BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

red77

Yes, but the point is - what difference would it make to pray for those who are already dead? Dave's right, the chances are that many of those tragically killed would not have been Christian, I heard on the news today that there was one person - a 76 year old Romanian Holocaust survivor - actually used himself as a human shield to protect some students and was killed in the process, what will his reward be for his selfless heroism if He wasnt 'saved' already?

Aimiel

This is ridiculous, annihihaltionism makes more sense if your argument is to stop 'evil from escaping'!
You're leaning upon your own understanding, and making The Word of God into what you imagine, instead of acknowledging God in all you do.

red77

You're leaning upon your own understanding, and making The Word of God into what you imagine, instead of acknowledging God in all you do.

Aimiel - you actually 'leaned on your own understanding' to come up with such an argument that ET is there to stop evil from escaping, there is no wisdom involved in pointing out the blatantly obvious that to stop evil annihihaltionsim makes much more sense where evil would be vanquished forever, and I'm not even an annihaltionist....

Nineveh

Merely Christian
So President Bush just called for the nation to pray that God would comfort the thousands of
students who showed up to the Va Tech memorial. Its certain that many of those kids are
not Christian.

Will the prayers of good Christians, the President included, on behalf of all those students,
nonChristians and Christians alike be ignored?

Is it a waste of time for Christians to pray for nonChristians?

If all are included it wouldn't matter one way or the other now would it?

You must not have found that god/dess yet.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
I already have considered

No you haven't.

No, I repented when i was 17, I asked forgiveness for the sins i had committed and the wrongs I had caused others, just how specific a 'witness' are you wanting exactly because thats pretty much the gist of mine

Okey dokey.

This pointless fight that has developed between us ends here

Not really. You haven't asked forgivenss and persist in your ways.

...how about a truce, or that we just agree to disagree and move on from all of this?

I missed that verse...

"Take heed to yourselves, if your brother sins against you just agree to disagree or call a truce...." Where can I find that? Next to the verses that indicate the majority throughout history have loved and obeyed God?

Aimiel

...to stop evil annihihaltionsim makes much more sense where evil would be vanquished forever...
That's your problem, you try to make sense out of your imagined scenarios, instead of allowing the clear Word of God to bring you to an understanding of sound doctrine. :nono:

logos_x

So what about that tree of life back in Genesis? What life does it bestow? Eternal life to the 1) body, 2) soul, 3) body and soul? I think it is limitied to the body. I think God created us with an imortal soul that survies our body and goes to death or hades. We are resurected into bodies as eternal as our soul and then judged.

I believe it is both body and soul.

One reason I believe this is the scripture I quoted earlier...

All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.
(Psa 22:29 KJV)

Try to insert that scripture into your theology.
It fits with mine perfectly.

Now...if everyone is done with questions directed at me...I'm done arguing with you.

God bless.

Aimiel

Nineveh makes a marvelous anti-Christian witness, I'll give her that.
I strongly disagree with that remark. Attempting to offend an offensive and ignorant professing 'Christian' to attempt to shed some light upon their hypocracy so that they don't end up in hell is not only very Christian, it is to be applauded. I wish I were half as knowledgeable and articulate as her. Also, not being Christian, you don't have the first clue who is a Christian witness and who isn't. You can't even see The Kingdom, so you can't expect to govern It.

red77

No you haven't.

Yes, i have, this is a strawman argument Nineveh, I spent two years in a pentecostal church where hellfire/brimstone was the cornerstone of the message, if you think that I embraced universalism just because it 'sounded nice' you are completely mistaken, now will you please answer what you thought Jesus's answer to the disciples meant? Why can you not answer this question?

Okey dokey.

Ok

Not really. You haven't asked forgivenss and persist in your ways.

you wont even acknowledege your own error, what 'persist in my ways' is supposed to mean exactly I have no idea, you'll just be a hypocrite to keep hounding me on this issue and I'm tired of your arrogance

I missed that verse...

"Take heed to yourselves, if your brother sins against you just agree to disagree or call a truce...." Where can I find that? Next to the verses that indicate the majority throughout history have loved and obeyed God?

You've sinned against me in this thread, you bore false witness against me with a pathetic misrepresentation of one of my posts, are you going to acknowledge that? I suspect not....you are not above the law yourself no matter how quickly you stand in judgement of others

red77

That's your problem, you try to make sense out of your imagined scenarios, instead of allowing the clear Word of God to bring you to an understanding of sound doctrine. :nono:

This was your imagined scenario as to why eternal torment made sense, it doesnt require wisdom to point out that for evil to be vanquished annihalationism would make more sense, its pointing out the already blindingly obvious....

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Yes, i have, this is a strawman argument Nineveh, I spent two years in a pentecostal church where hellfire/brimstone was the cornerstone of the message, if you think that I embraced universalism just because it 'sounded nice' you are completely mistaken, now will you please answer what you thought Jesus's answer to the disciples meant? Why can you not answer this question?

Too bad we aren't talking about pentecostal doctrine. I am trying to point out the obvious to you. The Bible documents most people throughout history have and do hate God. I know you want to avoid the Bible like the plague, but it's still there whether you wanna believe what it says or not.

you wont even acknowledege your own error...

, said the lying hypocrite.

red77

Too bad we aren't talking about pentecostal doctrine. I am trying to point out the obvious to you. The Bible documents most people throughout history have and do hate God. I know you want to avoid the Bible like the plague, but it's still there whether you wanna believe what it says or not.

And still no answer

, said the lying hypocrite.

Right back atcha

logos_x

It was the religious leaders that Jesus had the most trouble with....and from.

Things haven't changed much in that area...have they?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I believe it is both body and soul.

One reason I believe this is the scripture I quoted earlier...

All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.
(Psa 22:29 KJV)

Try to insert that scripture into your theology.
It fits with mine perfectly.

Now...if everyone is done with questions directed at me...I'm done arguing with you.

God bless.
Is this a case of declairing victory and walking away?

logos_x

Is this a case of declairing victory and walking away?

I was under the impression that you think I'm wrong.

That is not a victory.

It is what it is. I don't think further arguments are going to provide a different outcome than what we have...it will never end, unless we just walk away from this particular thread and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.