This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
    In 2010, President Barack Obama signed a measure known as “Rosa’s Law” that replaced the term “mental retardation” with intellectual disability in many areas of government, including federal law.
    Many areas of government, especially federal law, are retarded.
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
      Many areas of government, especially federal law, are retarded.
      Many people, especially these days, are willing to submit their character to something beneath it in the mistaken belief that the ends will justify their means.
      You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

No, it's much wider than that and I've noted it prior with you. It's a movement.
        i can start a more meaningful movement with a bottle of ex-lax

Town, to GO:
        Then you're a sad excuse for a person
        you sir, are a filthy scumbag
        Last edited by ok doser; February 9th, 2019, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
          First of all, I never called anyone online retarded.
          Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
          ... you have, if inferentially.
          now that's retarded!

Comment

Well, I didn't say you did, but you have, if inferentially. And for someone who decides that anyone finding fault with someone else's reason is indistinguishable from someone saying "retard" that's pretty funny.

What have you ever said that you wouldn't say that about?

No, it's much wider than that and I've noted it prior with you. It's a movement.

I'm not sure if it's that you can't get it, or that you just don't want to. Either way, it's not complicated.

No one would read you, from the moment you entered this conversation, and believe for a moment that this exchange could be about that. You already goofed that chance up when you decided to blame me for your conduct and banning, mistakenly as it turns out.

It takes an effort for some of us.

Not if you understood it, no. What I actually said was the sort of person who said that about your son is the sort of person who uses retard aimed at those without a mental challenge, tying both together in their mind to offer the lowest insult they can. Pond scum.

Then you're a sad excuse for a person, with or without the connection that should humanize you but for some reason doesn't.

I don't use or imply it. I can't speak for Tooley, but I'd be surprised if you could quote him doing that.

Sod? Absolutely. He uses faith to separate and harm people. He lies routinely to manipulate the unstable and gullible. He uses retard and "find Christ" for the same reason. A very bad fellow.

He's not your friend. He's simply happy to have someone share in his obsession and hostility. He thinks your work based salvation is contrary to scripture. It probably doesn't really matter to him. Certainly it doesn't matter as much as you continuing this with me at the moment. And that should, but likely won't wake you.

Your peculiar read-in on the "girls" comment was off the mark as well. It's a long standing comment I've made about sod and a couple of others who will gather to talk about me or make threads about me. Not many people, but a determined and twisted group. Listening in is like reading the diary of 15 year old girls talking about an ex. So I mostly don't.

I also don't respect men or women for their sex. I respect people for their character and the quality of their reason.
            Nothing you said here was true, right, or helpful.
            Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

Many people, especially these days, are willing to submit their character to something beneath it in the mistaken belief that the ends will justify their means.
              You just are not qualified to school anyone on the use of the word 'retarded'. I hereby give my consent to the use of the word to everyone but you.

Comment

...that's pretty funny.
                and you wonder why people hate you

I respect people for their character and the quality of their reason.

Comment

You just are not qualified to school anyone on the use of the word 'retarded'. I hereby give my consent to the use of the word to everyone but you.
                  you are entitled to give consent, by virtue of being the parent of a mentally handicapped child

still puzzling over why town thinks that he is entitled to give or withhold consent

seems kinda retarded to me

Comment

• Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                    you are entitled to give consent, by virtue of being the parent of a mentally handicapped child

still puzzling over why town thinks that he is entitled to give or withhold consent

seems kinda retarded to me
                    Thanks, ok doser, I have enjoyed are comradeship on this.

Comment

When out in public, an older woman called him 'stupid', another time someone said I should keep my animal at home.
                      those people are mean-spirited and should be admonished and avoided

Those are mostly the sort of people who use "retard"...
                      in a hurtful way against those who are deserving of patience and understanding, yes

Pond scum trying to take what they believe to be as low a shot as can be given.
                      that's your imagination working overtime - it may be true in some cases, in most i would suspect it was carelessness and insensitivity

Because when they call someone without a mental disability "retard" it only has strength by connection to your son and people like him.
                      now that's just silly

and more than a little revealing

"your son and people like him"

[MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION] - are there any people like your son, or do you believe your son is an individual? I suspect you know other handicapped children, or adults, who are more profoundly disabled than your son, and some who are less profoundly disabled

They're insulting both at the same moment.
                      no more so than my statement that you are intellectually crippled is insulting to people with spina bifada

Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
                      Like what you just did? So then, you call yourself pond scum, or you don't know that you do? It's called being a hypocrite.
                      he does tend to step in the crap he's shoveling fairly often, doesn't he?

