Non-Subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I don't get it.

There are quite a few regular posters at TOL who are not subscribers. They post here every day or nearly every day. Spend countless hours using the TOL facilities, yet they do not feel compelled to pay for the service. They are content letting others pay their way.

Sounds like a bunch of commies.......

lovemeorhateme

BillyBob said:
I don't get it.

There are quite a few regular posters at TOL who are not subscribers. They post here every day or nearly every day. Spend countless hours using the TOL facilities, yet they do not feel compelled to pay for the service. They are content letting others pay their way.

Not neccissarily.

Take my case for example. If someone hadn't got me a gift subscription, it would have been absolutely impossible for me to subscribe, as you don't accept my particular card on this site.

SOTK

lovemeorhateme said:
Not neccissarily.

Take my case for example. If someone hadn't got me a gift subscription, it would have been absolutely impossible for me to subscribe, as you don't accept my particular card on this site.

Anybody can sign up to use PayPal- anybody from anywhere in the world.

SOTK

BillyBob said:
I don't get it.

Granite it at the top of the list of posters who bothers me for not subscribing. Look at the amount of posts that guy has! :down:

It's the regular Christian posters who aren't subscribers which bother me the most though. :nono:

lovemeorhateme

SOTK said:
Anybody can sign up to use PayPal- anybody from anywhere in the world.

True. However, I did try, and it would not accept my Visa Electron card (not Visa), which is a debit card. It is a British card, and only paypal in the UK accepts it for payments of this manner.

SOTK

lovemeorhateme said:
True. However, I did try, and it would not accept my Visa Electron card (not Visa), which is a debit card. It is a British card, and only paypal in the UK accepts it for payments of this manner.

You can set up in PayPal so that transactions occur directly from your checking account at which ever bank or Credit Union you use. You can add funds to PayPal that way and also make purchases that way. I hardly use a Credit Card or Visa Debit Card with PayPal.

lovemeorhateme

SOTK said:
You can set up in PayPal so that transactions occur directly from your checking account at which ever bank or Credit Union you use. You can add funds to PayPal that way and also make purchases that way. I hardly use a Credit Card or Visa Debit Card with PayPal.

Ah, now I didn't realise you could do that. I prefer to just use my card online. I'd be scared of someone somehow getting into my account otherwise! Thanks for the info anyway!

SOTK

lovemeorhateme said:
Ah, now I didn't realise you could do that. I prefer to just use my card online. I'd be scared of someone somehow getting into my account otherwise! Thanks for the info anyway!

Sure. You are not the first person I've heard that feels that way. Personally, I think it's an unfounded fear. PayPal is one of the more safer online financial services in the world. Also, for your information, hackers can get what ever they need from you from your credit card if they really want to. I think this fact is becoming less and less of a reality but it can happen.

lovemeorhateme

SOTK said:
Sure. You are not the first person I've heard that feels that way. Personally, I think it's an unfounded fear. PayPal is one of the more safer online financial services in the world. Also, for your information, hackers can get what ever they need from you from your credit card if they really want to. I think this fact is becoming less and less of a reality but it can happen.

I know.

I'm even a bit uncomfortable about using my card. I have been the victim of card fraud in the past, which is why I have that concern. I'm sure you can see why now :)

SOTK

lovemeorhateme said:
I know.

I'm even a bit uncomfortable about using my card. I have been the victim of card fraud in the past, which is why I have that concern. I'm sure you can see why now :)

I can. You know, I have been a victim of card fraud myself, but it didn't happen online. It happened at a restaurant in my own city. Some idiot employee at the restaurant was writing down people's credit card numbers. I was just one of many victims.

lovemeorhateme

SOTK said:
I can. You know, I have been a victim of card fraud myself, but it didn't happen online. It happened at a restaurant in my own city. Some idiot employee at the restaurant was writing down people's credit card numbers. I was just one of many victims.

It's not good. With me, the police found out in the end, by going to the company the items were purchased from. They managed to trace the purchase, and the stupid mug who did it, had the items delivered to his address!

SOTK

lovemeorhateme said:
It's not good. With me, the police found out in the end, by going to the company the items were purchased from. They managed to trace the purchase, and the stupid mug who did it, had the items delivered to his address!

There are definitely some real idiots out there, huh? Well, what are ya gonna do?

lovemeorhateme

SOTK said:
There are definitely some real idiots out there, huh? Well, what are ya gonna do?

Well. I am already a subscriber to this site, as someone got me a gift subscription. No idea who!

The dumbest criminal I heard about recently was really dumb. He decided to rob a laptop from a shop. The only thing is that he chose a CCTV shop to rob! He was caught on CCTV at every angle possible! The Police soon got him!

Zakath

Resident Atheist
BillyBob said:
I don't get it.

Some of us have our reasons... :rolleyes:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
BillyBob said:
I don't get it.

Oh, come on. You know what it says in the Vile and Eeeevil Atheist Handbook, Section 4, Paragraph A, Sub-paragraph vi: "Take advantage of free services whenever possible, and laugh derisively when the providers try to guilt-trip you into giving them money."

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Gerald said:
Oh, come on. You know what it says in the Vile and Eeeevil Atheist Handbook, Section 4, Paragraph A, Sub-paragraph vi: "Take advantage of free services whenever possible, and laugh derisively when the providers try to guilt-trip you into giving them money."

Sounds just like a typical liberal.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
SOTK said:
Granite it at the top of the list of posters who bothers me for not subscribing. Look at the amount of posts that guy has! :down:

It's the regular Christian posters who aren't subscribers which bother me the most though. :nono:
Maybe we should change the top-level default usertitle from "TOL Legend" to "Big-Time Freeloader." :think:

koban

Gerald said:

Hey Gerald's back!

How are those kittens coming?

beanieboy

People preaching Jesus, and then asking for money.
Oral Roberts, anyone?

If it's such a big issue, then simply charge people to use the service. Those who don't want to pay won't be able to post. It's a simple solution.

BillyBob, you say that someone who doesn't want to pay is a commie.
What do you call someone who pays for something that's free?

Status
Not open for further replies.