Dispensationaism Proven.

Right Divider

Body part
I am a Biblical theologian.
No, you're a comedian.

I study what the Bible ACTUALLY says and the message it was intended to convey to the original audience.
And YET you cannot understand a verse like this:

Jas 1:1 KJV James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Most of the people on TOL (like you) refuse to do that because it messes up the non-Biblical doctrines you love.
False... as per your usual.

You are a poser.

Jerry Shugart

Here is a summary from Wikipedia

The subject of my comments were in regard to the fate of believers, whether Jew or Gentile. Both will be in the earthly kingdom and that kingdom will be delivered up to God (1 Cor.15:24) in the eternal state. All those who will enjoy that fate will inherit the kingdom by faith and only faith.

Both have the same fate.

The Bible does not teach that there are "Dispensations" where "God has required different things at different times from different people".

A Biblical dispensation is a "stewardship" so please tell me what the following "dispensation" or "stewardship" which was given to Paul is referring to here:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you"
(Eph. 3:2).​

Paul was given a stewardship by the Lord so that makes Him a steward for the Lord. In what way did he carry out that stewardship of the grace of God?

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

The subject of my comments were in regard to the fate of believers, whether Jew or Gentile. Both will be in the earthly kingdom and that kingdom will be delivered up to God (1 Cor.15:24) in the eternal state. All those who will enjoy that fate will inherit the kingdom by faith and only faith.

Both have the same fate.
True.

genuineoriginal

You can keep fighting against the truths of the scripture, but you can't stop the scripture from teaching truth.

The truth is that God gives different people different instructions at different times.
Yes, God gives different people different instructions at different times.

The problem is when Dispensationalism teaches that those instructions to specific people have some unstated purpose that affects all of humanity.

The Seven Dispensations

Dr. Scofield defines a dispensation as a period of time during which man is tested in respect of obedience to some specific revelation of the will of God. He teaches in the Scofield Bible that there are Seven Dispensations: (1) The Dispensation of Innocency: before the Fall; (2) The Dispensation of Conscience: before the Flood; (3) The Dispensation of Human Government; (4) The Dispensation of Promise: from the calling of Abraham until Mt. Sinai; (5) The Dispensation of the Law: from Mt. Sinai to the cross of Christ; (6) The Dispensation of Grace: from the cross of Christ to the Second Advent; (7) The Dispensation of the Kingdom: the Millennium.

Where in the Bible does it teach the nonsense that a dispensation is a period of time?
Where in the Bible does it teach the nonsense that a dispensation is for testing mankind?
Where in the Bible does it teach the nonsense that a dispensation is for some specific revelation of the will of God?

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, God gives different people different instructions at different times.
So you're a dispensationalist too. That's GREAT!!

The problem is when Dispensationalism teaches that those instructions to specific people have some unstated purpose that affects all of humanity.
That depends on precisely what the instructions are.

I don't agree with Scofield's take on many things. He was another Acts 2 "dispie" and that's extremely confused.

Where in the Bible does it teach the nonsense that a dispensation is a period of time?
A dispensation is not a period of time but takes place during a period of time.

Where in the Bible does it teach the nonsense that a dispensation is for testing mankind?
Dispensations are a set of rules. Those rules are used to judge those under a specific dispensation.

The word translated "dispensation" literally means "house rules".

Where in the Bible does it teach the nonsense that a dispensation is for some specific revelation of the will of God?
So when God dispenses His rules.... He's not revealing something specific about His will?

You are beating a straw-man and not Biblical dispensationalism.

genuineoriginal

So you're a dispensationalist too. That's GREAT!!
No, I believe in the Biblical covenants, not the non-Biblical dispensations.

A dispensation is not a period of time but takes place during a period of time.

Dispensation
  • The method or scheme according to which God carries out his purposes towards men is called a dispensation. There are usually reckoned three dispensations, the Patriarchal, the Mosaic or Jewish, and the Christian. (See COVENANT, Administration of.) These were so many stages in God's unfolding of his purpose of grace toward men. The word is not found with this meaning in Scripture.
  • A commission to preach the gospel ( 1 Corinthians 9:17 ; Ephesians 1:10 ; 3:2 ; Colossians 1:25 ).
    Dispensations of Providence are providential events which affect men either in the way of mercy or of judgement.

You are beating a straw-man and not Biblical dispensationalism.
Dispensationalism is not Biblical.

genuineoriginal

Not everything that God does is through a covenant.
Why would you think that?

Jeremiah 33:20-26
20 Thus saith the Lord; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.
22 As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.
23 Moreover the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah, saying,
24 Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying, The two families which the Lord hath chosen, he hath even cast them off? thus they have despised my people, that they should be no more a nation before them.
25 Thus saith the Lord; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth;
26 Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and have mercy on them.​

binyamin7

Paul was the Apostle of the Gentiles and he was the firsr believer to preach the "gospel of grace" to the Gentiles. The gospel which Peter preached Cornelius was the same gospel which was preached to the Jews (Acts 10:36-37) and the same gospel which Paul preached to the Jews and the promise of that gospel was foretold by the OT prophets:

"Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead" (Ro.1:1-4).​

Again, this gospel was promised by the OT prophets and the heart and soul of this gospel is the truth that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. The Lord Jesus fulfilled the "gospel" (good news) concerning the coming Messiah of which the prophecies spoke.

