lifeguard at the cement pond
here - this might help:
lobe_diagram_lg.jpg

God's Truth

God's Truth

yes, of course - he's saying that they are idiots, morons, cretins, imbeciles

he is being dismissive of what he perceives to be their lack of intelligence

assuming the first, then yes, the second automatically applies, by definition

as ironic as your inability to come up with anything more intelligent than "troll" :chuckle:

That is an excellent point!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Retarded isn't a bad word, it is a real condition.
It's a word being retired from professional use. The following, by way of example, is a quote from the Disability Language Style Guide, used by journalists. LINK

• Mentally retarded

Background: The terms “mentally retarded,” “retard” and “mental retardation” were once common terms that are now considered outdated and offensive. In 2010, President Barack Obama signed a measure known as “Rosa’s Law” that replaced the term “mental retardation” with intellectual disability in many areas of government, including federal law.
    From “My Heart Can’t Even Believe It: A Story of Science, Love and Down Syndrome,” (Amy Silverman, Woodbine House, 201

I couldn't care to have friends like you and yours.
    Well then, I can tell you that you're likely going to be very relieved.

I am disliked for good things, things you obviously know nothing about.
I'd go further and wager they're among the great hidden mysteries of forum life.

As for that other site, it is too evil.
Well, you're safe and protected from it, aren't you.

I've been here for going on seven years, and wrote thousands upon thousands of posts about the Holy Bible. If no one sees any good qualities about me, or if they think they have to give me lessons on making friends, then maybe they should look into themselves why they don't like me just the way I am.
Or maybe it's just you.

I have been attacked here worse than anyone
Sure you have. I mean just look at all the people giving you a hard time in the very place where anyone who wanted to could unload on you without consequence. I mean...it's shocking.

and still showed great restraint in defending myself and my beliefs.
If you're any more restrained you're going to have an aneurysm.

When out in public, an older woman called him 'stupid', another time someone said I should keep my animal at home.
Those are mostly the sort of people who use "retard". Pond scum trying to take what they believe to be as low a shot as can be given. Because when they call someone without a mental disability "retard" it only has strength by connection to your son and people like him. They're insulting both at the same moment.

I do think I have earned the right to use the word 'retarded' if I so please.
You need to think harder.

What gets me is people like Town Heretic trying to school me or anyone else on it.
So it's like anyone telling you anything that doesn't suit you then.

town is a leftist/liberal social justice warrior, always looking for a cause
And I have six arms and when the sun comes up I glow. To add more made up nonsense to his pile of a proffer.

not sure if you followed the "redskins" thread:
If she didn't she's on par with you.

Wow, so Town has a habit of trying to censor people here.
Another swing and a miss. You should try baseball, if only to see how it feels to fail in another medium.

I think I will stop from ever trying to reason with Town again.
Like saying you're never going to sing at the Met, again.

Which state is it? I am just curious about the incident. lol
Sod likes to insult the South. He cherry picks the NY history, which is like him, and generally confuses himself on the rest...he's a very bad guy too, by the way.

Okay, that brings us up to date. I'll check back in a couple of days to see what you girls have been up to. :e4e:

ok doser

... when they call someone without a mental disability "retard" it only has strength by connection to your son and people like him.

and when they call someone without a mental disability "moron", "idiot", "cretin" or "imbecile" - where do those gain their strength if not by their connection to people who are intellectually disabled?

They're insulting both at the same moment.

no, that's retarded

if you're not retarded, town, you shouldn't be making retarded statements like that

if you are retarded, then i've correctly identified the cause of your retarded statements and you shouldn't be offended

Sod likes to insult the South.

i like to insult everyone! :banana:

it's a great way to identify the thin-skinned whiners who are apt to react by reporting me for "insulting a state" :darwinsm:

God's Truth

First of all, I never called anyone online retarded. Though I could, and it would be justified.

It's a word being retired from professional use. The following, by way of example, is a quote from the Disability Language Style Guide, used by journalists. LINK

• Mentally retarded

Background: The terms “mentally retarded,” “retard” and “mental retardation” were once common terms that are now considered outdated and offensive. In 2010, President Barack Obama signed a measure known as “Rosa’s Law” that replaced the term “mental retardation” with intellectual disability in many areas of government, including federal law.
    From “My Heart Can’t Even Believe It: A Story of Science, Love and Down Syndrome,” (Amy Silverman, Woodbine House, 201

[FONT=&][/FONT][FONT=&]Well then, I can tell you that you're likely going to be very relieved. [/FONT]

Well that is what some parents of children with down syndrome say; except my son does not have down syndrome, and he is more retarded than those with down syndrome. Just because those parents are insulted by my son's diagnosis doesn't help their discriminatory case. How dare they be insulted by my son's diagnosis.

I'd go further and wager they're among the great hidden mysteries of forum life.

Well, you're safe and protected from it, aren't you.

Or maybe it's just you.

Is this your how to make friends outline?

Sure you have. I mean just look at all the people giving you a hard time in the very place where anyone who wanted to could unload on you without consequence. I mean...it's shocking.
You sure try hard to be disliked.
If you're any more restrained you're going to have an aneurysm.

Those are mostly the sort of people who use "retard". Pond scum trying to take what they believe to be as low a shot as can be given.
Like what you just did? So then, you call yourself pond scum, or you don't know that you do? It's called being a hypocrite.
Because when they call someone without a mental disability "retard" it only has strength by connection to your son and people like him. They're insulting both at the same moment.

I like it the way ok doser uses it; but I do not like the way you and Tooleyweed imply it to others.

You need to think harder.

