Meditate on the cross

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Isaiah speaking about the Lord said "He is a man of sorrows and one with whom grief is acquainted and we hid as it were our faces from Him I think Christians shy away from thinking about the cross.

Don't do that

Look steadfastly, meditate the cross, ponder it. I cannot explain how power will come to you if you will look steadily at the cross but it will. "Look unto Me ye ends of the earth and be ye saved"

I believe in the full gospel of total salvation for the whole man, body, soul and spirit.
I don't think God sees us or deals with us as just soul and spirit. When Jesus died He died for our total redemption. The bible says we are translated out of the kingdom of darkness into the glorious kingdom of God's dear Son.

It happened at the cross, God is not going to do one more thing to save us. There is cleansing, the forgiveness of sins at the cross, there sanctification the power to make us holy in the cross.

There is healing, He bore our sicknesses and carried our diseases, there is deliverance from evil and from the evil one.

There is healing for the mind, healing for memories if you will contemplate the crown of thorns. Jesus did not die so that He could help us bear griefs and sorrows...He BORE our griefs and carried our sorrows, we are told to "cast our burdens upon the Lord for He careth for us"

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Isaiah speaking about the Lord said "He is a man of sorrows and one with whom grief is acquainted and we hid as it were our faces from Him I think Christians shy away from thinking about the cross.

Don't do that

Look steadfastly, meditate the cross, ponder it. I cannot explain how power will come to you if you will look steadily at the cross but it will. "Look unto Me ye ends of the earth and be ye saved"

I believe in the full gospel of total salvation for the whole man, body, soul and spirit.
I don't think God sees us or deals with us as just soul and spirit. When Jesus died He died for our total redemption. The bible says we are translated out of the kingdom of darkness into the glorious kingdom of God's dear Son.

It happened at the cross, God is not going to do one more thing to save us. There is cleansing, the forgiveness of sins at the cross, there sanctification the power to make us holy in the cross.

There is healing, He bore our sicknesses and carried our diseases, there is deliverance from evil and from the evil one.

There is healing for the mind, healing for memories if you will contemplate the crown of thorns. Jesus did not die so that He could help us bear griefs and sorrows...He BORE our griefs and carried our sorrows, we are told to "cast our burdens upon the Lord for He careth for us"

Amen

theophilus

Yes.

I have to preach the gospel to myself a lot, too (and it's great practice when I get to tell others).

Thank you VERY MUCH for the reminder.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The cross is the solution God has put forward to ALL man's problems
Pardon for ALL man's sin
Healing for EVERY ill
Supply for EVERY need
Help for EVERY trouble.

HisServant

I meditate on the resurrection of my Lord.... the cross was just a means to an end. Him personally redeeming us should be the object of our meditation.

To me, meditating on the cross is kind of a form of idolatry... just sayin.

JosephR

The cross is the solution God has put forward to ALL man's problems
Pardon for ALL man's sin
Healing for EVERY ill
Supply for EVERY need
Help for EVERY trouble.

ok..... all your problems are solved....

you are pardoned...
you are healed... you have SUPPLY,, you have HELP..

now what, you just tell people how they are not saved, i think you have missed the point........

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
ok..... all your problems are solved....

you are pardoned...
you are healed... you have SUPPLY,, you have HELP..

now what, you just tell people how they are not saved, i think you have missed the point........

Who have I said is not saved?

JR "meshackles"

But my dear JR shackles herself says she is not saved she throws mud at anyone who claims to be saved.....:idunno:

I never say she will never be saved for that is not my call about ANYone, I pray that she will.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I meditate on the resurrection of my Lord.... the cross was just a means to an end. Him personally redeeming us should be the object of our meditation.

To me, meditating on the cross is kind of a form of idolatry... just sayin.

Nay preach Christ and Him crucified, the revelation of Satan's defeat, our victory in Christ.

POWER

Power to break every yoke....there is no resurrection without first the cross.

john w

Hall of Fame
Think on this:

It is physically impossible to "crucify yourself." Try it("Ya know" what I mean). The Romans 15:4 KJV learning lesson, the Lord would have us to know, in His infinite wisdom? Not only is our justification all of God, i.e., being saved from the penalty of sin, but so is our sanctification,i.e., being saved from the power of sin, as the crucifixion means of death was typically a relatively slow(compared to other methods), agonizing process, that was applied by others, impossible to "do to yourself," as it is written:

Philippians 1:6 KJV being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Think on this:

It is physically impossible to "crucify yourself." Try it("Ya know" what I mean). The Romans 15:4 KJV learning lesson, the Lord would have us to know, in His infinite wisdom? Not only is our justification all of God, i.e., being saved from the penalty of sin, but so is our sanctification,i.e., being saved from the power of sin, as the crucifixion means of death was typically a relatively slow(compared to other methods), agonizing process, that was applied by others, impossible to "do to yourself," as it is written:

Philippians 1:6 KJV being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Excellento

....and it is even more unpossible to uncrucify oneself

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
to meditate

try not to think of anything
and
allow God to control your thoughts

ask God to take over your thoughts

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Isaiah said "we hid as it were our faces from Him"

Jesus said "Look unto Me ye ends of the earth and be ye saved" I cain't explain it but God's power will come to you when you look steadfastly at the cross.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
One may meditate with a chosen focus or letting God choose the focus.
I need a focus otherwise my mind flits all over the place.

so you get to talk to God
and
you tell Him
that
this is what we are going to talk about?