What are the facts of what Hitler did?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
ummmm

both

he told lies that the german people wanted to hear, lies that they were in a position to embrace after the collapse of their economy and the deprivations of the twenties and early thirties

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
Hitler undid a lot of things that he felt the Jews had influenced from the Berlin brothels to companies utilizing interest to generate more money. Even gun control was a matter in that time, which he felt the Jews had also influenced.
He was able to persuade a lot of Germans that the Jews were basically usurpers of the German right, and slowly the distrust and dislike progressed further until Hitler could start making laws against Jews.
And that's where the beginning of the persecution began, it wasn't too long after that he wanted to remove them altogether.

The Berean

Sadly, "Blame the Jews!" has been a successful rallying cry for centuries. Germany lost much in the aftermath of World War I. The German people needed a scapegoat and Hitler gave them one.

ok doser

... The German people needed a scapegoat ...

this is the nub that i keep coming back to after years (decades) of consideration - did they, did they really?

if so, why did they and not others, at least not to the same degree?

was it a part of the german psyche, a particular confluence of external factors, a combination of those??

looking beyond the scapegoat theory, they were convinced that they needed to be a great nation, to gather in all the diaspora of german-ethnic areas in other countries (and worth remembering that the borders of those countries were fluid at the time, had been fluid for centuries) - their thousand year reich was to be a triumphal emergence of german culture upon europe, not to oppress, but to rightly take their place as cultural leaders

and you can't imagine the frustration and jealousy that existed in the german psyche that france held that distinction :chuckle:

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
Sadly, "Blame the Jews!" has been a successful rallying cry for centuries. Germany lost much in the aftermath of World War I. The German people needed a scapegoat and Hitler gave them one.

Are you saying their opposition to the Jews was unfounded?

The Berean

Are you saying their opposition to the Jews was unfounded?

We could ask actual Nazi's but they are pretty much all dead now. Many people have irrational hatred of Jews (and other minority groups) for various reasons. An older Russian lady in my previous church once told me that growing up she and all the Russians she knew hated Jews because she and her family were very poor and all the Jews seen knew were all well off. She said it took her decades to let go of this irrational hatred.

ok doser

We could ask actual Nazi's but they are pretty much all dead now. Many people have irrational hatred of Jews (and other minority groups) for various reasons. An older Russian lady in my previous church once told me that growing up she and all the Russians she knew hated Jews because she and her family were very poor and all the Jews seen knew were all well off. She said it took her decades to let go of this irrational hatred.

unfortunately, this hatred found its most vulnerable target in the mass of jewry that were as poor as her

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What are the facts as to why you start a thread, about every subject, in the history of mankind? This is not "Oprah."
Many believe Hitler did nothing wrong. Others believe that he is responsible for the death of six million.

What facts are you asking about?

john w

Hall of Fame
Many believe Hitler did nothing wrong. Others believe that he is responsible for the death of six million.

What facts are you asking about?

What are the facts about why Hellman's Mayo, is better than Miracle Whip?

ok doser

I understand these but I do not know what he did wrong.

oh, ok

you realize that he ruled as a virtually absolute dictator, right?

therefore, everything that Germany did - everything that the government and the military did was done with his approval, in his name

what he did that was wrong was:

invade neighboring countries
kill innocent civilians
attack an ally (which was really dumb and led to his defeat)
start a war in which 70-85 million people died

those are the major things he did that were wrong

others can probably come up with more

The Berean

unfortunately, this hatred found its most vulnerable target in the mass of jewry that were as poor as her

The really weird thing is that even wealthy "gentiles" like Henry Ford hated the Jews, or at least a certain type of stereotypical Jew. I find it hard to believe that Henry Ford had anything to worry about from Jews.