Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are saying it was Jesus and they saw him as Jesus.

That is not what the scriptures say.

No I'm not.

I'm saying that it was Jesus, that Jesus has a particular physical description, that description was not altered and that when they looked at him, their accurate perception of Him was restrained, for whatever reason and by whatever means.
In other words, the change was not in Jesus.....the change was in their perception.
Later, after He departed, the restraint was lifted and their perception was clarified so that they then recognized who He was. They didn't suddenly recognize Him because He morphed into a different form.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Has anyone noticed that this thread had turned into a debate thread on the Trinity rather than a discussion of the One-on-One between AMR and God"s Truth?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe the following?

Romans 10:9-10

King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Of course I do but it is not saying anything that you have to believe in the trinity to be saved.

It seems clear that trinity believers are making up their own salvation for sure. Trinity is not Jesus' idea nor His Father's.

JosephR

The word 'Deity' means having the nature of 'GOD'.....one and the same.

ok i was going by this

In religious belief, a deity (Listeni/ˈdiː.ɨti/ or Listeni/ˈdeɪ.ɨti/)[1] is a supernatural being, who may be thought of as holy, divine, or sacred.

God's Truth

No I'm not.

I'm saying that it was Jesus, that Jesus has a particular physical description, that description was not altered and that when they looked at him, their accurate perception of Him was restrained, for whatever reason and by whatever means.
In other words, the change was not in Jesus.....the change was in their perception.
Later, after He departed, the restraint was lifted and their perception was clarified so that they then recognized who He was. They didn't suddenly recognize Him because He morphed into a different form.

They do NOT say they recognized his features, they say their hearts burned within them.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, they don't debate you, because you have proven you do not listen. You don't even accept Paul's teaching....you're outside the faith and there is no reaching you at this point.

I don't accommodate to take your bait to go off the subject.

It is your main tactic to go off because you cannot answer simple and fundamental issues.

God's Truth

GT, in AMR's initial post of the debate, he explained his belief in ONE God, not three.

He explained that he believes in a three-headed God, or even four Gods.

He says there is God, and in God there is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and that they are different and distinct.

There are NOT three different Gods.

There is One God. The three are One and the same.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
ok i was going by this

In religious belief, a deity (Listeni/ˈdiː.ɨti/ or Listeni/ˈdeɪ.ɨti/)[1] is a supernatural being, who may be thought of as holy, divine, or sacred.

Yeah, I understand that popular use of the term, but when one confines one's definition of the word 'Deity' to the scriptures, it is only used of the one true GOD. In the Bible it is not used of just any supernatural being. There is true Deity, the one GOD and there is false Deity, which are not GOD at all.

chairistotle

He says there is God, and in God there is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and that they are different and distinct.

I have three dice. Each are distinct and separate, yet they are all dice. By your logic I can only have one three-headed die.

keypurr

Sorry, gr, but oneness gets no claim to being Christian. Oneness by definition denies the triune nature of the Godhead. This necessarily implies something is amiss when it comes to who Jesus is and who the Holy Spirit is. We either worship the God who is, or we are idolaters. There is no middle ground.

This does not mean a Christian must understand the Trinity at the depths that some others may understand it. The Trinity is not beyond the grasp of any true believer. You cannot read the Scriptures plainly without seeing the Trinity in evidence. Christian reason dictates that when you read Scripture it cannot be teaching that there are three Gods and one God for that would be a contradiction. Thus, this same reason dictates you dig deeper, seek the instruction of your church, review what the church as declared in history, as well as the interpretations of the community of believers, for we worship and interpret in community.

Those that deny the Trinity are to be rightfully considered as outside the faith for they are without excuse for not coming to a proper understanding of the doctrines made clear in Scripture about the very God they claim to worship.

As to the Pinnock reference, it is made to show how the view of one of the fathers of open theism lends itself so easily to Mormonism and Mormon-like notions. Point being, if your views are being hailed by cults, and your group's founders become the cult's co-belligerents, that should give you great pause, if nothing else. Just sayin'. ;)

AMR

So any who disagree with some of our forefathers are out of the faith?
I strongly disagree friend. The trinity doctrine is not expressed by the men who knew Jesus. And Jesus himself disagrees with you also. John 17:3.
If you wish to hold on to the errors of the majority that is your choice, I will follow the master.

Sent from my Nexus 7

fishrovmen

The unexplainable element of the Trinity is not in the makeup of the ONE God, but ,rather, how He is ONE being with three distinct "personages" ?

God's Truth

The unexplainable element of the Trinity is not in the makeup of the ONE God, but ,rather, how He is ONE being with three distinct "personages" ?

The trinity doctrines says they cannot explain how Jesus is God but not the Father who is God.

The trinity doctrine says they cannot explain how Jesus is God but not the Holy Spirit who is God.

I will not believe something just because you say so. Show me how Jesus is God but not the Father who is God.

The trinity doctrine also says that God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit are different and separate.

God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit are not different and separate, they are always together and the same.

Study these scriptures harder: John 16:13-14; John 5:19; John 8:28; John 12:49; and, John 12:50.

Status
Not open for further replies.