Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grandstand discussion: "Ghost's Views on The Nature of Christ"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by voltaire View Post
    Romans 5 says all who are in adam are condemned. 1 Corinthians 15 say all who are in adam die. The 2 nature crowd insists that Jesus was fully man in every conceivable way. If that is true then romans 5 and 1 corinthians 15 applies to Jesus as well and Jesus was born condemned and was appointed to die as all men are.
    Physical death/depravity is genetic, but it is not moral. Sinners, redeemed saints, sinless Jesus all die physically secondary to the Fall.

    Moral depravity is volitional, not genetic. Jesus is sinless and lacks moral depravity, unlike all of us.

    You beg the question assuming your interpretation of Rom. 5 is infallible and that 'original sin' is truth, not tradition. The perfect humanity of Jesus is another matter distinct from moral depravity. The virgin conception relates to Deity becoming man, not the impeccability/sinlessness of Christ.
    Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

    They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
    I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

    Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

    "No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

    The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

    Comment


    • I find it amusing (?) that ghost is yelling at AMR to get to the point of the One on One while he refuses to engage the point of the One on One by posting biblical reasons for why he denies the two natures of Christ.

      Nang
      "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

      " The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
      Gordon H. Clark

      "If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
      Charles Spurgeon

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Nang View Post
        I find it amusing (?) that ghost is yelling at AMR to get to the point of the One on One while he refuses to engage the point of the One on One by posting biblical reasons for why he denies the two natures of Christ.

        Nang
        What the hell are you talking about? The onus is on AMR to prove that I teach Docetism. He is to provide Biblical text and ask me questions regarding that text. He is not supposed to be telling us what he believes. He is supposed to proving what he claims I believe. I responded to the text, and to his questions about that very same text. All AMR has done is attempt to tell us what his views are, and critique my communication skills that don't meet his standards.

        This is supposed to be a discussion, not me trying to defend what i believe by writing a thesis on the subject. So, you can stop with your lies, deception, and acts of witchcraft.

        Comment


        • Physical death/depravity is
          genetic, but it is not moral.
          Sinners, redeemed saints,
          sinless Jesus all die
          physically secondary to the
          Fall.
          Moral depravity is
          volitional, not genetic.
          Jesus is sinless and lacks
          moral depravity, unlike all
          of us.
          You beg the question
          assuming your
          interpretation of Rom. 5 is
          infallible and that 'original
          sin' is truth, not tradition.
          The perfect humanity of
          Jesus is another matter
          distinct from moral
          depravity. The virgin
          conception relates to Deity
          becoming man, not the
          impeccability/sinlessness
          of Christ.-----godrulz. How does this aimless rambling essay even come close to refuting a single point I made?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by voltaire View Post
            -----godrulz. How does this aimless rambling essay even come close to refuting a single point I made?
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ybp_YFo7I
            Originally posted by Interplanner
            They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
            Originally posted by Interplanner
            You're too literal to get it.
            Originally posted by Interplanner
            The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

            Comment



            • Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion
              Ghost, as a self-professed teacher of Scripture, do you believe that exegesis requires those of us that teach Scripture possess a sound knowledge and consideration of the underlying ancient Biblical languages?



              Originally Posted by Ghost: No




              Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion
              Ghost, do you believe that when one is engaged in a formal theological discussion, such as this one-on-one, that proper exegesis is an essential aspect to make one’s points clear and to illuminate the Scripture being discussed?



              Originally Posted by Ghost: No




              Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion
              Ghost, perhaps you think formal exegesis is interpreting English translations only? Why? If so, then which English translation should we all be using?



              Originally Posted by Ghost: Which Greek translation should we all be using?

              If all this other crap is what you wanted to debate, then perhaps you should have not have switched it to Apollinarianism.




              Hmmm.. It appears as though Ghost does not believe that a person needs to have sound knowledge of biblical principles to either teach the bible or to hold a discussion with people about the meaning of the bible. This is either a very concerning attitude on Ghost's part or its just Ghost being flippant. I am guessing it is the latter. Ghost has a tendency to become very flippant with people he does not care for and this seems to be the case here.
              Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

              But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

              What are my fruits today?

              Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

              "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
                Hmmm.. It appears as though Ghost does not believe that a person needs to have sound knowledge of biblical principles to either teach the bible or to hold a discussion with people about the meaning of the bible.
                It appears that you cannot read, and are in fact a liar and a slanderer. I never implied or said anything close to your false accusation.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by voltaire View Post
                  If everyone agrees that nature does not entail physical characteristicss then ghost is a monophysite. So am I. What is wrong with that?
                  Would you please elaborate on your particular understanding on the nature of Christ?

                  Peace,
                  Rick

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ghost View Post
                    It appears that you cannot read, and are in fact a liar and a slanderer. I never implied or said anything close to your false accusation.
                    So it wasn't you that typed "no" to the questions AMR asked you? Wow. You must have a Ghost writer working for you.
                    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

                    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

                    What are my fruits today?

                    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

                    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
                      So it wasn't you that typed "no" to the questions AMR asked you? Wow. You must have a Ghost writer working for you.
                      In mho...people's intents can be misconstrued.

                      I don't believe Jesus had two nature's either....and, I also do not believe you have to interpret the bible knowing greek.

                      Languages and words..words and languages...a word does not change meanings; due to it being in a different language; and this is what Ghost is meaning, in mho..and, I agree with that concept.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by graceandpeace View Post
                        In mho...people's intents can be misconstrued.

                        I don't believe Jesus had two nature's either....and, I also do not believe you have to interpret the bible knowing greek.

                        Languages and words..words and languages...a word does not change meanings; due to it being in a different language; and this is what Ghost is meaning, in mho..and, I agree with that concept.
                        But sometimes words are mis-translated. In the KJV a word was translated as "slave" and that single translation led slavery as we had it in the US. The word should have been translated as "bond-servant" which is completely different than slavery. That is why it is important to know some history and some original language.
                        Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

                        But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

                        What are my fruits today?

                        Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

                        "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
                          But sometimes words are mis-translated. In the KJV a word was translated as "slave" and that single translation led slavery as we had it in the US. The word should have been translated as "bond-servant" which is completely different than slavery. That is why it is important to know some history and some original language.

                          how is the word 'slave' different than the analogy of a 'bond servant'?

                          A bond servant is a slave...but, the point I was trying to make is not in comparing translations; but that a word does not change meaning from one language to another. If you say a sentence in any language; it still says the same thing.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
                            So it wasn't you that typed "no" to the questions AMR asked you? Wow. You must have a Ghost writer working for you.
                            I didn't say "no" to the things you said I did. You are a liar. Plain and simple.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by graceandpeace View Post
                              how is the word 'slave' different than the analogy of a 'bond servant'?

                              A bond servant is a slave...but, the point I was trying to make is not in comparing translations; but that a word does not change meaning from one language to another. If you say a sentence in any language; it still says the same thing.

                              No, it is not the same. A slave is an unwilling arrangement. I take you prisoner and force you to work for me. A bond servant at the time of Christ was a person who sold themselves into bondage to a family. They were frequently trusted with raising the children and managing the finances of their owner.

                              The other problem you run into is that some words in one language do not have direct translations into a different language. A few years ago VW had an ad campaign built on the word "farfugnugen" (I have no idea if that is spelled correctly). There is no English translation for that word, instead, it is translated based on the context and the feeling the word conveys in German. Languages are never ever translate as word for word. In Greek there are four words used to convey the emotion of love. The four words convey different intensity of the emotion. In English we have one word.
                              Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

                              But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

                              What are my fruits today?

                              Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

                              "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ghost View Post
                                I didn't say "no" to the things you said I did. You are a liar. Plain and simple.
                                No more so than you. Each and every time you respond to a line or a phrase from a poster and ignore the rest of the post you are guilty of what you accuse me (and others) of.
                                Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

                                But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

                                What are my fruits today?

                                Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

                                "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X