Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This one thinks we're listening. :popcorn:
I literally said I never expect you to listen. You're not about that.

Why are you down here with us subhumans? You're above us, remember?
Let me know when you finish putting the last varnish on those goalposts. Odd.

You aren't welcome here.
Are you speaking for the world again? :eek: Seriously, you raised the ego question?

Town is in heaven because we can't post in his threads, but he can come down here and run his mouth.
As with a lot of things, you have it backwards. I started the thread moving again in the spirit of the OP. Then you guys started this sort of thing and the thread moved here.

I get why you wouldn't want me to answer. I wouldn't either if I was you...though if I was you I'd probably find a new hobby.

Some one needs to fix that glaring disparity.
There's no disparity. Here you can troll and whine and in the part of TOL where rules apply you can't.

You should be happy...well, whatever it is that approximates that for you.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:thumb:

Where have you been, Tam? You're a breath of fresh air.
She's been pretending to be unbiased elsewhere, but then she went and couldn't help herself.

Here's the answer to her rush to fulfill that bias she said she didn't have elsewhere:

Anyone who bothered to check the time stamps would.

Here's how easy it is. The post Tam quoted me with but didn't like is from a comment I made responding in the Woodshed.

The timestamp on it? January 28th, 2019, 10:48 PM
10:48 PM
Now, go back to this thread and run a search of my posts. The last one on January 28th was prior to the post noted above, where I wrote about not knowing the rules of the thread we'd been moved to (the Back Alley) and of my intent to unsubscribe, which I did, Tam's attempt to doubt it without looking into it notwithstanding.

My last post of the 28th, at post 781, has this time stamp: January 28th, 2019, 10:26 PM

Or twenty-two minutes after my last post of the 28th I wrote the thing Tam posted from the Woodshed.

My next post in this thread? January 30th. Here's the timestamp from the next post: Today, 3:47TPM

At post 816.

So, I decided to leave the thread, responded to clarify my reporting of conduct I didn't understand to be under a waiver because it was in this thread and then left it at that. Until I changed my mind a couple of days later.

Anyone could understand that, either by taking my word for it, or by easily checking out the posts, but that person would have to approach it objectively.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anyone who bothered to check the time stamps would.

Here's how easy it is. The post Tam quoted me with but didn't like is from a comment I made responding in the Woodshed.

The timestamp on it? January 28th, 2019, 10:48 PM
10:48 PM
Now, go back to this thread and run a search of my posts. The last one on January 28th was prior to the post noted above, where I wrote about not knowing the rules of the thread we'd been moved to (the Back Alley) and of my intent to unsubscribe, which I did, Tam's attempt to doubt it without looking into it notwithstanding.

My last post of the 28th, at post 781, has this time stamp: January 28th, 2019, 10:26 PM

Or twenty-two minutes after my last post of the 28th I wrote the thing Tam posted from the Woodshed.

My next post in this thread? January 30th. Here's the timestamp from the next post: Today, 3:47TPM

At post 816.

So, I decided to leave the thread, responded to clarify my reporting of conduct I didn't understand to be under a waiver because it was in this thread and then left it at that. Until I changed my mind a couple of days later.

Anyone could understand that, either by taking my word for it, or by easily checking out the posts, but that person would have to approach it objectively.

I believe you go out of your way to get in your own way, Tam.

At least you can spell shame...but what you can't do is honestly represent what happened. That's because you're a very bad guy, sod.
You were just blowing some whinny smoke.
Obviously that this thread was moved to the back alley has ZERO to do with whether you participate in the thread or not.
So all your smoke about how you would not participate if you had known it was moved to the back alley was just that ...... smoke.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... what you can't do is honestly represent what happened.

you noticed that mommy had taken your artwork down from the front of the fridge to make room for the other kids' pictures, discovered that she had thrown it away and went into an emotional tailspin

first you angrily vented your displeasure, shouted "you'll all be sorry when i'm gone!", stomped off to your room and slammed the door, then a couple days later snuck back out in the middle of the night to gather up the rest of your pictures, ran back to your room and sulked for a month

it was hilarious! :darwinsm:

do it again!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
More smoke.
I have never claimed to be unbiased as a poster anywhere.
:rotfl: You go out of your way to illustrate my point and think any reasonable soul would believe your bias stops at any door?

It's part of who you are, Tam. It didn't even occur to you to do a simple thing that would go against your inclination.

Ah, well. Bless your heart.

glorydaz

And there it is again, the ego thing. I think your life must be a mess.

Your life certainly is a mess, Mr. EGO. To the boss you pretend to be so far above the rest.

