Outwitted

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Have you ever been outwitted? This is when, your opponent, gets you to do something freely and voluntarily, that is legal, and means that you're a complete idiot. Like uttering a self-contradiction that is lawful to say.

I have been bested so many times I couldn't begin to pretend to give you a wild guess, within an order of magnitude. More than once.

I've been outwitted on TOL before, at least once.

If you get your opponent to do or say something only an idiot would do, there's only two options. Either you have bested them, or, the alternative, is that they are actually much more clever than you are, and they've somehow actually outwitted you. The only way to find out how they've outwitted you, is to proceed as if you outwitted them. If they are acting like idiots, then presume that they are idiots. Don't presume that in the face of obvious evidence of a moron, that it must not be a moron. Proceed as if it is a moron, and only in this way will you learn if your opponent has actually outwitted you.

I've been outwitted so many times, I have studied it, and I know exactly how it happens. In order to be outwitted, the world actually changes, from you not being outwitted, into a world in which you're outwitted. It always involves others: You must be outwitted by another party or two. You can outwit yourself (in the sense of the two I's of Romans chapter seven), and you can be outwitted by God.

"Ignorance is bliss Rick, when tis folly to be wise." Lahey