On the other hand the gospel which Paul preached to the Gentiles was a "mystery" truth, or something which had been kept secret since the world began.

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began" (Ro.16:25).​

You have probably been taught that only one gospel was preached during the Acts period and that is probably the source of your confusion. Common sense dictates that a gospel which was promised in the OT cannot possibly be the same gospel which was kept secret since the world began. And when you realize that the gospel which Paul preached to the Gentiles was different from the one Peter preached to the Gentiles and that the one which was preached to the Gentiles was the "gospel of grace" then it becomes obvious by Paul's own words concerning the "dispensation" which was given to him that the present dispensation did not begin until he began to preach that gospel to the Gentiles:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you" (Eph. 3:2).​

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God" (Col.1:25).​

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me"
(1 Cor.9:17).​

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "God's grace", a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20: 24).

The Acts record will be searched in vain for any evidence that Peter preached the gospel of grace on the day of Pentecost. Instead, the gospel he preached on that day was the same one foretold by the OT prophets. There is ZERO evidence that the present dispensation began on the day of Pentecost.

Acts 24:47- the Gospel of repentance is to be preached to ALL the nations, beginning in Jerusalem. Same Gospel to all nations.

You don't have throw a giant word salad together to try to convince yourself of this gibberish any longer, I have come to free you from this bondage of heresy. Go your way and sin no longer lest a worse thing come upon you. I am not kidding.

binyamin7

Gentiles were always allowed to join with Israel. You're misunderstanding what Acts 15 is saying.

Cornelius was a righteous gentile as Act 10 describes:
  • A devout man.
  • Feared God.
  • Gave much alms to "the people". (Guess who "the people" are).
  • Prayed alway.
  • Received a vision (not a normal situation).
Also Paul's ministry to the gentiles is completely different than Peter's one time event.

Whoever taught you folks this, which if true for some reason God left unrevealed throughout the entirety of church history, has built a giant edifice on a house of cards. The details are only convincing if we don't look at the foundation of the teaching. One could never read the Bible and take it at face value and conclude such things. It is a false dichotomy (as godrulz would have said) based on conjecture which runs contrary to direct Scriptures such as Luke 24:47 and Peter's own testimony.

binyamin7

It is unfortunate that Dispensationalism teaches how to wrongly split up the Bible instead of teaching how to handle scripture correctly.

Except you agree with my opening post, which is dispensationalist in nature. God has clearly brought back the Jews to Israel following the valley of dry bones as Ezekiel prophesied. It is just that I am not adding the additional and unscriptural mid acts aspects those on this board do. People have ever twisted Paul's writings, see 2 Pet 3:16.

binyamin7

How did I get not a single like for the catholicizer bit?

"You catholicizer fruit examiners office ceo! (Am I doing it right?)"

Tough crowd, I thought that would earn a chuckle or two.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How did I get not a single like for the catholicizer bit?

"You catholicizer fruit examiners office ceo! (Am I doing it right?)"

Tough crowd, I thought that would earn a chuckle or two.

If you're here for the popularity, then you're here for the wrong reason.

genuineoriginal

Except you agree with my opening post, which is dispensationalist in nature. God has clearly brought back the Jews to Israel following the valley of dry bones as Ezekiel prophesied. It is just that I am not adding the additional and unscriptural mid acts aspects those on this board do. People have ever twisted Paul's writings, see 2 Pet 3:16.
The events described in the opening post can be easily explained by God keeping His covenantal promises without the nonsense of Dispensationalism being mixed into it.

Right Divider

Body part
Why would you think that?

Jeremiah 33:20-26
20 Thus saith the Lord; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.
22 As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.
23 Moreover the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah, saying,
24 Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying, The two families which the Lord hath chosen, he hath even cast them off? thus they have despised my people, that they should be no more a nation before them.
25 Thus saith the Lord; If my covenant be not with day and night, and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth;
26 Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob and David my servant, so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return, and have mercy on them.​

Since you are too dumb to understand figures of speech, I can see why understanding the Bible is far out of your reach.

Right Divider

Body part
Whoever taught you folks this, which if true for some reason God left unrevealed throughout the entirety of church history, has built a giant edifice on a house of cards.
It's just right there plainly in the Bible that you apparently don't have.

The details are only convincing if we don't look at the foundation of the teaching. One could never read the Bible and take it at face value and conclude such things. It is a false dichotomy (as godrulz would have said) based on conjecture which runs contrary to direct Scriptures such as Luke 24:47 and Peter's own testimony.
Oh. a godrulz fan... no wonder your can't understanding things.