Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosenritter

Anna, I see where you're coming from, but keep in mind: If someone's driven from the faith in part because of the behavior of other believers, that's often taken as a sign that the heretic was never "really" in the faith, and good riddance. A way of separating chaff from wheat, as it were. Never, ever expect hard-core believers to feel remorse or the least little bit of guilt for "outing" someone who was "faking" their faith; if anything, they take pride in it.

Not necessarily.

Luke 17:1-2 KJV
(1) Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!
(2) It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Arthur Brain

IIRC, Anna is ex Catholic and had expressed major problems with that church. Yet she was still somewhat defensive of it, to the point of sometimes getting hostile about it being examined. So I never knew how much of her story to believe and in fact got to where I didn't believe anything she said.

Shame for you then because anna was one of the most honest posters on the forum. Those who actually know her know that.

Nobody flips from conservative to archliberal like that. She may have been a moby.

Considering she's not an "archliberal" anyway, then you're either delusional or lying. She didn't "flip" from one position to another overnight either and for those of us that know her and are glad to count her among our friends then your post is nothing other than trolling. Heck, if you've got nothing better to do than gossip about someone who hasn't even posted on here for months then it says everything there is to know about you, none of it good.

Where'd she go, anyway?

Pastures new, away from the likes of you.

Anna ran away?

Probably because she couldn't handle free speech.

Someone else who doesn't know anna or her views then.

:hammer:

musterion

Shame for you then because anna was one of the most honest posters on the forum. Those who actually know her know that.

Considering she's not an "archliberal" anyway, then you're either delusional or lying. She didn't "flip" from one position to another overnight either and for those of us that know her and are glad to count her among our friends then your post is nothing other than trolling. Heck, if you've got nothing better to do than gossip about someone who hasn't even posted on here for months then it says everything there is to know about you, none of it good.

Pastures new, away from the likes of you.

Someone else who doesn't know anna or her views then.

:hammer:

TOL is too advanced for you. Go read the Daily Star, more your speed.

Arthur Brain

TOL is too advanced for you. Go read the Daily Star, more your speed.

I wouldn't read that rag for free although it would still be in advance of the dross you've posted about anna. Stop gossiping and lying about someone you clearly know nothing about and start showing some fruits of the spirit for once.

Arthur Brain

Just shut up, AB, I'm not even reading your post. You are so bad off, your retardation is retarded.

No, your lies and gossip about anna is something that you should not only be embarrassed but sorry about.

Anna is far more intelligent, honest and compassionate than you could ever hope not to be.

:plain:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Doser don't beg to be added back to this thread. You are starting to be a pest in this thread. I abominate this kind behavior where members have the follow others around. Leave well enough alone.

Now that Town Heretic is gone, surely he should be allowed to post again. :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Anna is far more intelligent, honest and compassionate than you could ever hope not to be.
Anna is a remarkable person. When I first crossed swords with her we argued politics and application of principle. She was consistently to the right, but she was always ready and willing to consider other points of view. I think it was that willingness that moved her, over time, out of some positions that were more owed to her traditions than reflection. She was also willing to consider how some of those traditions found unfortunate and repeated expression in the world. I suspect that was true of her growing dissatisfaction with some serious aspects of Catholicism in practice.

Anyone taking personal shots at her back needs to rethink, or think through that position and separate whatever personal animus drives it from the more honest facts.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bring back Koban!
Bring back Koban!
Bring back Koban!

It's the right thing to do. :thumb:

WizardofOz

Anna is a remarkable person. When I first crossed swords with her we argued politics and application of principle. She was consistently to the right, but she was always ready and willing to consider other points of view. I think it was that willingness that moved her, over time, out of some positions that were more owed to her traditions than reflection. She was also willing to consider how some of those traditions found unfortunate and repeated expression in the world. I suspect that was true of her growing dissatisfaction with some serious aspects of Catholicism in practice.

Anyone taking personal shots at her back needs to rethink, or think through that position and separate whatever personal animus drives it from the more honest facts.

That's TOL for you. Some people grow while others become even more stuck in place.

Arthur Brain

:thumb:

:blabla:

:troll:

:troll:

WizardofOz

:yawn:

Name names or go home, coward.

[MENTION=4167]Stripe[/MENTION] is a complete idiot when it comes to science. Reading his posts about biology and geology makes for great comedy. It would be even funnier if it wasn't also so tragic. He probably realizes some of his more egregious missteps but is now too entrenched (stuck in place) to admit these errors.

:mock:Stripe fumbling when discussing anything science related

How did I do? Was that brave enough to satisfy this 'name names' challenge you're currently stuck on?

Be careful what you ask for...

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stripe is a complete idiot when it comes to science.
OK, a challenge. Let's remember its basis:

Some people grow while others become even more stuck in place.

My ideas on science were turned upsidedown in no small part due to conversations I had on here. I listened in awe as people like BobB, [MENTION=13042]rocketman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2451]The Berean[/MENTION] outlined their ideas. My investigations linked to TOL dialogue with Memento Mori led me to contribute in no small part to a physics book that overturns and replaces relativity. I've "surprised" those who touted their physics background in their user name. Geology majors thanked me for my time. I've held my own against biologists.

We had discussions about the moon that tickled the very edges of the study of orbital mechanics.

Oh, and someone once tried to teach me about the inner workings of tsunami. That was a hoot. :chuckle:

No growth? When I arrived at TOL I knew nothing in comparison, and it showed.

Be careful what you ask for...
What I ask for is that you present your ideas sensibly and defend them rationally. Blanket passive-aggressive statements like your "some people" are boring.

How did I do? Was that brave enough to satisfy this 'name names' challenge you're currently stuck on?
It's a start.

So far we've got your idea.

Now, how about something to back it up? What is the most idiotic thing I have said on the subject of science?

Status
Not open for further replies.