Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishrovmen

GT, so you admit, then, a "distinction" between the glory of God and Jesus in that passage, as well as the Holy Spirit indwelling Stephen?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus can appear to us as the way he looked while on earth, or he can look like someone else.

Luke 24:32 They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"

It wasn't the appearance of Jesus which changed, it was the perception of the disciples that was altered so as to not recognize Him.

Luk 24:16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.

holden- kratéō; contracted kratṓ, fut. kratḗsō, from krátos (G2904), strength. To take hold of, grasp, hold fast, followed by the gen. of person meaning to have power over, rule over. In the NT, followed by the gen. of thing or acc. of person or thing.

(I) Followed by the gen. of thing meaning to have power over, to be dominant, or become master of, i.e., to gain, attain to (Act_27:13; Heb_4:14, "let us attain to the full benefit of our profession in Him" [a.t.], equivalent to Heb_6:18; Sept.: Pro_14:18). To take the hand of someone (Mat_9:25; Mar_1:31; Mar_5:41; Luk_8:54; Sept.: Gen_19:16; 2Sa_1:11).
(II) Followed by the acc.:
(A) To have power over, to be or become the master of, which always implies a certain degree of force with which one brings a person or thing wholly under his power, even when resistance is encountered.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Many, but mainly trinity doctrine is not salvation issue, yet, Trinitarians making it such.

Do you believe the following?

Romans 10:9-10

King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

God's Truth

this is a salvation issue? or no?

AMR, and many others say it is a salvation issue. Since they say it is a salvation issue, they will be judged by the measure they use. That is what Jesus says.

Matthew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

AMR and Bright Raven are two that have condemned themselves. Anyone else want to join them?

glorydaz

I said there are three, and the three are One.

Your trinity doctrine says there are three and that the three are separate and different.

If they are separate and different, then there are three Gods and not One.

No, the trinity doctrine states clearly there is one God. You're the one who can't explain verses such as this....while those who know God is triune can plainly understand it.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​

God's Truth

It wasn't the appearance of Jesus which changed, it was the perception of the disciples that was altered so as to not recognize Him.

Luk 24:16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.

holden- kratéō; contracted kratṓ, fut. kratḗsō, from krátos (G2904), strength. To take hold of, grasp, hold fast, followed by the gen. of person meaning to have power over, rule over. In the NT, followed by the gen. of thing or acc. of person or thing.

(I) Followed by the gen. of thing meaning to have power over, to be dominant, or become master of, i.e., to gain, attain to (Act_27:13; Heb_4:14, "let us attain to the full benefit of our profession in Him" [a.t.], equivalent to Heb_6:18; Sept.: Pro_14:18). To take the hand of someone (Mat_9:25; Mar_1:31; Mar_5:41; Luk_8:54; Sept.: Gen_19:16; 2Sa_1:11).
(II) Followed by the acc.:
(A) To have power over, to be or become the master of, which always implies a certain degree of force with which one brings a person or thing wholly under his power, even when resistance is encountered.

They did not recognize Jesus because he looks like someone else.

JosephR

No, the trinity doctrine states clearly there is one God. You're the one who can't explain verses such as this....while those who know God is triune can plainly understand it.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​

I am sorry but I dont get it either... God will send himself as a spirit in Jesus"His" name.... ok
Jesus prays to himself,speaks of the Father.Tells us to Pray to the Father...wouldn't Satan know who he is, why would Satan tempt God who could create another world so why offer him the Earth? I mean Satan talked to God directly in Job...

Jesus is our Lord and Savior I get, Behold this is my Son in whom I am well pleased I get..this Godhead trinity I do not..

God's Truth

No, the trinity doctrine states clearly there is one God.
The trinity doctrine says there is one God, the Father, another God the Son, and another God the Holy Spirit.
You're the one who can't explain verses such as this....while those who know God is triune can plainly understand it.
The trinity doctrine SAYS their doctrine is UNEXPLAINABLE.
The Holy Spirit is the same as Jesus. In fact, the Holy Spirit takes from what is Jesus’.

John 16:14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
The disciples will know the Holy Spirit when it comes, because the Holy Spirit has been living with them! Jesus has been living with them.
John 14:17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Status
Not open for further replies.