Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Shugart

Would it be too much to ask that we return to the subject of this thread?

Since the subject of this thread is about the loss of faith then does anyone want to try to identify the "truth" which the Apostle John refers to in the following passage?:

"The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever"
(2 Jn.1-2).​

I say that it is the same truth that James speaks of here:

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" (Jas.1:18).​

Thanks!

glorydaz

Would it be too much to ask that we return to the subject of this thread?

Since the subject of this thread is about the loss of faith then does anyone want to try to identify the "truth" which the Apostle John refers to in the following passage?:

"The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever"
(2 Jn.1-2).​

I say that it is the same truth that James speaks of here:

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" (Jas.1:18).​

Thanks!

I'll say one thing for you, Jerry. You're a one trick pony.

Which is good if you're good at it. :think:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
so, where was i - oh yes, posting on topic:
it strikes me that anna has been expecting the lamps here to be well trimmed, freshly cleaned chimneys, polished, turned down to a nice, even mellow glow
images

and while there are indeed plenty of those here (or have been), she prefers to point at the flickering, guttering lamps, the lamps with smoky chimneys, poorly trimmed wicks, watery oil, or the lamps that are blinding in their intensity, or the lamps that are strobes, or the lamps that for whatever reason are under a bushel, or the lamps that are constantly going out - she prefers to point at those imperfect lamps and blame them for not leading her to the destination she thinks she deserves

tell ya what anna - go out in the real world and light your own lamp

i'll don the saintly halo and suggest that we can all stand to examine our witness and trim those wicks, polish those chimneys, top off the oil and accept that not everyone is going to be able to see by the light we shine

which brings me back to a point i made long ago in this thread - i trust in Christ to gather in all of His sheep that stray

i suggest that those who wish to blame others for their failing faith look inward and do the same :)

Arthur Brain

You do all your whining for Town. :chuckle:

What do I have to whine for Town about?

:AMR:

I'm outta here so go blame the guy for any and all infractions and chuckle about it some more if you want. Doser's allowed back now so his inevitable trolling will no doubt find good favour with you eh?

Have fun kids.

:e4e:

Arthur Brain

You were whining about poor picked on Town and poor picked on Anna. Just like you always do.

TH has never been "picked on" by anyone so get a grip ya silly goof. You were the one whining that he caused people to be banned so once again, get a grip.

:dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.