Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

No, you confuse nature and personal distinction as usual. Only the Word/Logos/Son became flesh, not the Father, not the Holy Spirit (Jn. 1; Phil. 2; Col. 1).

Trins say God became flesh. See your fellow trins' posts.

Since your version of God consists of Father and Son and Holy Spirit, not just one or two of those, then logically and reasonably,

all three became flesh

That is your doctrine not mine.

No reason to get feisty with me, it is your doctrine.

keypurr

Jesus was God, the founder of Christianity. He was in right relationship with God, disciples, other believers. He is not an excuse to disagree with Paul and the Spirit on the importance of local church fellowship, etc.

GT arguing about Luther, Wesley, etc. being Lone Ranger is also not valid since they were part of churches and encourage fellowship, not isolation like you and GT.

If that is what you wish to think it is OK with me, but your wrong. There is only one true God and Jesus has one. Your understanding is flawed my friend. When churches only teaches half the truth it is time to get out on your own.

Being a Lone Ranger is the ONLY WAY.

God's Truth

Jesus was God, the founder of Christianity. He was in right relationship with God, disciples, other believers. He is not an excuse to disagree with Paul and the Spirit on the importance of local church fellowship, etc.

GT arguing about Luther, Wesley, etc. being Lone Ranger is also not valid since they were part of churches and encourage fellowship, not isolation like you and GT.

What does it matter if I am alone here in my beliefs? I prove from the scriptures that what I say is in the Bible.

God's Truth

So then when Jesus showed his disciples how to pray

"Our Father, who art in heaven,....."

the Father was not really in heaven? He was a human on earth?

God came to earth as a Son of Man, yet He also remained in heaven living in unapproachable light.

God's Truth

Not according to I Corinthians 8:6
That scripture proves they are the exact same.

Jesus is the visible of the invisible God, even before the creation of anything. God the Father made EVERYTHING that was ever made...He made it THROUGH JESUS, FOR JESUS, and BY JESUS.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Trins say God became flesh. See your fellow trins' posts.

Since your version of God consists of Father and Son and Holy Spirit, not just one or two of those, then logically and reasonably,

all three became flesh

That is your doctrine not mine.

No reason to get feisty with me, it is your doctrine.

Col. 2:9 does not say the trinity incarnated. It is not my doctrine, but your straw man version of it. You confuse nature and person like all anti-trin.

The creeds and trinitarians have always said that the Son/Logos/Word alone incarnated (Jn. 1; Phil. 2). The Father was in heaven, the Spirit appeared as a dove, the Son alone was on earth in flesh. He was fully God, but that does not mean He is the Father and Holy Spirit (that is modalism, not trinitarianism).

You have no credibility. Go away.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
What does it matter if I am alone here in my beliefs? I prove from the scriptures that what I say is in the Bible.

AMR just schooled you again. You are way over your head.

Spirit vs spirit depends on context. Your few Oneness proof texts lead to contradiction the way you interpret them in light of other verses. You find isolated verses and misinterpret them while you ignore the plain meaning of dozens of others that you cannot quote to support your view.

Everyone else can see you are wrong. You are self-deluded. The odds of you alone being right with every other believer in 2000 years being wrong is zilch. Talk about arrogant ignorance.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are really not alone in your peculiar views, as godrulz is trying to point out to you, GT.

You think your slight twists here and there set you apart from all other groups that deny the Trinity, but you actually mimick some of these groups views quite nicely. You do not realize this because you are just not that well aquainted with the views of these groups.

AMR

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Luke 3:21-22 disputes you there:

21 When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. 22 And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

The scriptures do not dispute me.

Luke 3:21-22 is about the Holy Spirit coming on Jesus with power, for his earthly ministry. God the Father in heaven testifies about His Son.

How do you think that disproves what I said?

Break down luke 3:21-22 and explain how Christ was on earth and in heaven at the same time and why you believe Christ was calling himself his own son and what you believe the Holy Spirit is in that verse. (since you believe them all one person only)

Thanks

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Break down luke 3:21-22 and explain how Christ was on earth and in heaven at the same time and why you believe Christ was calling himself his own son and what you believe the Holy Spirit is in that verse. (since you believe them all one person only)

Thanks

Oh and how Christ saw Himself as the Holy Spirit descending on Himself there also in addition to speaking to Himself and calling Himself His own Son and telling Himself how proud He was of Himself.. and why you think all that was happening - for what purpose since you claim all 3 are Christ/one person, thanks

God's Truth

Thanks

Because God came as a Son, yet still lives in unapproachable light in heaven, and His Spirit can come down at anytime on anyone He chooses.

God's Truth

Oh and how Christ saw Himself as the Holy Spirit descending on Himself there also in addition to speaking to Himself and calling Himself His own Son and telling Himself how proud He was of Himself.. and why you think all that was happening - for what purpose since you claim all 3 are Christ/one person, thanks

What don't you get about God coming as a man?

Status
Not open for further replies.