Battle Royale IX PRE-GAME show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTK

Emo said:
With Hilston's presuppositional stance, I think he will eat Stratnerd's lunch.

I quite agree! :thumb:

I am really looking forward to this debate! :D

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lucky said:
Uh, did you get that memo? Oh, and we need to talk about your TPS reports.
yeah....I'm gonna need you to....go ahead...and come in on saturday...yeah

Adam

Hall of Fame
Expect Hilston to keep Biblically focused.

Since I don't know Stratnerd, is he/she a Christian or not?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think this is going to be a fun matchup. I really have no idea as how and where it will go.

And that should be the fun part. :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lovejoy said:
So, was BR IX created, or did it evolve from its predecessors? :think:
Most certainly created... and as you can tell from its title it must be outside of time.

Lovejoy

Knight said:
Most certainly created... and as you can tell from its title it must be outside of time.
:chuckle: See, now, evolution would actually work if it could just back-track like that, and fill in gaps left by irreducible complexity issues!

simply one

This is going to be a solid fight. I wonder how far into QuasiScientific religious hypothsizing it will stray? Or how many "facts" will be posted? I hope they keep in logical, rational, and that neither focuses exclusively on their main source (Hilston=The Bible...Stratnerd=Darwin's "Origin of Species", all of Mankind's scientific observations)

:think:

I'm psyched but reserved...I hope that this doesn't end up in a Bible vs. Science, a MetaPhysical vs. Physical stalemate.

inherit the wind...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
simply one said:
This is going to be a solid fight. I wonder how far into QuasiScientific religious hypothsizing it will stray? Or how many "facts" will be posted? I hope they keep in logical, rational, and that neither focuses exclusively on their main source (Hilston=The Bible...Stratnerd=Darwin's "Origin of Species", all of Mankind's scientific observations)

I'm psyched but reserved...I hope that this doesn't end up in a Bible vs. Science, a MetaPhysical vs. Physical stalemate.

inherit the wind...
:rotfl:

Lovejoy

simply one said:

inherit the wind...
Like some kind of Gnostic, dualist throwdown? "You and your system are inherently evil, and I have secret knowledge that you do not have! So there!" Both sides have some tendency towards that....

simply one

Lovejoy said:
:chuckle: See, now, evolution would actually work if it could just back-track like that, and fill in gaps left by irreducible complexity issues!

Inductive Reasoning vs. Deductive Reasoning
One is more accurate than the other. And religion is generally based on the other.

simply one

Lovejoy said:
Like some kind of Gnostic, dualist throwdown? "You and your system are inherently evil, and I have secret knowledge that you do not have! So there!" Both sides have some tendency towards that....

unfortunately...

allsmiles

i don't know anything about Hilston's style but i don't think anything Stratnerd has to say is actually going to be taken into consideration. in my experience with debates on this subject (which has only ever been from a christian perspective) it usually breaks down to the creationist waiting for the other person to be done making their point with little to no attempt at actually considering the possibility of the opposite idea being correct.

The Berean

So what exactly will be the focus of the debate? Is evolution "science" based on the modern understanding of "science"?

The Berean

According to his profile, Hilston hasn't posted on TOL since December 22, 2004. Where has he been all this time? :confused:

The Berean

koban said:
Playing saxophone in an all girl band in a cabaret in New Orleans, last I heard. :think:

Well, if he's playing sax for them, then it can't be an all-girl band can it now. Unless, I'm missing something. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.