No announcement yet.

What are the facts of what Hitler did?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the facts of what Hitler did?

Was he in charge of a nation or did he do things that caused people to die?

ummmm

both

he told lies that the german people wanted to hear, lies that they were in a position to embrace after the collapse of their economy and the deprivations of the twenties and early thirties

Comment

Hitler undid a lot of things that he felt the Jews had influenced from the Berlin brothels to companies utilizing interest to generate more money. Even gun control was a matter in that time, which he felt the Jews had also influenced.
      He was able to persuade a lot of Germans that the Jews were basically usurpers of the German right, and slowly the distrust and dislike progressed further until Hitler could start making laws against Jews.
      And that's where the beginning of the persecution began, it wasn't too long after that he wanted to remove them altogether.

Comment

Sadly, "Blame the Jews!" has been a successful rallying cry for centuries. Germany lost much in the aftermath of World War I. The German people needed a scapegoat and Hitler gave them one.
        Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
        . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

Originally posted by The Berean View Post
          ... The German people needed a scapegoat ...

this is the nub that i keep coming back to after years (decades) of consideration - did they, did they really?

if so, why did they and not others, at least not to the same degree?

was it a part of the german psyche, a particular confluence of external factors, a combination of those??

looking beyond the scapegoat theory, they were convinced that they needed to be a great nation, to gather in all the diaspora of german-ethnic areas in other countries (and worth remembering that the borders of those countries were fluid at the time, had been fluid for centuries) - their thousand year reich was to be a triumphal emergence of german culture upon europe, not to oppress, but to rightly take their place as cultural leaders

and you can't imagine the frustration and jealousy that existed in the german psyche that france held that distinction

Comment

Sadly, "Blame the Jews!" has been a successful rallying cry for centuries. Germany lost much in the aftermath of World War I. The German people needed a scapegoat and Hitler gave them one.
            Are you saying their opposition to the Jews was unfounded?

Comment

Originally posted by Crucifer View Post
              Are you saying their opposition to the Jews was unfounded?
              We could ask actual Nazi's but they are pretty much all dead now. Many people have irrational hatred of Jews (and other minority groups) for various reasons. An older Russian lady in my previous church once told me that growing up she and all the Russians she knew hated Jews because she and her family were very poor and all the Jews seen knew were all well off. She said it took her decades to let go of this irrational hatred.
              Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
              . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

We could ask actual Nazi's but they are pretty much all dead now. Many people have irrational hatred of Jews (and other minority groups) for various reasons. An older Russian lady in my previous church once told me that growing up she and all the Russians she knew hated Jews because she and her family were very poor and all the Jews seen knew were all well off. She said it took her decades to let go of this irrational hatred.
                unfortunately, this hatred found its most vulnerable target in the mass of jewry that were as poor as her

Comment

Many people have irrational hatred of Jews
                  Many people have an irrational unconditional defense of them to.

Comment

What are the facts as to why you start a thread, about every subject, in the history of mankind? This is not "Oprah."
                    Saint John W

Comment

Originally posted by john w View Post
                      What are the facts as to why you start a thread, about every subject, in the history of mankind? This is not "Oprah."
                      Many believe Hitler did nothing wrong. Others believe that he is responsible for the death of six million.

What facts are you asking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                        Many believe Hitler did nothing wrong. Others believe that he is responsible for the death of six million.

What facts are you asking about?
                        What are the facts about why Hellman's Mayo, is better than Miracle Whip?
                        Saint John W

Comment

Many believe Hitler did nothing wrong.
                          they are mistaken

Others believe that he is responsible for the death of six million.
                          those people are not mistaken, and most of them realize that the number is vastly higher

Comment

Was he in charge of a nation or did he do things that caused people to die?
                            WHAT is the matter with you?
                            "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                            Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                            By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by john w View Post
                              What are the facts about why Hellman's Mayo, is better than Miracle Whip?
                              I do not know.

Comment

Working...
                              X