Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Dee Dee Warren

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dee Dee Warren

For those of you tuning into this discussion, I have already asked and answered Jerry's question and for the laundry list of items that he is evading, please see post number ten in the Battle Royale.

Also since Jerry is so needy for a spanking, I will gladly oblige him in the Back Alley. However, I have more important things grabbing my attention right now than giving Jerry a whupping, so that will have to wait.

Jerry Shugart

JackS,

I notice that it didn´t bother you at all when Dee Dee repeatedly questioned my honesty.

Where were you then,big boy?

And if Dee Dee wouldn´t say idiotic things,then I would not accuse her of being an idiot.

And her words are about as idiotic as anything I have ever heard.

In regard to the prophecy of Zechariah that show the Lord fighting against the enemies who come against Jerusalem,we read the following words:

"And it shall come to pass,in that day,that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem"(Zech.12:9).

Dee Dee has the gall to say that the Lord Jesus allowed Jerusalem to be defeated by Rome and in that way He destroyed all the nations that came against Jerusalem.

That is completely 100% idiotic.And therefore the one who would dare make such an idiotic statement must be a complete IDIOT!

You defend Dee Dee all you want,but I will defend the word of God.It does not deserve that kind of contempt heaped on it.

It only proves that Dee Dee has no respect for the Holy Scriptures when they are in disagreement with her lame ideas.

In His grace,--Jerry

JackS

Jerry .
In His Grace..... the grace that has been extended to you, should it also not be extended to others?

Jerry , Dee Dee let go and move on. Find new fish to fry. Neither of you is going to move, what point is there in further discussion?

I really feel this debate has done more harm then good. I place that blame firmly on the shoulders of the man in the debate. For it was Jerry's Biblical responsiblilty to treat Dee Dee as the weaker sex and he has not done so.

Many of you may think that I just made sexist remarks, the words I just wrote are in the Bible, if you have trouble with them take it up with God.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Thank you Jack for being a godly man.

I am willing to let it drop if Jerry is. I was willing to let it drop once the Debate was over. However, if Jerry continues to pursue me, I will defend myself, not to change his mind, as it is obvious that is not going to happen (neither is mine) but to defend what I sincerely believe is Biblical truth. We had our day in the sun, and now I agree it is time to let the dust settle and move on. It's Jerry's move.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Chivato1969

Shame on you Jerry, you have made a complete donkey of yourself with your namecalling. I have been uncomfortable with this whole idea of Christians publicly debating like this from the get-go and your behavior has confirmed why. You obviously have a personal dislike for her and that is a shame for you are both brother and sister and Christ.
Uh... in all fairness to Jerry it wasn't him who started the name calling.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Hey Knight... I am curious as to exactly what you are talking about. Please show me where I called Jerry a "name" first. In fact, I tried hard not to call Jerry any "names" during this Battle, and would like you to show me where I did.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by JackS
Jerry .
In His Grace..... the grace that has been extended to you, should it also not be extended to others?

Jerry , Dee Dee let go and move on. Find new fish to fry. Neither of you is going to move, what point is there in further discussion?

I really feel this debate has done more harm then good. I place that blame firmly on the shoulders of the man in the debate. For it was Jerry's Biblical responsiblilty to treat Dee Dee as the weaker sex and he has not done so.

Many of you may think that I just made sexist remarks, the words I just wrote are in the Bible, if you have trouble with them take it up with God.
Oh brother! I have really had about enough of the "preterist's posse".

No group talks more trash and is more overbearing than the preterists but when a little trash is talked back they all start crying!

Are you seriously gonna pull out the ol' "she is just a girl be nice to her" bit??? That is just down right offensive!

If the truth be told it was Dee Dee who started talking "smack" to Jerry and she knows it. Sadly it doesn't seem the preterist's can take any of their own medicine.

C

cirisme

I don't really like the tone that was taken in the debates. :nono:

(EDIT: nevermind)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren
Hey Knight... I am curious as to exactly what you are talking about. Please show me where I called Jerry a "name" first. In fact, I tried hard not to call Jerry any "names" during this Battle, and would like you to show me where I did.
Dee Dee your unreal!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your so vein you probably think this thread is about you....

Your so vein you probably think this thread is about you....

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren

Dee Dee, I never said you called Jerry a name on this thread...

What I was saying was that Jerry was responding to the following post made by Hitch...
Originally posted by Hitch
Jello is a derivitive of animal products. But it doesnt compare to meat. DeeDee turned Jerry into jello.

HITCH

Jerry Shugart

Gather out ALL THINGS THAT OFFEND

Gather out ALL THINGS THAT OFFEND

JackS,

I am willing to cease from labeling Dee Dee as an idiot if Dee Dee and her followers will cease from branding me as being "dishonest".

And I am not "pursing Dee Dee".I will no longer address her but I will examine her answers to the questions I have previously raised.She can do whatever she likes.

