Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: whoa nelly

Re: whoa nelly

Originally posted by add yasaf

PLUS, I was referring more to Lion's post, which made it glaringly obvious that he/she doesn't know [Hebrew].
So what?

add yasaf

huh

huh

Turbo quote - So what?

You obviously were not following Lion and myself in our debating. He was tryig to make an argument, to which the Hebrew in the verse was directly applicable, and his argument didn't hold because of his lack of Hebrew knowledge.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Add,
I was following the argument. If you said you didn't want to nominate Lion because you don't think he makes good arguments, fine. But you said, "Based on... the fact that he/she doesn't know Hebrew, I definitely don't nominate Lion!"

I just think that is a bizarre criterium. But whatever.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: huh

Re: huh

Turbo quote - So what?

You obviously were not following Lion and myself in our debating. He was tryig to make an argument, to which the Hebrew in the verse was directly applicable, and his argument didn't hold because of his lack of Hebrew knowledge.
Actually Lion refuted your point perfectly.

Me thinks you have loads of wax in your ears. :D

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought it was peculiar that Add just told Lion "you're wrong" without offering a correction. :think:

Last edited:

add yasaf

who the?

who the?

Knight quote - Actually Lion refuted your point perfectly.

Me thinks you have loads of wax in your ears.

He did??? Where??

Turbo quote - I thought it was peculiliar that Add just told Lion "you're wrong" without offering a correction.

I did offer my correction. And it was that "shamayim" can mean heaven or heavens or sky or skies, and it must be determined by the context. And in Genesis 1 the context is about the sky and the land.

Are you sure you are reading the right debate??

LightSon

I second that

I second that

Now if I were to go outside the site here, my pick would be Greg Boyd.
Sure. ;) Let's get Boyd. Anybody got his phone number?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Knight,

Boyd would be ideal but I suspect that getting him is a long shot at best so what are the chances of get Bob Enyart to take up the Open Theism side of the debate. I know he's a busy guy but at least he'd get yet another peice of brilliant liturature to sell!

Clete

Wild Child

BANNED
Banned
What about Billybob vs. Tye Porter?

I am new, but there seems to be some material there for a good battle.

Or do you, Knight, think it would be nothing more than insults and name-calling?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Wild Child

What about Billybob vs. Tye Porter?

I am new, but there seems to be some material there for a good battle.

Or do you, Knight, think it would be nothing more than insults and name-calling?
Rarely do I speak for Knight but I'm pretty sure he would say:

:darwinsm:

(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Knight)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: update

Re: update

What is the update on this battle? It seems like the process has stalled.
Still working on it.... and waiting to hear from IYGTTUAS regarding a possible combatant he knows.

Jerry Shugart

Bob Enyart teaches that the Jews were saved by "faith" plus "works".

They call themselves "dispensationalists",but their teaching is the greatest assult on the dispensational method today!Over and over I am confronted by non-dispensationalists who say that they reject dispensationalism because dispensationalists teach that some men are saved in different ways than other men.

Those who follow Bob Enyart should take this opportunity to clear up whether or not the Jews were saved by "faith" plus "works".If they think that they can prove their teaching from the Scriptures then at least one of them should accept my challenge.

This is a perfect subject for the "Battle Royale Center Ring".

Any takers?

In His grace,--Jerry

Mr Potato Head

Still working on it.... and waiting to hear from IYGTTUAS regarding a possible combatant he knows.

Knight,
If you want IYGTTUAS' instant messenger name i would gladly give it to you.

He says a virus deleted his correspondences with this "big shot." He started complaining but he apparently forgot the will of God in this matter. :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.