Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I am sorry but I dont get it either... God will send himself as a spirit in Jesus"His" name.... ok
Jesus prays to himself,speaks of the Father.Tells us to Pray to the Father...wouldn't Satan know who he is, why would Satan tempt God who could create another world so why offer him the Earth? I mean Satan talked to God directly in Job...

Jesus is our Lord and Savior I get, Behold this is my Son in whom I am well pleased I get..this Godhead trinity I do not..

they claim Father, Son and the HS make one God.

chairistotle

The trinity doctrine says there are three separate and distinct Gods.

God is not three different and distinct Gods.

That is not what the teaching on the Trinity says. Below is a brief synopsis from http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/articles/what-is-the-doctrine-of-the-trinity

What Does it Mean That God is a Trinity?
The doctrine of the Trinity means that there is one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Stated differently, God is one in essence and three in person. These definitions express three crucial truths: (1) The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct Persons, (2) each Person is fully God, (3) there is only one God.

God's Truth

That is not what the teaching on the Trinity says. Below is a brief synopsis from http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/articles/what-is-the-doctrine-of-the-trinity

What Does it Mean That God is a Trinity?
The doctrine of the Trinity means that there is one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Stated differently, God is one in essence and three in person. These definitions express three crucial truths: (1) The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct Persons, (2) each Person is fully God, (3) there is only one God.

Stop it with the one essence and three persons. You do not answer my questions so that anyone can understand what that even means, besides meaning three different and separate Gods.

Stop it with the avoidance of answering my questions yourself.

This is a debate for trinitarians to explain in depth their doctrines, in their own words.

fishrovmen

GT, I believe that your questions HAVE been answered by many who are trying to explain ONE who has no earthly equal. If you cannot fully comprehend it, join the club, but the alternative (to refuse to believe) is your choice.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Stop it with the one essence and three persons. You do not answer my questions so that anyone can understand what that even means, besides meaning three different and separate Gods.

Stop it with the avoidance of answering my questions yourself.

This is a debate for trinitarians to explain in depth their doctrines, in their own words.

The word 'essence' comes from the Latin- 'esse' to the French-essentia and basically means 'being', or that which a thing is, as opposed to what it is not and how it is what it is in it's nature and not something else.

Words are tools for communication and when one refuses to use the tools, then communication and explanations cease.

Essence is a very good word.

God's Truth

GT, I believe that your questions HAVE been answered by many who are trying to explain ONE who has no earthly equal. If you cannot fully comprehend it, join the club, but the alternative (to refuse to believe) is your choice.

No, I do not join your club that says to believe in something they teach but cannot explain.

I understand my beliefs.

God's Truth

The word 'essence' comes from the Latin- 'esse' to the French-essentia and basically means 'being', or that which a thing is, as opposed to what it is not and how it is what it is in it's nature and not something else.

Words are tools for communication and when one refuses to use the tools, then communication and explanations cease.

Essence is a very good word.

Use the words that the Bible uses.

fishrovmen

No, I do not join your club that says to believe in something they teach but cannot explain.

I understand my beliefs.

Is that not the problem that Nicodemus had in John 3? Jesus did not rebuke him for not fully comprehending what Jesus was talking about, but Jesus did say this: Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
and this: Joh 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And then we see Nicodemus bringing spices for Jesus burial.

God's Truth

Is that not the problem that Nicodemus had in John 3? Jesus did not rebuke him for not fully comprehending what Jesus was talking about, but Jesus did say this: Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
and this: Joh 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And then we see Nicodemus bringing spices for Jesus burial.

Luke 12:8 "And I say to you, everyone who confesses Me before men, the Son of Man will confess him also before the angels of God;

There were Pharisees who believed in Jesus, but they would not publicly admit it.

Now, read what Jesus says about those who will not acknowledge him before others.

Luke 12:9 But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God.

keypurr

You accept the trinity doctrine even though it says it is unexplainable. If you cannot explain it, then you cannot defend it!

They can't explain how Santa's reindeer can fly to the rooftops neither. They just believe any thing they have been told.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Lon

They can't explain how Santa's reindeer can fly to the rooftops neither. They just believe any thing they have been told.

Isaiah 43:11 Isaiah 45:51 Isaiah 46:6,9

Luke 22:42

John 1:1

John 20:28

Matthew 28:19

Philippians 2:6

We must come away [from these scriptures] knowing that there is only one God and that Father Son and Spirit are God.

This is not a debate thread, we are suppose to be discussing the merits or demerits of the both AMR and GT's discussion, not getting into our own 6 on 10's. This is a 1on1 discussion folks.

My quote above is linked to a thread for discussing the triune topic in a free-for-all. This thread is specifically supposed to stay on the debate.

Stay on topic and task, please.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is not a debate thread, we are suppose to be discussing the merits or demerits of the both AMR and GT's discussion, not getting into our own 6 on 10's. This is a 1on1 discussion folks.

My quote above is linked to a thread for discussing the triune topic in a free-for-all. This thread is specifically supposed to stay on the debate.

Stay on topic and task, please.

Amen Brother, I mentioned it before already. I want to see discussion between AMR and God's Truth in the one on one thread, not discussion of the trinity in the grandstands.

Status
Not open for further replies.