Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
To deny or debate against Christian theologians; especially on the subject of the Divine Trinity, one should know the language that has been used by Orthodox Church fathers who have already debated and settled these doctrinal truths.

IOW's it appears you do not know what you are talking about, and are arguing against truths you have never studied.

That is quite pathetic and you should be a bit embarrassed to admit such theological ignorance.

You are not standing before a Sunday School class of young naive children. You have opened yourself up to the scrutiny of many learned and mature Christians and serious biblical students . . . If you are unable to speak to all of us on a higher level, give it up . . . for so far, you have not impressed us.

Nang

God's Truth

The point is that you said we cannot tell if someone is saved or not if we do not know their gender. I refuted your vapid argument.

I did not say what you say I did.

I think that it is pathetic that people think that they can say Jesus did not save me, yet they do not even know what gender I am.

I have a powerful testimony. Jesus Christ himself saved me.

God's Truth

No, you already did that,

You are wrong. You picked a post where I was DEFENDING myself from another poster. I can defend myself.

with the claim that he needed help, there is always a discussion thread that accompanies a one on one, this is no new thing.

No one said it was a new thing. You got yourself in on a conversation that you know nothing about, so you just came on and started personally attacking.

God's Truth

To deny or debate against Christian theologians; especially on the subject of the Divine Trinity, one should know the language that has been used by Orthodox Church fathers who have already debated and settled these doctrinal truths.

IOW's it appears you do not know what you are talking about, and are arguing against truths you have never studied.

That is quite pathetic and you should be a bit embarrassed to admit such theological ignorance.

You are not standing before a Sunday School class. You have opened yourself up to the scrutiny of many learned and mature Christians and serious biblical students . . . If you are unable to speak to all of us on a higher level, give it up . . . for so far, you have not impressed us.

Nang

Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

Oh how I love the Word of God.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

Oh how I love the Word of God.

Sounds like you think TOL should be kept dumbed down.

Let's make AMR the teacher of the Adult Sunday School class at TOL.

We can all be edified and mature in the truths of God, as we should, with good Trinitarian teaching.

God's Truth

Sounds like you think TOL should be kept dumbed down.

Let's make AMR the teacher of the Adult Sunday School class at TOL.

We can all be edified and mature in the truths of God, as we should, with good Trinitarian teaching.

You say this to the scripture I gave where Jesus says the truth is hid from the wise and learned. You put down what Jesus says and you exalt AMR.

fishrovmen

It seems as though AMR's explanations are too deep for GT, who seems to be looking for summations and conclusions without the supporting Scripture. I believe that I have seen the unwillingness of GT to take the time to even read what was offered once before?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I did not say what you say I did.

I think that it is pathetic that people think that they can say Jesus did not save me, yet they do not even know what gender I am.

I have a powerful testimony. Jesus Christ himself saved me.

I believe this, but your wording is still problematic and diversionary.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You say this to the scripture I gave where Jesus says the truth is hid from the wise and learned. You put down what Jesus says and you exalt AMR.

Seriously? You did not respond to hardly anything. You whined about 'essence' not being in the Bible, though the concept is. Then you came up with a simple conclusion that AMR agrees with about Jn. 4:24 and essence. I have told you this over and over.

There are endless concepts and explanations in Scripture that are true that do not use our explicit words in English. Using your logic, nothing you say is valid because it is not in a proof text or not in Hebrew or Greek.

You are not being reasonable, just dodging.

The word millennium or theocracy is not in our English Bible, but the concepts are. Using your logic, millennium is too difficult a word, not in the Bible, so the truth must not be there (but 1000 years is, the equivalent).

:madmad::cow:

Lon

:doh:

Luke 10:21 In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.
Not your things, the things Jesus just spoke about.

Luke 10:9 Heal the sick in it and say to them, 'The kingdom of God has come near to you.'

Luke 10:20
Nevertheless...rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

Luke 10:22
All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Jn. 4:24 is a statement about God's essence, being, substance, nature. God is spirit, not matter, not rock, not dog, not man, not tree, not candy, not water, etc.

Ontology, metaphysics, being, essence, etc. may not be words in all English Bibles, but the concepts are germane and necessary to this discussion. Anti-intellectualism and simplistic thinking (simple is fine, but not simpleton) often goes with deception and deadly error. Jesus and Paul were not dummies.

If medicine merits a technical vocabulary, how much more does theology, philosophy, etc.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jn. 4:24 is a statement about God's essence, being, substance, nature. God is spirit, not matter, not rock, not dog, not man, not tree, not candy, not water, etc.

Ontology, metaphysics, being, essence, etc. may not be words in all English Bibles, but the concepts are germane and necessary to this discussion. Anti-intellectualism and simplistic thinking (simple is fine, but not simpleton) often goes with deception and deadly error. Jesus and Paul were not dummies.

If medicine merits a technical vocabulary, how much more does theology, philosophy, etc.

"Yeah, but what I dunna doh tell Alfalfa?"- Buckwheat

God's Truth

Your put downs mean nothing. You go against the truth in all ways.

The scripture says God is Spirit. Can you stop saying God is essence and speak what the scriptures say?

AMR went against me for saying the essence of God is Spirit. Why don’t you correct him? Why do you think he is so wise for going against the truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.