Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

His Spiritual body is NOT the same physical body that walked on earth. Jesus walked on earth in a human body. When we have our new bodies at the resurrection, we will be given a body like his. If our bodies will be exactly as they are now, then we would not be told that what we will be is not known.

1 John 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

There are three, and the three are all the same God.

Three what?

God's Truth

GT, in Acts 7:55 I see mention of the Holy Spirit, God, and Jesus. I am trinitarian in belief. I wanted to know what YOU believe about the three mentioned, and their relationship to one another.

You did not answer my question.

Acts 7:55 But, full of the Holy Spirit and looking up to Heaven, Stephen saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at God's right hand.

Do you think Stephen saw God, and Jesus standing next to a man?

What do you think the glory of God is?

mmstroud

Silver Member
Silver Subscriber
You accept the trinity doctrine even though it says it is unexplainable. If you cannot explain it, then you cannot defend it!

No, I accept that I am a creature and God is God. I can understand him in as much as he has revealed himself to us in Scripture, the creation itself, and through the witness of the Holy Spirit. The Chalcedonian Definition is a great way to begin to understand the Trinity by defining what it is not. If you are bold enough to think you have God all figured out, then you have a much larger problem than simply not believing in the Trinity.

The points I made weren't in defense of the doctrine of the Trinity. My points were to show how you logically arrived at a heretical doctrine. And to point out that you have not engaged in a debate by throwing out a bunch of verses. I didn't see where you explained any of them and how they made your point.

fishrovmen

GT, your getting a reputation for not answering other people's questions. I do not believe that God the Father is a "man", the text makes no mention of this. Now ,what do YOU believe?

God's Truth

No, I accept that I am a creature and God is God. I can understand him in as much as he has revealed himself to us in Scripture, the creation itself, and through the witness of the Holy Spirit. The Chalcedonian Definition is a great way to begin to understand the Trinity by defining what it is not. If you are bold enough to think you have God all figured out, then you have a much larger problem than simply not believing in the Trinity.

The points I made weren't in defense of the doctrine of the Trinity. My points were to show how you logically arrived at a heretical doctrine. And to point out that you have not engaged in a debate by throwing out a bunch of verses. I didn't see where you explained any of them and how they made your point.

You speak nonsense. You just happen to choose some man's teaching that you liked best, which you cannot even understand or explain.

glorydaz

I have explained to you many times in other threads that I am not a Oneness/Modalist. Modalists do not believe that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit exist at the same time. I know that they do exist at the same time.

It could be taken as admirable that you are in your own way trying to defend me. However, more accuracy on your part is something you should strive to do. In addition, please do not try to belittle my beliefs, and do not try to stop conversation on the truth about God and Jesus.

"They" means more than one. The Father is one, the Son (Word) is one, and the Spirit is one. THEY are the ONE God.

God's Truth

"They" means more than one. The Father is one, the Son (Word) is one, and the Spirit is one. THEY are the ONE God.

I said there are three, and the three are One.

Your trinity doctrine says there are three and that the three are separate and different.

If they are separate and different, then there are three Gods and not One.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is strange that AMR picked GT to debate trinity who is not a good non-trin.

GT has been arguing against many non-trins to push his ideas.

I am not with most non-trins about their Christianity, but trinity case, I am with most of them. I am just more practical non-trin than many non-trins. I am basically with them.

God's Truth

It is strange that AMR picked GT to debate trinity who is not a good non-trin.

GT has been arguing against many non-trins to push his ideas.

I am not with most non-trins about their Christianity, but trinity case, I am with most of them. I am just more practical non-trin than many non-trins. I am basically with them.

You are a phony.

glorydaz

I think AMR took a wrong turn by trying to tie GT's beliefs to Mormonism. I have heard the theory that the image of God was the first thing to be created, and that the pre-incarnate eternal Christ inhabited this image of God and thus literally qualifies as being the firstborn of creation (while still maintaining His eternal attributes), and it was this image that the physical likeness of man was patterned after.

Don't know that I buy it, but I really don't see anything in the above paragraph that would be outside the pale of what is considered mainstream Christianity.

It's far outside the pale of the Truth as presented in Scripture. The Word who became flesh was not created....much less the first thing (image) created.

Isaiah 43:10
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 48:12
Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I said there are three, and the three are One.

Your trinity doctrine says there are three and that the three are separate and different.

If they are separate and different, then there are three Gods and not One.

No, Trinitarian doctrine does not teach separate beings, but only one Being who is GOD by nature. It does teach 'personal' distinctions but not separate being, substance or essence.

You betray, by your affirmations, your ignorance of what Trinitarians actually believe.

Nicene Creed

"I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.

Who, for us men for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary, and was made man; and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate; He suffered and was buried; and the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; and ascended into heaven, and sits on the right hand of the Father; and He shall come again, with glory, to judge the quick and the dead; whose kingdom shall have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of Life; who proceeds from the Father [and the Son]; who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets.

And I believe one holy catholic and apostolic Church. I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; and I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen."

Chalcedonian Creed

"We, then, following the holy Fathers, all with one consent, teach men to confess one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, the same perfect in Godhead and also perfect in manhood; truly God and truly man, of a reasonable [rational] soul and body; consubstantial [co-essential] with the Father according to the Godhead, and consubstantial with us according to the Manhood; in all things like unto us, without sin; begotten before all ages of the Father according to the Godhead, and in these latter days, for us and for our salvation, born of the Virgin Mary, the Mother of God, according to the Manhood; one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, only begotten, to be acknowledged in two natures, inconfusedly, unchangeably, indivisibly, inseparably; the distinction of natures being by no means taken away by the union, but rather the property of each nature being preserved, and concurring in one Person and one Subsistence, not parted or divided into two persons, but one and the same Son, and only begotten, God the Word, the Lord Jesus Christ; as the prophets from the beginning [have declared] concerning Him, and the Lord Jesus Christ Himself has taught us, and the Creed of the holy Fathers has handed down to us."

Status
Not open for further replies.