Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Put some flesh on those bones, and less all caps, you are asserting, GT, and then perhaps the conversation will proceed. Just sayin'.

A question for you. Can you fully explain God such that your explanation will exactly and completely capture all there is to know about God? Yes or No?

AMR

she keeps talking about 3 gods and 4 gods....is there hope?:deadhorse:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
That is a pathetic excuse why you cannot refute my beliefs.

Nowhere in the Bible do the scriptures say there is a God with three Gods within Him.

I do not know what you are asking.

Correct. Trinitarians say the same thing. You are still attacking straw man caricatures of the biblical view.:deadhorse::banned:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Get saved, Ernie, then I will consider your "idiot" assessment. Am I clear, Ernie? Good.

Saved in 1978 based on Jn. 1:12; Jn. 3:16; Jn. 14:6; Acts 4:12; Rom. 1:16; Rom. 10:9-10; I Cor. 15:1-4; Eph. 2:8-10; I Jn. 5:11-13; Titus 3:5, etc.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Correct. Trinitarians say the same thing. You are still attacking straw man caricatures of the biblical view.:deadhorse::banned:

And that should make you appreciate me, even if you never agree with me. At least I don't misrepresent the Orthodox Trinity doctrine for anything but what it is. Isn't that refreshing?
:rotfl::salute:

lifeisgood

No.

I believed and started obeying Jesus' teachings, and then he saved me.

I had merely believed in him, since I was a young child, until I was in my thirties.

Again, Jesus did not save me until I obeyed him.

Then, you added to His finished work at the Cross, because as you say, 'Jesus did not save me UNTIL I, GT, OBEYED HIM'.

What you said to Him was, "Jesus, what you did at the Cross of Calvary was not enough, let me OBEY you this way your work on the Cross will be completed and then you will save me."

lifeisgood

All you did was go against what Jesus says.

You kept saying, "Without the need for any believing..."

We have to believe and obey.

In fact, if anyone willed to do God's will, they will end up believing in Him.

See John 7:17.

You keep on saying that you, GT, OBEYED and then Jesus saved you.

What you keep on saying to Jesus is that what He did at the Cross of Calvary was not enough and you, GT, have to add your obedience to His work on the Cross so that His work can be completed and then He can save you.

No, you are not using those same words, but that is exactly what you are saying.

glorydaz

You keep on saying that you, GT, OBEYED and then Jesus saved you.

What you keep on saying to Jesus is that what He did at the Cross of Calvary was not enough and you, GT, have to add your obedience to His work on the Cross so that His work can be completed and then He can save you.

No, you are not using those same words, but that is exactly what you are saying.

Yep, that's exactly what she's saying.

God's Truth

You believed with your mind. Then you went about establishing your own righteousnes. Then you stopped short of entering into the straight gate. You can only enter that narrow way when you lay down yourself and your trust in your own "obedience". You must be fully persuaded that God is able to perform what He has promised....your performing is excluded. Period.

You are unstable and ignorant, according to Peter. See 2 Peter 3:16, 17.

You can ask any child, about the age of 8, and ask if we have to obey Jesus. Unless the child is already indoctrinated with your false beliefs, the child will say, “Yes, we have to obey Jesus.”

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am doubtful. She is dug in and unwilling to budge. This happens to those that refuse to attend a church and receive good instruction.

AMR

God's Truth

Then, you added to His finished work at the Cross, because as you say, 'Jesus did not save me UNTIL I, GT, OBEYED HIM'.
It is not adding to his work on the cross.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he chooses those whom he will save.

Jesus saves those who obey. You could not care one bit about God’s Truth. You only care about the nonsense you were taught.

You reject the scriptures. Jesus saves those who obey. See Acts 5:32, and John 14:23.

What you said to Him was, "Jesus, what you did at the Cross of Calvary was not enough, let me OBEY you this way your work on the Cross will be completed and then you will save me."

Jesus says he saves those he is PLEASED to save, see John 5:21 NIV.

Jesus saves those who are on the side of truth, see John 18:37.

Jesus saves those who do right and come to the light, see John 3:21.

Jesus saves those he accepts, see Acts 15:8 NIV.

Jesus accepts those who fear God and does what is right, see Acts 10:35.

Jesus saves those who obey, see Acts 5:32.

Jesus saves those who practice what he preaches, see Luke 8:21.

Jesus saves those who get his teachings and obeys them, see John 14:23.

Lifeisgood, your pastor cannot give you the Holy Spirit, neither can your spouse, your relative, your neighbor, or friend. Only Jesus can give the Holy Spirit, and he gives it to those who obey.

God's Truth

I am doubtful. She is dug in and unwilling to budge. This happens to those that refuse to attend a church and receive good instruction.

AMR

Jesus is the visible of the invisible God. That invisible GOD IS THE FATHER. There is not a God, and another God the Father.

Colossians 1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You saying 'straw man' is a straw man.

Trinitarians say there are three gods in one. That makes four gods.

Quote a credible trinitarian that says that. This is your twisting of what a trinitarian would say (like JW WT misrepresents it).

We do NOT say there are 3 gods in one God nor do we say there are 3 persons in 1 person (these are incoherent contradictions). Coming up with 4 gods is even more idiotic.

We say there are 3 personal distinctions (not gods) in one God. This recognizes that there is only one spirit of God (nature, essence, substance, being, God, ontology), not 3. You are talking tritheism, NOT triunity. Your unipersonality view is even more problematic. AMR has made this clear, yet you still misrepresent it.

This is classic straw man and you are officially wasting our time.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Jesus is the visible of the invisible God. That invisible GOD IS THE FATHER. There is not a God, and another God the Father.

Colossians 1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Only the Word/Son became flesh. He is with (personally distinct) the Father (ho theos) and of the nature of the Father (anarthrous construction 1:1c)....John 1:1

godrulz

Hall of Fame
She denies the Word was with God and was God. If she denies that, then she is just willfully blind.

Ignorant of Greek grammar, theology, context.

John 1:1 alone refutes polytheism (LDS/Mormonism), Arianism/Unitarianism (JW), and modalism/Oneness/Sabellianism. It is consistent with trinitarianism, the biblical, historical, orthodox view from the beginning.

God's Truth

Only the Word/Son became flesh. He is with (personally distinct) the Father (ho theos) and of the nature of the Father (anarthrous construction 1:1c)....John 1:1

What an ignorant thing for you to say. Only the Word became flesh---the Word WAS GOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.