Battle Royale XIV discussion thread

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
And, regardless of the outcome, I will continue to believe every single word of my KJB even when I don't understand it.

I just thought the same thing this morning when I was telling my mom about this debate. I will always stay in the KJV, also no matter what is said or shown. Yesterday actually, is when I thought that because I looked up a list of all Bibles ever, some partial and incomplete then the complete Bibles and manuscripts. KJV is it for me.

SaulToPaul 2

I just thought the same thing this morning when I was telling my mom about this debate. I will always stay in the KJV, also no matter what is said or shown. Yesterday actually, is when I thought that because I looked up a list of all Bibles ever, some partial and incomplete then the complete Bibles and manuscripts. KJV is it for me.

It will never lead you astray, you can rely on it, and believe it.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Whilst I am sure the debate will be interesting, for me it is a foregone conclusion. Having also debated in some detail with a few KJVO members here, and not once received an answer to obvious and straightforward questions, my guess is that quite a number of questions will also remain unanswered even in a debate at this high level.
Note that I am in no way against the KJV. The KJV was one of the first Bibles I ever read and the NKJV remains one of my most valued translations. It is the O that is the problem.

The arguments against the O are simple and powerful and no amount of detail or logic can overcome them. Indeed, the greatest ploy of KJVOnlyists in my experience has been to make the arguments more complicated than they need be to create a shield against the obvious.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Got to love the tribute to William Shakespere in the text of the original KJV 1611. So inspired by........

Not to mention:

The 1611 KJV included the Apocrypha.

The 1611 KJV contained a list of holy days that included All Saints Day, The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin, and other Saints days.

The 1611 KJV had marginal cross-references to books of the Apocrypha

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not to mention:

The 1611 KJV included the Apocrypha.

The 1611 KJV contained a list of holy days that included All Saints Day, The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin, and other Saints days.

The 1611 KJV had marginal cross-references to books of the Apocrypha

Darby contributed to the 1611 KJB

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
*bump*

Getting close.
Monday, November 2, 2015 at noon Mountain Time.

genuineoriginal

So.... thoughts???

I think this should be interesting.

Could the title of the Battle Royale XIV be changed to
"Is the King James Bible the Only Inspired Scripture In English on Earth Today?"

It seems very unfair against Will Kinney if Bob Enyart and Will Duffy are able to bring in Hebrew and Greek scripture as proof that there is scripture in other languages that is clearly more inspired than any translation.

For that matter, there is still the Latin scripture used by the Catholic church and the German scripture used by the Reformers that have been used for even longer than the KJV.

Allowing the argument to wander away from English translations will just muddle the debate.