Comment

those people are mean-spirited and should be admonished and avoided

in a hurtful way against those who are deserving of patience and understanding, yes

that's your imagination working overtime - it may be true in some cases, in most i would suspect it was carelessness and insensitivity

now that's just silly

and more than a little revealing

[MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION] - are there any people like your son, or do you believe your son is an individual? I suspect you know other handicapped children, or adults, who are more profoundly disabled than your son, and some who are less profoundly disabled

no more so than my statement that you are intellectually crippled is insulting to people with spina bifada

he does tend to step in the crap he's shoveling fairly often, doesn't he?
                        If you don't mind my saying so, I think you have a good heart and maybe why I was never offended by you using the word retarded. We might not have the exact same beliefs about the gospel, but you helped me out like a good Samaritan when I needed it. Thanks.

Comment

If you don't mind my saying so, I think you have a good heart and maybe why I was never offended by you using the word retarded.
                          If you weren't offended by his use you're really no different in that regard, so why would you be offended?

We might not have the exact same beliefs about the gospel
                          If by that you mean he rejects your works for salvation, assuming he cares (certainly neither of you appear to prioritize it above coming together to go after me...which is an interesting consideration.

Well, you have your priorities.

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                          Right. Like her son. People with varying degrees of mental disability.

@God's Truth - are there any people like your son, or do you believe your son is an individual?
                          That's a false dichotomy. Everyone can be an individual and still be alike in any number of meaningful ways.

I suspect you know other handicapped children, or adults, who are more profoundly disabled than your son, and some who are less profoundly disabled
                          Let's just hope she owns a dictionary that has the definition of "like" in it. You don't appear to...so maybe she won't.

Nothing you said here was true, right, or helpful.
                          If that was true you wouldn't substitute a string of declarations for reasoned rebuttal.

Or maybe you're a sock. I've never seen two actual people with a rift of that consequence in religious terms, one they pretend to be meaningful to them, cozy up and ignore it like you this...a sock or you're just using religion the way he does, only he's better at it so far.

You're entitled to hand out unsupportable declarations in lieu of argument supported by fact, after a similar fashion.

Pro-Life

Comment

People with varying degrees of mental disability.
                            on one end of the scale, we have low-functioning individuals, like her son

on the other end, high functioning individuals, like you

of course, in your case it's not a matter of cognitive impairment, it's more a lack of understanding of or willingness to adhere to moral values - like an autistic you find it difficult to recognize social norms

Comment

on one end of the scale, we have low-functioning individuals, like her son
                              on the other end, high functioning individuals, like you
                              See Sod. See Sod try to cobble something that has nothing to do with what was actually said or why.

Again:
                              Right. Like her son. People with varying degrees of mental disability.

Sod tried to trot out a false dichotomy and is now in search of the next distortion.

But the beginning was this::
                              When out in public, an older woman called him 'stupid', another time someone said I should keep my animal at home.
                              Those are mostly the sort of people who use "retard". Pond scum trying to take what they believe to be as low a shot as can be given. Because when they call someone without a mental disability "retard" it only has strength by connection to your son and people like him. They're insulting both at the same moment.
                              In a way, GT is worse than you on the point, sod, assuming GT is actually someone else. Because she claims to have a child with a severe mental handicap and uses and even defends your usage of the term. Between that and abandoning the thing she claimed as God's Truth in a near missionary frenzy of activity on the other site, before waving hand at it here to hold yours, well, she's either as rudderless as you, is in fact you, or has a substantive problem with reasoning.

Pro-Life

Comment

People with varying degrees of mental disability.
                                it's not surprising that you don't recognize your disability, or are unwilling to acknowledge it. Very few psychopaths believe themselves to be ill.

Comment

Working...
                                X