OK who wants to battle????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATAT

Great!

How about:

1. Jesus never taught you have to believe in him as God to be forgiven.

2. Jesus tried to deny being God.

3. Jesus would have been horrified to think God needs / requires a sacrifice to forgive people.

That is in order of my pref.

Have a great weekend!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey Knight! How about either me or OneEyedJack against shima on taxes or public school? :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by ebenz47037
Hey Knight! How about either me or OneEyedJack against shima on taxes or public school? :D
Battle Royale VIII maybe?

I like the public school debate.

See if Shima is up to it.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:D I'll see if he wants to do it. We've already been getting a little heated about both subjects.

Crow

Originally posted by ebenz47037

I'd like to see that myself--you would both be good. Too bad they don't have tag-team battles yet--it would be good to see both of you as a team. :D

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crow
I'd like to see that myself--you would both be good. Too bad they don't have tag-team battles yet--it would be good to see both of you as a team. :D

That would be a blast! :D Either Jack or BillyBob would work for me on those two subjects. :D

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Hey Nori, I'm game. Here is my resume.....

Shima;
Well, I could be wrong about you [ebenz] specifically. But how many parents do you know that can teach math, science, literature, history etc as well as any teacher could? I know NOT ONE.

Billy;
Shima, in my area and I assume everywhere else, there are many homeschool groups that exchange curriculum and ideas about schooling. Twice a week our boys meet with other homeschool kids for a full day of classes taught by the parents [usually the Mom's] and MANY of these parents have teaching degrees. These parents hold classes based on their field of expertise and the kids get a chance to socialize. My wife, for example, has a degree in Christian education. One Mom has a science degree. I was schooled at Eastman School of Music and because we live in Nashville, most kids have a musician in the family so they can get a quality musical education that very few kids in any public school could ever get!

I think you have a very misinformed idea about homeschooling.

Shima;
I wouldn't mind having a "comparative religion" class though.

Billy;
I am very aprehensive about having religion taught by a public school teacher. You were worried about homeschool teachers credentials, I would like to know what credentials a Comparative Religions Teacher would have. Is it the Gym teacher looking for a few extra bucks because he wants to buy that Corvette that he could never afford and his middle age identity crisis demands that he drive a sports car to impress the High School girls who think he is older than their own fathers and he shouldn't be trying to impress them in the first place but his wife says they can't afford it so he takes on the new CR class?
Uhhhhhh....No Thanks.

Shima;
If a school in New York decides NOT to teach science, than those kids going there are at a disadvantage when compared to other schools. In todays knowledge based economy, its pretty important that the subject matter being taught in school is accurate.

Billy;
As far as I know, every school teaches science and I agree that it is a very important subject. As far as accuracy being guaranteed, this is one of the reasons we homeschool. We KNOW absolutely what our kids are being taught and guess what? There are no thugs in our class. There are no drugs in our class.There is no 'sex in the stairwells'. There is no crazy bus driver screaming obsenities at the kids. There are no gangs, no bloody noses or torn clothing from fighting. No pressure from older kids saying 'try this kid, it will make you feel good. Don't you wanna hang out with us'.
Oh, and you would be AMAZED at how polite homeschool kids are! I guess they stopped teaching manners in public school a long time ago.

Shima;
What other things do you teach that are merely your own opinions and not real facts? "OKay kids, you know all about math, but in my opinion 1+2 doesn't equal 3." LOL

I seriously doubt a teacher would do such a thing. Can you say the same?

Billy;
Don't kid yourself. Teachers are always going to inject their personal opinions when they teach, it is inevitable. At least with our homeschool groups, we share with the teachers the same ideology and are quite at ease allowing them to have our kids for a few hours a week.

Hey, are you sure about the 1+2 not equaling 3 thing? Sounds like a college philosophy class.......
College.....now you gave me something to worry about!

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight, we really need to do a "tag team" BR. That would be fun. Especially with someone like Jack or BillyBob. :yesyes:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Hey Nori, I think that Eireann would be a good match-up with Shima.
He seems to have a strong opinion about the public school topic and he loves to debate.

Sozo

Re: OK who wants to battle????

:director: Christian's cannot sin

Last edited:

add yasaf

bring it on

bring it on

I would like to debate any Calvinist and Open Theist on this site.

There aren't that many good Calvinists, there are much more of that kind of open theist.

But, this would help me lose a little frustration out. Not in the Battle. What I mean is that frequently the debates are really not debates. Many just choose to ignore a great point, or rebuttal and move on like nothing happened.

At least this way they cant ignore the posts.

I will take on both at one time if you want.

Berean Todd

I would find a calvinist/armenian debate very interesting. While I generally fall on the side of Calvinists, I still find myself outside of both; there are points to both which I find hard to dispute, and this I tend to fall inbetween and think that there might be a middle ground which includes parts of both. However, as I said I think it would be a very interesting debate indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.