Town Heretic has also reported this item.

Reason:
Actually, I was moved along with the thread into the "back alley" which isn't a place I've ever intentionally frequented, so I had no idea that whatever restrictions were set out didn't apply and I had no particular reason to go back to post 6 to find that out. If I had known I wouldn't have posted there again or reported any posts.

Now I do. Not a problem. As simple as unsubscribing.

WATCH FOR IT: Whenever Town uses the word ACTUALLY, be ready for the LIE and the slime trail to start flowing from his lips. "Actually, I was moved along with the thread to the Back Alley..."

He was simply "moved along", unbeknownst to him. :chuckle:

If it's as simple as "unsubscribing"...as you led Sherman to believe, WHY are you here spreading more of your slime? Why are you here defending yourself, if you don't have a serious persecution complex. Why are you here if you can't stand having any of us post on your threads?

I'll tell you why. You're a hypocrite. You want to be able to put others down, but refuse to be questioned about any of the garbage you spout. Weirdo

glorydaz

you noticed that mommy had taken your artwork down from the front of the fridge to make room for the other kids' pictures, discovered that she had thrown it away and went into an emotional tailspin

first you angrily vented your displeasure, shouted "you'll all be sorry when i'm gone!", stomped off to your room and slammed the door, then a couple days later snuck back out in the middle of the night to gather up the rest of your pictures, ran back to your room and sulked for a month

it was hilarious! :darwinsm:

do it again!

:first:

ok doser

Your life certainly is a mess, Mr. EGO. To the boss you pretend to be so far above the rest.

Town Heretic has also reported this item.

Reason:
Actually, I was moved along with the thread into the "back alley" which isn't a place I've ever intentionally frequented, so I had no idea that whatever restrictions were set out didn't apply and I had no particular reason to go back to post 6 to find that out. If I had known I wouldn't have posted there again or reported any posts.

Now I do. Not a problem. As simple as unsubscribing.

WATCH FOR IT: Whenever Town uses the word ACTUALLY, be ready for the LIE and the slime trail to start flowing from his lips. "Actually, I was moved along with the thread to the Back Alley..."

He was simply "moved along", unbeknownst to him. :chuckle:

If it's as simple as "unsubscribing"...as you led Sherman to believe, WHY are you here spreading more of your slime? Why are you here defending yourself, if you don't have a serious persecution complex. Why are you here if you can't stand having any of us post on your threads?

I'll tell you why. You're a hypocrite. You want to be able to put others down, but refuse to be questioned about any of the garbage you spout. Weirdo

he could be a spokesman for Nathan Phillips

ok doser

ya know what's really hilarious?

artie's having an aneurysm right now because yesterday he said he was putting me on perma-ignore :darwinsm:

glorydaz

Three in a row, Doser. You bad bad boy.

Reason:
A violation, among a few, of Sherman's decision for us to not speak to one another or about one another.

Reason:
Taking the fag bit and running with it. Peculiar, but that's life for people who blame their problems and conduct on others. They can't really see themselves...or they just don't care.

Reason:
A different form of the same thing noted in my last.

it never crossed my mind to report him for posting after me, to make the claim he did

what did his report in the woodshed say?

Not much....just griping about us talking to him and the fag reference. I posted them already (see above).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
the spirit of the OP was that of a callout thread by the bananahead to blame knight for zoo's loss of faith (and her own) because knight protected me and stripe
No, it wasn't, but the OP is still there for anyone who wants to read it. She linked to a conversation where she and Knight had a fairly strong difference of opinion...I don't agree with anna about the responsibility for faith being in the hands of others, though I do understand that how we comport ourselves as Christians in witness is important. I think we're responsible for our walk and for keeping an intimate relationship with Christ. If how others who lay claim to that faith could impact mine I'd question how that faith was seated, in what.

I also believe that it's vital to be and remain a part of a community of faith, that we are meant for that close fellowship and that nothing will really substitute for its value.

But I understand her concern about how those of us who love Christ comport ourselves. Sometimes we aren't at our best. On a very bad day we could discourage those who need encouragement. It's just inevitable that we'll fail someone, ourselves, and that's one more reason for reliance on and gratitude for grace.

i started the thread moving in the spirit of the OP the night before you jumped in
No, you revived the thread by copying a goofy post you'd set a long time before that.

On the plus side, it brought the thread into the active group and I used it to post a thought I'd had seeing someone I knew who'd gone through that process. Well, it was a plus until you saw it as an opportunity to get my attention again.

Okay, you kids have fun with the diary. I'll check back in at some point. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.