BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

logos_x

Aimiel said:
It isn't winnowing, to suffer in an imagined 'corrective' torment, it is works, whether you recognize the truth of it or not. :duh:

Is it works to accept the grace that would save you from an "eternal" misery?

Aimiel

logos_x said:
Is it works to accept the grace that would save you from an "eternal" misery?
No, it's called faith. Also, it isn't my faith, it's my Father's, and it is a gift which was included with the grace. If you had it, you'd understand and you'd preach truth instead of lies, heresy and blasphemy.

Aimiel

But it isn't found in works or in hell. The only thing that the Lake of Fire gives is torment, not repentance or salvation. If it did, why didn't Jesus just say, "Everybody go to hell."

red77

Lighthouse said:
So you don't think annihilationism is possible?

I think that all kinds of things are possible for God, I dont happen to believe that annihilationalism was part of God's plan as I believe He can be all in all and subject his entire creation - the entire universe unto himself as he states in the word.......
Do you still believe in annihilationalism?

red77

Lighthouse said:
Steve-
If death is destroyed last, then it is destroyed after all those who are dead are destroyed.

Once someone's dead they're already destroyed unless you believe in life after death.....!

red77

Aimiel said:
No, it's called faith. Also, it isn't my faith, it's my Father's, and it is a gift which was included with the grace. If you had it, you'd understand and you'd preach truth instead of lies, heresy and blasphemy.[/QUOTE

Its blasphemous to believe and proclaim that God can restore all ofhis creation to himself????? Take that up with the word Aimiel - does it really need the suffering of others to have your own faith hold true?

red77

Lighthouse said:
red-
Of course I believe in life after death.

I accept that, in your belief though - if you still hold to it - it means people are resurrected to die physically and spiritually again - for ever? Is that right? No disrespect here, I dont hold to annihilationism as much as ET - although its far preferable to ET than endless suffering, and to be fair I can actually see more support for Annihilationaism than ET too, death in ET means torment, death amongst the annihalationists means just that - death, not existing - perishing etc - is this how you interpret these passages?

PKevman

The problem with BOTH annihilationism AND universalism is that the Bible explicitly says they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

PKevman

Balder said:
I notice Pastor Kevin didn't respond to my question to him.

I'm not surprised. When it is laid out so starkly, who in their right mind would give their assent to such an idea?

I have honestly been involved with a lot of other things lately, plus I think I have spelled out my positions pretty plainly in this debate and several others like it, along with the Battle Royale. But I will answer your question, yes I believe that man is an eternal being. He has an eternal soul that will spend eternity somewhere.

Yes I believe Christians are resurrected with perfect and glorified bodies that will live forever with God in Heaven and yes I believe the unsaved receive bodies that are fitted for eternal destruction so that they will be tormented day and night forever and ever just as Scripture says. This is why it is so critical to come to God on His terms and His terms alone, which He spells out plainly in the Bible. We cannot come to God under our own pretenses or based upon our own righteousness. We must accept HIS provision for making us righteous, which is found in the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Christians need to get on the ball and warn their friends and loved ones to repent and give their hearts to Jesus Christ before it is too late.

This has been my consistent message throughout and will be until the day God calls me home to glory to be with Him.

God bless.

Balder

Thank you for responding, Pastor K. And thank you for your good wishes. Unfortunately, I think you worship a monster, if you believe God fits unbelievers with eternal bodies so that they can undergo inescapable, unending torment.

Ecumenicist

Balder said:
Thank you for responding, Pastor K. And thank you for your good wishes. Unfortunately, I think you worship a monster,

A better, more scriptural word may be "beast."

if you believe God fits unbelievers with eternal bodies so that they can undergo inescapable, unending torment.

Ecumenicist

Aimiel said:
It isn't winnowing, to suffer in an imagined 'corrective' torment, it is works, whether you recognize the truth of it or not. :duh:

Your argument is with Christ through Scripture, not me.

Aimiel

Dave Miller said:
Your argument is with Christ through Scripture, not me.
No, my argument is with you, and with anyone else who holds that hell is designed to allow those sent there to 'work' their way to Heaven, by suffering. Self-flagellating Catholics beware, you're next!!!

Ecumenicist

Dave Miller said:
A better, more scriptural word may be "beast."

In the fine tradition of "truthsmack," isn't it loving to warn a brother or sister that even
though they think they are worshipping God, in fact, based on the fruits which are
born of this entity they worship, they are worshipping the beast instead?

Ecumenicist

Aimiel said:
No, my argument is with you, and with anyone else who holds that hell is designed to allow those sent there to 'work' their way to Heaven, by suffering. Self-flagellating Catholics beware, you're next!!!

So what does this mean? How would you interpret it?

Matt 3:
11"...He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. 12His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

Aimiel

Dave Miller said:
So what does this mean? How would you interpret it?

Matt 3:
11"...He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. 12His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire."
I would have to say that being baptized with His Holy Fire (He is A Fire from The Loins up and from The Loins down) is a separate issue from those who are burned by fire. Have you ever noticed that there are two different verbs in that passage, regarding how the fire is applied? I believe that it is the same thing (God's Presence) but has a different effect upon sheep than it does upon goats. The one He has accepted, because they are washed in The Blood of The Lamb; but the other He punishes, because of their un-belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.