Votes: 17 51.5%
  • me again

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Hmmm. As of Sunday morning, me again's already got two votes before a single word of discussion was posted... :rolleyes:

Hey ref, it looks like "da fix is in"... :D

me again

One ringside comment :

One ringside comment :

Zak, your comments are supposed to be "under the table."

< me again secretly slips Zak a 100 dollar bill, under the table, of course >

In all earnestness, this is an extremely serious debate because we are discussing two issues:
  • Salvation: Is Jesus enough to be saved?

-- and --
  • Will we reject a part of the “Body of Christ” because they won’t spout ”The Party Line?”
The first issue is acceptable to me because that is exclusively in the Lord’s hands. However, the second issue deeply concerns me because this great responsibility is exclusively in our hands.

I have already been to one denomination where I was denied baptism because I refused to accept one of their denominational tenants. Consequently, I am thoroughly acquainted with ”rejection.” The tenant of salvation is faith in Jesus and in Him alone. On a salvational level, everything else is chaff.

Let us not judge whom Jesus has chosen and whom Jesus has rejected. When alleged Christians become rabidly dogmatic over non-salvational issues, something terrible happens: In their attempt to pull up tares, they also pull up wheat. It is not your job to uproot the tares. That job has been specifically relegated to the angels and it will be performed at the end of the age. God knew exactly what He was doing when he allowed the tares to grow amidst the wheat. However, we do not know what we are doing when we condemn brethren after they have made a public confession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. A part of the Body of Christ is injured in this demonically inspired process.

Biblical Source:
  • Mat 13:24-30
    Another parable put [Jesus] forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Mat 13:36-43
    Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
From henceforth, I will try to save the rest of the thesis for the ring because that's where it belongs. I'll try to remain silent when I'm not in the ring. I apoligize for this pre-game outburst. Mike Tyson, eat your heart out. :D

Place your bets here... Place your bets here!!! :D

Zakath

Resident Atheist
me again wrote:
Zak, your comments are supposed to be "under the table."

< me again secretly slips Zak a 100 dollar bill, under the table, of course >
<discretely palming the Ben Franklin...>
Ooops!
:eek:

But you shouldn't try to make book on your own debate.

There's one TOL denizen with the extensive "statistical and financial background" necessary to handle the bookie work for this event...Where's Nathan Detroit??? ;)

me again

Sword of the Spirit

Sword of the Spirit

I’ve been standing here in the center of the ring for 13 hours straight (since midnight last night) and Freak hasn’t jabbed his spiritual sword once.

I’m getting tired. Do you mind if I sit down on this stool in the corner of the ring? :confused: ;)

• Eph 6:17b
    And take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Heb 4:12
    For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Freak

Please no posters except Me Again and me on the formal thread...

Please no posters except Me Again and me on the formal thread...

I noticed a couple posting in the formal debate thread that is entirely reserved for me and Me Again.

Thank you...

Vann

Knight is going to delete those posts though, right? One wonders how someone can miss the rules stating nobody but Freak and me again post there. I guess gigantic bold letters aren't obvious enough. :)

me again

They are newbies

They are newbies

Those two posters were "new" to TheologyOnline and we should have mercy and grace on them. :)

Simple move their postings from that thread to this one.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Zakath
<discretely palming the Ben Franklin...>
Ooops!
:eek:

But you shouldn't try to make book on your own debate.

There's one TOL denizen with the extensive "statistical and financial background" necessary to handle the bookie work for this event...Where's Nathan Detroit??? ;)
Hey , hey hey.... no action can go down here without me involved!

What's de line on this "Battle Royal"?

Meet me behind Jakes Tranny shop after midnight AND BRING YOUR DOUGH! (errr Doe?)

C

cirisme

Hey, I just finished making the popcorn and the pizza is on its way, anbody want some? :)

PS: With all this language of "center ring" and "combatants" etc, it sounds like a circus. Will anybody be putting their head in a lion's mouth? :D

P

Pilgrimagain

sow what do ya'll think so far? Freak asserts that "I am" is definately equal to"god the father" and has already seemed to claim victory based on scripture? Has he proven his point at all or is he still in the assertion stage?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Pilgrimagain
sow what do ya'll think so far? Freak asserts that "I am" is definately equal to"god the father" and has already seemed to claim victory based on scripture? Has he proven his point at all or is he still in the assertion stage?
I will reserve my judgement for now. I want to see a little more develop.

Lion

King of the jungle
Super Moderator
Ruuuuuummmmmmbbbbblllling!

Ruuuuuummmmmmbbbbblllling!

Cool idea Knight! What a battle already.

I have to admit I am not certain of my stance on this issue. Christ is God the Son, but is it a requirement to believe that for salvation under grace? I think so… I think… but then again I usually don’t hold that bad theology alone will keep you out of heaven.

Here is a point that I hope is brought up in the fight. Does a person have to understand that Christ is God (and all that implies including the Trinity) before he can accept the gift of salvation?

Lion

King of the jungle
Super Moderator
Chomp! Chomp! Gulp! Gulp!

Chomp! Chomp! Gulp! Gulp!

Cirisme-You said;
PS: With all this language of "center ring" and "combatants" etc, it sounds like a circus. Will anybody be putting their head in a lion's mouth?

Why not? I brush!

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
I’m really enjoying how seriously both me again and Freak are taking this. It is great to see arguments being made with such careful consideration.

Golly, I just don’t know who to vote for! I would have thought me again, but Freak is doing a great job so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.