The following is Dee Dee´s answer to the parable of the "tares and wheat":

"Now back to the Kingdom parables. Jerry gets really excited because Jesus says that the field is “world” (Greek – cosmos). The entire context of the Book of Matthew is impending and rapidly approaching judgment upon the apostate Jews, and the kingdom parables cannot be wrested out of that context. It is speaking of the wresting of the kingdom away from the apostates and giving it to a nation bearing the fruits thereof (Matthew 21:43). This specific parable speaks of the “son of the wicked one,” whom Jesus had already specifically identified as the Jewish apostates (John 8:44) who thought they were the “sons of the kingdom.” The fact that the word “world” there does not absolutely HAVE to mean the entire globe. For example, Paul told the Romans that their faith was spoken of throughout the whole world (Greek- cosmos) (Romans 1:8). I doubt that the Aborigines had any clue about the faith of the Romans. And the obvious parallel here is Jesus’ comments in Matthew 24:14, “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world (different Greek word - oikoumene) as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.” Jesus thus tells us what He means by cosmos, by using a different word for the scope of the message prior to the end of the age, a word that simply means “the inhabited earth” or more specifically in common NT usage, “the Roman Empire.” Now was this accomplished before 70AD? Absolutely.

Colossians 1:5-6 – …because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel, which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth.

Colossians 1:23 – …if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

Romans 16:25-26 – Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began but now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith.

Now Jerry is claiming that once Jesus does the purge of all evil people, the righteous that remain will eventually spawn children that will be deceived by satan near the end of the Millennium. Harrumph. Isaiah does not speak of accursed people merely living near “the end” of the Millennium, he speaks of them simply as a matter of course being mixed with the righteous. But Jerry missed the most fatal flaw, and that is that natural people still die, but Paul teaches that death is the LAST enemy which is DESTROYED when He returns to resurrect His saints (i.e. the rapture). It is impossible for any righteous people to die AFTER that point, and for there to be any enemies of Christ remaining (such as satan).

Notice at the end I demonstrated something fatal to Jerry’s position, but he ignored it thoroughly. Instead he asks if I believe all of the evil people were purged out the Roman Empire at 70AD. No I do not, and the passage, in harmony with the rest of Scripture (an idea that appeared to be foreign to Jerry during the debate), the context is the spreading of the gospel throughout the Roman empire and the purging of the apostate Old Covenant people of God (the purging of God’s “kingdom”) so that it may be given to a nation bearing the fruits of it. The Jews were purged and chastened throughout the whole Roman Empire."

So we can see that Dee Dee is saying that the kingdom parable of the "tares and the wheat" are in reference to "the purging of the apostate Old Covenant´people of God..."

However,there is absolutely no doubt that the Lord is speaking of ALL the "unrighteous" people in the whole inhabitated world:

"The field is the WORLD;the good seed are the children of the Kingdom,but the tares are the children of the wicked one...As,therefore,the tares are gathered and burned in the fire,so shall it be at the end of the age.The Son of Man shall send forth His angels,and they shall GATHER OUT OF HIS KINGDOM ALL THINGS THAT OFFEND"(Mt.13:38-41).

Words could not be plainer.All the "unrighteous" in the inhabited world will be gathered out of His kingdom at the end of the age.But since this does not match Dee Dee´s theories,she will not believe it.Instead,she continues to insist that only the apostae Jews are taken out of the kingdom.

She also insists that her response answers the Lord´s words that teach that ALL the "unrighteous" will be gathered out at the end of the age.Nothing could be further from the truth.

In His grace,--Jerry

D

Dee Dee Warren

Dear Knight:

Oh, I absolutely agree with you that I was the first to start talking "smack" that is beyond a doubt.. but I was also the first to post. There is a difference (at least as I see it) between talking "smack" and "name calling." And with that diffrence in mind, I made a concerted effort not to call Jerry any names. Please correct me if I did in fact call him a "name" for I would really like to know for I did call him a "name" in the Debate, I will apologize.

Adn Knight, you keep saying that I can't take the same medicine, and the fact is that that I took it, and took it well. I only took personal offense at one thing Jerry said (and it was not the idiot comment - I find that one amusing) it was when he changed a Psalm to say that I hated God.

Now I know you don't agree with my views, and I can see now that you don't care for the way some of my friends have posted, but I know that you have enough fairness in you to see that such a comment did in fact cross the line.

Be it known... I am not whining or crying or complaining. Except for that one comment I got exactly what I bargained for as far as the "smack" aspect. In fact that is exactly the tone that you, Knight, said you wanted in these debates. No problem there.

D

Dee Dee Warren

And Jerry then I will respond where I indicated that I would and I already answered in much fuller form on that other thread where I provided the link before.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dee Dee how come ever time I respond to someone other than you... you respond back to me as if I were talking to you?

Strange.....

But true.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Dear Knight:

Dee Dee, I never said you called Jerry a name on this thread...

What I was saying was that Jerry was responding to the following post made by Hitch...

Well sorry about that Knight, it wasn't clear... since this thread is for comments on the Battle, it seemed like you were saying in response to criticisms made about comments in the Battle that Jerry may have called me names because I called him names first. I did not call him any names in the Battle, and in fact, made a concerted effort not to.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Dee Dee how come ever time I respond to someone other than you... you respond back to me as if I were talking to you?

Strange.....

But true.

I did not respond as if you were talking to me... I asked a question about your comment. Isn't that allowed?? And really Knight EVERY time... exaggerating a bit aren't we?? I am sure that there have been times when you have said something to someone else and I ignored you.

C

cirisme

Dee Dee,

Dee Dee,

I guess that's as big of an exaggeration as saying you won the battle. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.