Battle Royale IX ideas....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimiel

Allright, maybe that's a better topic for Inquisitor and Ya'nar #1 or GeraldUK: "What defines a Christian? What do Christians agree on?"

PureX

Face it, Aimiel, your religion promotes the illusion of absolute righteousness. Every Christian thinks he knows what's absolutely right and that every other 'supposed' Christians is absolutely wrong if he dares to disagree. You'd be hard pressed to find two of you that wouldn't each be condemning the other to hell five minutes after the discussion opened. The only thing Christians really agree on is that they're more righteous than everyone else. But as soon as everyone else leaves the room, then they're at each other's throats.

Aimiel

PureX said:
Face it, Aimiel, your religion promotes the illusion of absolute righteousness. Every Christian thinks he knows what's absolutely right and that every other 'supposed' Christians is absolutely wrong if he dares to disagree. You'd be hard pressed to find two of you that wouldn't each be condemning the other to hell five minutes after the discussion opened. The only thing Christians really agree on is that they're more righteous than everyone else. But as soon as everyone else leaves the room, then they're at each other's throats.
Oh, admittedly, the majority (or at least IMHO) of Christians don't study and learn the truth nearly as much as they ought to. There's more to learn than just that God loves every soul that lives and wants to see them saved by The Blood of His Dear Son. Too many Christians don't discern The Body and The Blood of Jesus. They don't realize that by backbiting their fellow Christians, they're biting The Back of The Lord. If they did, there'd be a whole lot less 'in-fighting' than there currently is.

SOTK

PureX said:

Come on, PureX, you know that's not the case. That may happen here from time to time, but it hardly occurs in reality. Your overgeneralizations sure get old.

Justin (Wiccan)

SOTK said:
Come on, PureX, you know that's not the case. That may happen here from time to time, but it hardly occurs in reality. Your overgeneralizations sure get old.

Eh ... it's an overgeneralization, and an exaggeration, to be sure ... but it's not without a core of truth. Look at the schismatic history of the Protestants.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Rafael Almeida said:
I have an idea:
What about Christian theism vs. pantheism
If someone could talk Jim Hilston into arguing the Christian theism side, I think that this would be a terrific topic.

C

cattyfan

with time running short between now and Battle X, perhaps we should take on something light and easy..."grass versus turf" or "heels vesus flats" or "wearing white after Labor Day" or something.

C

cattyfan

"frozen versus on-the-rocks"..."regular versus light" (BillyBob could actually represent both sides of this for maximum speed in getting Battle IX done.)

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
cattyfan said:
"frozen versus on-the-rocks"..."regular versus light" (BillyBob could actually represent both sides of this for maximum speed in getting Battle IX done.)

He could drink a round between each round. Keep switching between regular and light and tell us why each one is better than the last.

:cheers:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sigh. I've failed. I cannot find a degreed person that wants to argue the positive of the statement "radiometric dating is reliable".

Sorry.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yorzhik said:
Sigh. I've failed. I cannot find a degreed person that wants to argue the positive of the statement "radiometric dating is reliable".

Sorry.
The Phy wanted no part of it anyway. :(

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yorzhik said:

Sorry.
Battle Royale IX recruiting aside... That's a good thing!

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've asked the geological departs of some universities (Michigan, Nova Scotia, and California), I've asked some people that put their ideas on the internet, and I've asked ThePhy and aharvey. If they don't write back to refuse, they don't write back.

Catatumba

Yorzhik said:
I've asked the geological departs of some universities (Michigan, Nova Scotia, and California), I've asked some people that put their ideas on the internet, and I've asked ThePhy and aharvey. If they don't write back to refuse, they don't write back.
I took a look at that battle royale about God existing...
Hans Kung wrote it first; oh, and The Hebrew God does not exist...
The Hebrew God Is.
A new something or another must be proposed, before somebody dies of boredom. :help:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yorzhik said:
Johnny, have you ever considered a Battle Royal? Would you like to take on Do-While Jones on this topic?

Johnny said:
I would love to do a battle royal, but it'd have to be planned around my schedule as it is very demanding while I am in school. (Not to sound selfish, but that's the only way I'd ever have time to take part).

Servant101

Knight said:
So...... it's been over a year since Bob Enyart participated in BR VII and its been several months since BR VIII, I think its time for new battle!

I want to see if Bob Enyart will be so kind as to take on another Battle Royale.

Here are the ideas I am going to present to Bob as two possible battles:

A. Bob Enyart vs. Jim Hilston.
Is the future open for God?

B. Bob vs. Zakath.
Is the Bible the word of God?

Thoughts????

I like choice B - Zakath and Bob, but I would have them debate what is a responsible exegesis of the Scripture - even words like Scripture - are Scriptures only in closed books - who closed the bible and how did they decide what was included or not included - who's idea was it to have a Book like every other religion and a Clergy just like every other religion?

mmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.