Battle Royale XIV discussion thread

heir

TOL Subscriber
You don't need a KJB to figure out we are not the Church of Prophesy, but in fact the Mystery Church revealed to Paul. We get the Gospel of our Salvation from Paul. Sorry, I don't get your point.
Do versions like the NIV facilitate that Paul preached a different gospel as the 12 or do they make it appear as if it is the same, just to different people?

Galatians 2:7 NIV

heir

TOL Subscriber
You don't need a KJB to figure out we are not the Church of Prophesy, but in fact the Mystery Church revealed to Paul. We get the Gospel of our Salvation from Paul. Sorry, I don't get your point.
Do versions like the NIV make clear or hide the fact that we are justified by the faith OF Jesus Christ? Galatians 2:16 NIV

mamatuzzo

Quoted by Heir

"The "resources we have available" IS "all scripture" (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). God will sort out the "rest of the world" just as He did concerning reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV)."

Yes "all scripture" and in many parts of the World "all scripture" is what they have available. Yes, God will sort out the rest of the world, God is not reduced to a Translation.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
On a practical note, for me at least, here is what I know for sure. God doesn't need a perfect printed version of His Word in every tongue to reach a lost world with the Gospel to get people saved, before or after the printing of the KJV Bible. In the scope of the history of man there is only a very small percent of the Human Race that will ever see that perfect printed Word before or after the KJV. So, what good is a perfect printed translation if most of Humanity will never hold it in their hands?

Yes. And further, seems like, even if there was a perfect printed version, then men would definitely worship it. After all, some already idolize it (even after admitting it has some errors).

Thanks mamatuzzo! - Bob

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes. And further, seems like, even if there was a perfect printed version, then men would definitely worship it.
Is this idolatry?

Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Psalm 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do versions like the NIV facilitate that Paul preached a different gospel as the 12 or do they make it appear as if it is the same, just to different people?

You just proved the KJV causes confusion.

Paul preached the same gospel to different people.

There is only one gospel.

Cedarbay

Do versions like the NIV make clear or hide the fact that we are justified by the faith OF Jesus Christ? Galatians 2:16 NIV
Important question. Some Christians use this version for personal reading and study. 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

Galatians 2:16

16 Know that a man is not justified by the works of the Law, but by the faith [a]of Jesus Christ, even we, I say, have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the Law, because that by the works of the Law, no flesh shall be justified.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You just proved the KJV causes confusion.
No, corrupted knockoffs do.

Anyone who can read and count sees 2!

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

There is only one gospel.
Persently, yes. In the Bible there are several!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Things that are different are NOT the same! Are these the same?

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Peter preached the above to Gentiles!

Paul preached this to Gentiles!

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

mamatuzzo

I made no claim that the NIV was a perfect translation. God is not reduced to a translation,

heir

TOL Subscriber
Those who read and study to show themselves approved, know there is one.

KJVO's are against studying.
It's the word of truth that we are to rightly divide. You can't even define what it is or how to do it.

There would be no need to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV if there was only one.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's the word of truth that we are to rightly divide. You can't even define what it is or how to do it.

There would be no need to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV if there was only one.

Maybe if you actually studied and used other versions you wouldn't be a Bullingerite.

mamatuzzo

I can't speak to their intent, Gentiles were certainly the Uncircumcised.

brandplucked

Originally Posted by brandplucked
Hi Journey. And so you remain the bible agnostic who does NOT believe that any Bible in history ever was the complete and inerrant words of God that you were before the debate, and you prefer your new Vatican versions like the ESV, NASB.

I'm like, totally shocked

You have a problem telling the truth and prefer to twist things for your benefit. You tried to do the same thing in the debate that you just lost. The words you tried to put in my mouth were not mine. I have no further use for you.

Hi journey. If I am not telling the truth and am the one who is lying, then all you have to do to prove me wrong is to do what none of you have done (including Bob Enyart and Will Duffy) is to tell us with all honesty WHICH Bible it is that you believe is the complete and inerrant words of God.

But you won't do that, will you? Why? Because you really do not believe there is such a thing. You are just too dishonest to admit it.

So who is the one that is not telling the truth, you or me?

You may not agree with me about what I believe. But I have been consistent in my stated beliefs.

I can show you a copy or give you a link to where you can see for yourself what I believe is the inerrant words of God. So far, not one of you bible agnostics have done that.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I can't speak to their intent, Gentiles were certainly the Uncircumcised.

The answer to the question is simple.

Versions like the NIV make it appear as if it's the same, just to different people.

When in fact there are two very real gospels in the verse (and at that time)!

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;