Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

What makes this really funny is that all she had to do was read the previous verse where it says who the son is.

1Ch 22:9 Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.

lol..So then, you are denying the prophetic writings about Jesus foretold in the Old Testament.

God's Truth

She thinks every time "son" is mentioned in the OT, it's talking about Jesus and He is calling Himself the Father. She's getting desperate, and her brain has become even more addled.

Are you claiming then that Jesus did not fulfill the law and the PROPHETS?

2 Sam 7:14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.

1 Chron 17:13 I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor.

1 Chronicles 22:10 He is the one who will build a house for my Name. He will be my son, and I will be his father. And I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.'

Psalm 89:26 He will call out to me, 'You are my Father, my God, the Rock my Savior.'

godrulz

Hall of Fame
lol..So then, you are denying the prophetic writings about Jesus for told in the Old Testament.

Not every verse in the OT is Messianic. We do not deny Messianic verses, just wrong proof texting which you are prone to. Context is king. Your anti-intellectualism leaves you open to confusion and deception.

God's Truth

Thank you for acknowledging that you:
- do not know and understand God.
- do have a comprehension thing.
- are ensnared by the devil.
- are blind to how the truth is plainly and clearly before you and
- you deny it with all kind of lying and personal attacks.

Anyone who can see can see that it is you who personally attack, and that I merely call it as it is.

God's Truth

Not every verse in the OT is Messianic. We do not deny Messianic verses, just wrong proof texting which you are prone to. Context is king. Your anti-intellectualism leaves you open to confusion and deception.

You do deny it. LOL

You do deny it.

You said this is not about Jesus...

1 Chronicles 22:10 He is the one who will build a house for my Name. He will be my son, and I will be his father. And I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.'

Just as the Jews do, you deny that Jesus fulfilled the Prophets.

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

God's Truth

1 Chron 17:13 I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor.

Paul is quoting 1 Chronicles 17:13

Hebrews 1:5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father"? Or again, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"?

God's Truth

What makes this really funny is that all she had to do was read the previous verse where it says who the son is.

1Ch 22:9 Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.

Jesus fulfilled the PROPHETS. Those scriptures are Jesus speaking about when he comes as a Son.

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Paul is quoting those scriptures in the Old Testament, proving that they are about Jesus.

Hebrews 1:5
For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father"? Or again, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"?

1 Chronicles 17:13
I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor.

2 Samuel 7:14
I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.

Acts 13:33
he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm: "'You are my son; today I have become your father.'

Hebrews 5:5
In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

lol..So then, you are denying the prophetic writings about Jesus foretold in the Old Testament.

You are sooooooo very stupid.

Of course it is prophetic.
But the instance of who the actual son spoken of in the verse is SOLOMON, not Christ.

Just as when the nation of Israel was called out of Egypt is prophetic, but it was still ISRAEL, not Christ, that was called out of Egypt in:

Hos 11:1
When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.
And to confirm that the above (while it was prophetic) was really speaking of the nation of Israel (not Christ) at the time, read the next verse:

Hos 11:2
As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed unto Baalim, and burned incense to graven images.
Christ did not sacrifice to Baalim, nor burn incense to graven images after He came out of Egypt.
But Israel did.

I can't wait to see what other dumb thing you say about scripture. It cracks me up!

glorydaz

Jesus fulfilled the PROPHETS. Those scriptures are Jesus speaking about when he comes as a Son.

Paul is quoting those scriptures in the Old Testament, proving that they are about Jesus.

Hebrews 1:5
For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father"? Or again, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"?

1 Chronicles 17:13
I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor.

2 Samuel 7:14
I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.

Acts 13:33
he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm: "'You are my son; today I have become your father.'

Hebrews 5:5
In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father."

I see you chose translations that left out the word "begotten". Jesus is the only begotten Son. Shame on you, GT, for trying to sneak in your deception.

For example, Israel was not a begotten son.

Exodus 4:22
And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:​

The next thing we know, you'll be claiming Ezekiel is Jesus because he is called the "Son of man" just like Jesus called Himself. :chuckle:

Ezekiel 3:4
And he said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them.​

glorydaz

End of sentence preposition.

It doesn't have to be like this, GT. You could humble yourself and admit you have a lot to learn....a willingness to listen and be taught.
It's your pride that is leading to your fall. And we are all witnesses of that fall.

Proverbs 12:15
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You do deny it. LOL

You do deny it.

You said this is not about Jesus...

Just as the Jews do, you deny that Jesus fulfilled the Prophets.

The context is talking about David and Solomon. This is the historical fulfillment. It is part of the physical line of Christ, so you might get away with some typology or dual fulfillment, but the original context is historical, not Messianic, per se. If an OT verse is quoted in the NT, it also does not make it predictive in all cases (there is a range of OT/NT quotes that seem out of context, etc., so various explanations have been proposed...I am reading a whole book on this subject).

lifeisgood

Anyone who can see can see that it is you who personally attack, and that I merely call it as it is.

Like the time you have called me stupid?
Like the time you said my opinion was worthless?

Anyone who can see, can see that it is you, GT, who personally attack, and that I, lifeisgood, am merely calling it as it is.

lifeisgood

But the instance of who the actual son spoken of in the verse is SOLOMON, not Christ.

Just as when the nation of Israel was called out of Egypt is prophetic, but it was still ISRAEL, not Christ, that was called out of Egypt in:

And to confirm that the above (while it was prophetic) was really speaking of the nation of Israel (not Christ) at the time, read the next verse:

As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed unto Baalim, and burned incense to graven images.
Christ did not sacrifice to Baalim, nor burn incense to graven images after He came out of Egypt.
But Israel did.

:thumb:

God's Truth

You are sooooooo very stupid.
You describe yourself exactly.

You said it was about Solomon, not Christ.
You are badly mistaken. Now, you are trying to make your error look sensible. There is no way you can clean it up except by repenting.

You see, you have just made it not prophetic.

But Israel did.

I can't wait to see what other dumb thing you say about scripture. It cracks me up!
It is about JESUS CHRIST. Do you really think that Solomon was more important? It was Jesus speaking about when he would come as Jesus. You cannot have it both ways. You cannot say it is about Jesus then say it was not. You are proving that you are cracked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.