Thank you Sam Lamerson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel Lamerson

Knight said:
Just so all of you know, Sam was nothing but pure class to deal with throughout BRX. Sam completely understood the word count issue and also understood the issue regarding Steve Roy's material in round 9 (Sam mentions both in round 10).

I want to publicly thank Sam for his effort in Battle Royale X so I will post the email I sent to him after his portion of the debate was over.....We at TOL are blessed that great guys such as Sam and Bob took the time (a TON of time) to create such an awesome debate!

Knight and others,

Thanks very much for your kind words. I will be pointing many students to this debate, both as help in understanding the OV and as help in understading rhetoric. Thanks for the opportunity to be here. Blessings,

Sam Lamerson

Chileice

Samuel Lamerson said:
Knight and others,

Thanks very much for your kind words. I will be pointing many students to this debate, both as help in understanding the OV and as help in understading rhetoric. Thanks for the opportunity to be here. Blessings,

Sam Lamerson

I want to thank you most of all for your attitude in the debate. You maintained a level of Christian integrity that was admirable. I'm sorry you did not have the time needed to fully develop some of your ideas earlier in the debate. I found some of the later posts to be quite interesting. Thanks again for your participation.

Mr. 5020

SOTK said:
Yes, Dr. Sam is a 5 Point Calvinist. :up:
I was led to believe that 5-point Calvinists believe there is no free will. Dr. Lamerson said:
Before starting to attempt toprove that God does indeed know the future actions of free agents...
Would he still fall in the aforementioned category?

SOTK

Mr. 5020 said:
I was led to believe that 5-point Calvinists believe there is no free will. Dr. Lamerson said:
Would he still fall in the aforementioned category?

This statement is consistent with Calvinism. Calvinists believe in future free agents.

Mr. 5020

SOTK said:
This statement is consistent with Calvinism. Calvinists believe in future free agents.
My apologies. My only knowledge of Calvinism is from a "discussion" I had with a TOL poster named "Christine." She stated that humans had absolutely no free will.

SOTK

Mr. 5020 said:
My apologies. My only knowledge of Calvinism is from a "discussion" I had with a TOL poster named "Christine." She stated that humans had absolutely no free will.

Well, knowing future free agents is different from saying that we believe in free-will. I would say that Calvinists, particularly myself, dismiss the traditional definition of free-will. I believe that the unregenerate man's will is in subjection to Satan, however, this does not mean that unregenerate man is not still responsible for his depravity. I believe the Elect (Christians) are in Christ and therefore in subjection to Christ, the Holy Spirit, and God.

Basically, Calvinists feel that humans can think, reason, use logic, etc. We just dismiss the traditional definition of it. In fact, I hardly even use the phrase free-will anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.