So it's like anyone telling you anything that doesn't suit you then.

And I have six arms and when the sun comes up I glow. To add more made up nonsense to his pile of a proffer.

If she didn't she's on par with you.

Another swing and a miss. You should try baseball, if only to see how it feels to fail in another medium.

Like saying you're never going to sing at the Met, again.

Sod likes to insult the South. He cherry picks the NY history, which is like him, and generally confuses himself on the rest...he's a very bad guy too, by the way.

He is a 'bad guy'?

Okay, that brings us up to date. I'll check back in a couple of days to see what you girls have been up to. :e4e:

The only reason why I decided to reply more in detail to what you said to me was because my friend ok doser cared enough to reply in detail to you.

ok doser

town demonstrates a recognition of my gender:
...he's a very bad guy ...

then, inexplicably, town forgets:
... you girls ...

what possible reason might town have had for calling me a girl?

could it be that when town calls someone without a female gender "you girls" it only has strength by connection to town's imagined perception that women are worthy of disdain?

that sounds to me like the actions of a very bad guy indeed

God's Truth

town demonstrates a recognition of my gender:

then, inexplicably, town forgets:

what possible reason might town have had for calling me a girl?

could it be that when town calls someone without a female gender "you girls" it only has strength by connection to town's imagined perception that women are worthy of disdain?

that sounds to me like the actions of a very bad guy indeed

I was thinking the exact same thing. Town was showing his true feelings about women when he used the female gender to put you down.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
First of all, I never called anyone online retarded.
Well, I didn't say you did, but you have, if inferentially. And for someone who decides that anyone finding fault with someone else's reason is indistinguishable from someone saying "retard" that's pretty funny.

Though I could, and it would be justified.
What have you ever said that you wouldn't say that about?

Well that is what some parents of children with down syndrome say
No, it's much wider than that and I've noted it prior with you. It's a movement.

Just because those parents are insulted by my son's diagnosis doesn't help their discriminatory case. How dare they be insulted by my son's diagnosis.
I'm not sure if it's that you can't get it, or that you just don't want to. Either way, it's not complicated.

Is this your how to make friends outline?
No one would read you, from the moment you entered this conversation, and believe for a moment that this exchange could be about that. You already goofed that chance up when you decided to blame me for your conduct and banning, mistakenly as it turns out.

You sure try hard to be disliked.
It takes an effort for some of us.

Like what you just did?
Not if you understood it, no. What I actually said was the sort of person who said that about your son is the sort of person who uses retard aimed at those without a mental challenge, tying both together in their mind to offer the lowest insult they can. Pond scum.

I like it the way ok doser uses it;
Then you're a sad excuse for a person, with or without the connection that should humanize you but for some reason doesn't.

but I do not like the way you and Tooleyweed imply it to others.
I don't use or imply it. I can't speak for Tooley, but I'd be surprised if you could quote him doing that.

He is a 'bad guy'?
Sod? Absolutely. He uses faith to separate and harm people. He lies routinely to manipulate the unstable and gullible. He uses retard and "find Christ" for the same reason. A very bad fellow.

The only reason why I decided to reply more in detail to what you said to me was because my friend ok doser cared enough to reply in detail to you.
He's not your friend. He's simply happy to have someone share in his obsession and hostility. He thinks your work based salvation is contrary to scripture. It probably doesn't really matter to him. Certainly it doesn't matter as much as you continuing this with me at the moment. And that should, but likely won't wake you.

Your peculiar read-in on the "girls" comment was off the mark as well. It's a long standing comment I've made about sod and a couple of others who will gather to talk about me or make threads about me. Not many people, but a determined and twisted group. Listening in is like reading the diary of 15 year old girls talking about an ex. So I mostly don't.

I also don't respect men or women for their sex. I respect people for their character and the quality of their reason.

God's Truth

Well, I didn't say you did, but you have, if inferentially. And for someone who decides that anyone finding fault with someone else's reason is indistinguishable from someone saying "retard" that's pretty funny.

What have you ever said that you wouldn't say that about?

No, it's much wider than that and I've noted it prior with you. It's a movement.

I'm not sure if it's that you can't get it, or that you just don't want to. Either way, it's not complicated.

No one would read you, from the moment you entered this conversation, and believe for a moment that this exchange could be about that. You already goofed that chance up when you decided to blame me for your conduct and banning, mistakenly as it turns out.

It takes an effort for some of us.

Not if you understood it, no. What I actually said was the sort of person who said that about your son is the sort of person who uses retard aimed at those without a mental challenge, tying both together in their mind to offer the lowest insult they can. Pond scum.

Then you're a sad excuse for a person, with or without the connection that should humanize you but for some reason doesn't.

I don't use or imply it. I can't speak for Tooley, but I'd be surprised if you could quote him doing that.

Sod? Absolutely. He uses faith to separate and harm people. He lies routinely to manipulate the unstable and gullible. He uses retard and "find Christ" for the same reason. A very bad fellow.

He's not your friend. He's simply happy to have someone share in his obsession and hostility. He thinks your work based salvation is contrary to scripture. It probably doesn't really matter to him. Certainly it doesn't matter as much as you continuing this with me at the moment. And that should, but likely won't wake you.

Your peculiar read-in on the "girls" comment was off the mark as well. It's a long standing comment I've made about sod and a couple of others who will gather to talk about me or make threads about me. Not many people, but a determined and twisted group. Listening in is like reading the diary of 15 year old girls talking about an ex. So I mostly don't.

I also don't respect men or women for their sex. I respect people for their character and the quality of their reason.

Nothing you said here was true, right, or helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.