I repent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sozo said:
In any case, I think it is obvious that I neither have the temperment, nor the character to participate in a public forum.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to be less sensitive than I am. :sigh:

Thanks for trying.
Meditate of the fruit of the Spirit.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

koban

Sozo said:
It was his final post, and normally a logical conclusion.

In any case, I think it is obvious that I neither have the temperment, nor the character to participate in a public forum.

Thanks for trying.

Take a break and spend some time over here!

Sozo

Knight said:
Meditate of the fruit of the Spirit.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

You must really want me stay if you are going to post something like that! :D

I think you assume that the flesh is controlled by the spirit, which is contrary to everything that Paul says about the flesh. He says they are in opposition to one another.

No one you know, have known, or will know, produces the fruit, they only bear it as having come from God directed at them. All we can do is to testify to others that they can receive it from God through faith in Christ.

Telling people that they can produce those things in their life, is giving them unrealistic expectations, and setting them up for failure, and that is what produces an unsound mind.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
So what?

A good deal of what I write is not recieved by "most". :D

And much of what I say get's mocked by many. That's OK. I have learned to deal with it. As should you. You post some really AWESOME stuff here at TOL who cares if some reject it????

Are you saying we should have the hide of a rhinoceros instead of being egg-shell people?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
It was his final post, and normally a logical conclusion.

Thanks for trying.

I think we are all big enough to take each other warts and all. If there is anything I need to ask your forgiveness for, let me know. I think I see your heart and respect that.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
You must really want me stay if you are going to post something like that! :D

I think you assume that the flesh is controlled by the spirit, which is contrary to everything that Paul says about the flesh. He says they are in opposition to one another.

No one you know, have known, or will know, produces the fruit, they only bear it as having come from God directed at them. All we can do is to testify to others that they can receive it from God through faith in Christ.

Telling people that they can produce those things in their life, is giving them unrealistic expectations, and setting them up for failure, and that is what produces an unsound mind.

"Let us..." is an exhortation. We cannot produce the fruit of the Spirit, but it is not totally apart from ourselves.

Gal. 5:22, 23 ...self-control...let us keep in step with the Spirit...Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other (we have some responsibility...implies we can volitionally provoke people...the Spirit does not make us do it nor does He always stop people from doing it)...

6:1 Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin (possible for Christians to sin contrary to perfectionism views)...but watch yourself, or you also may be tempted...each one should test his own ACTIONS...a man reaps what he sows...let us not become weary in doing good...let us do good to all people...

5:13 But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh (possible, despite God's desire that we live by the Spirit)...serve one another in love (choice)...v. 19 ACTS of the flesh...contrasted with fruit of the Spirit...

koban

I know how to get him to come back!

Hey Sozo!

Works are required for salvation!

The Elect still sin!

Abortion on demand is nobody's business but the mother's! (of course, that begs the question of "what" she is the "mother" of)

That oughta do it! :banana:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
koban said:
I know how to get him to come back!

Hey Sozo!

Works are required for salvation!

The Elect still sin!

Abortion on demand is nobody's business but the mother's! (of course, that begs the question of "what" she is the "mother" of)

That oughta do it! :banana:

:shocked:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
:sozo: Straighten up, soldier!

[Begin :sozo2:]We Christians have been in this war against Satan for 2,000 years. More, if you count believers (like me) who see Jesus the Christ in the Old testament beginning with Genesis.

ToL is part of the battlefield. Jesus is our CIC. God is our Standard.

Join one side or the other. Do NOT get caught in No-Man's Land.[End :sozo2:]

Adam

Hall of Fame
Sozo, I seriously disagree with some of your theology, but we seriously need kick tail pro-lifers and conservatives on these boards.

Adam

Hall of Fame
Now wait just a second!

Sozo, did you say "I repent.."? What do you have to repent for? According to you, believers don't sin.

koban

truthman said:
Now wait just a second!

Sozo, did you say "I repent.."? What do you have to repent for? According to you, believers don't sin.

Careful - you'll make his head explode!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I was hoping he was going to repent of somethings. I think we all do not see ourselves as God and others see us. Pride...we all need to be broken once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.