Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The OP title is plain enough:
Conversation with Knight about losing faith

You took pains to link to his comments and the intent was clear.

This thread is but a continuation of your observation:

Now in this thread you note:

Is it not your intent to use the example of Knight to draw conclusions that (1) either he is wrong-headed or (2) you suspect other views are possible? No matter how you couch the OP the conclusions you hope to draw involve at least Knight is wrong or Knight is correct.

How am I not addressing the OP?

As to the specific title of your OP, it is my firm conviction from the whole counsel of Scripture that one does not lose their faith, for if they did, they never possessed faith in the first place. Further it has been my view all along that if one is looking to others for the well-being and not the damaging of their faith, then perhaps they should be focusing their attention elsewhere.

Now you can caution in the OP that the topic is not about your "Other" views, but you do not get the privilege of basically calling out persons who behave not according to your "Other" standards, and not expect to be questioned about your standards.

AMR

Of course I think Knight's attitude is wrong. That shouldn't need clarification.

Here's my OP:

This attitude is astounding to me. Does it reflect your views as a Christian as well? If I could post a poll, I would. I'm interested in what other Christians have to say, and why.

It's an important topic to me, and your answers are important to me.

Also, for those who fixate on my "Other" designation: this thread isn't about what I believe, it's about what you believe.

Would you like to share whether or not Knight's views as reflected in the conversation reflect your views? If not, then thanks for stopping by.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Indeed.

Fellowship implies seeking out those that walk the same paths. Being a good judge of these persons takes time, prayer, and effort. The TOL ignore feature helps mightily for those that have "itching ears" and not steeped in their faith enough to just pass over their posts. Even then, I have well over a hundred on ignore, simply because I prefer not to clutter my mind's eye with heresy and trivialities.

Being a good steward means using the time God gives one wisely. It seems she is squandering that precious time on matters such as this, when more weighty matters need to be worked out by her.

AMR

Thank you for being so much more perfect than me.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Apparently that's something she's not able to do since she has such a problem with the place so I just don't see why she feels the need to hang around here when she's made it very clear it affects her in such a negative way.

:idunno:

Generally people do what they can to avoid things they don't like.

I can understand why you don't see it. But I've managed pretty well, and thank you for your concern.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
you would know that tol does not represent christianity
if
you had any experience with christians outside of tol

But I think it does, because I think the anonymity here allows them to say things to unbelievers (or Catholics) that they wouldn't say to their face. So maybe the whole time your neighbor is making friendly conversation, he's really thinking "this Romanist is going to hell..."

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
But even if we disagree in the way we disagree :) it doesn't change the fact that I like you.

I know you like me, and you know i like you, however I think you think I have a bad attitude about people who are black, which is not true. rather I do have maybe too much presumptuous and a negative attitude about young liberal write people, and I admit to that.

A friend who is like an adopted daughter, has told me I am a bit nasty to liberal white people.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I know you like me, and you know i like you, however I think you think I have a bad attitude about people who are black, which is not true. rather I do have maybe too much presumptuous and a negative attitude about young liberal write people, and I admit to that.

A friend who is like an adopted daughter, has told me I am a bit nasty to liberal white people.

I have been taken aback by some of the things you've said about Blacks and homosexuals, that's true. If I've misinterpreted what you've said, then maybe that's something we can go back to some time and talk more about.

And I know what you think about liberals. :chuckle:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
you would know that tol does not represent christianity
if
you had any experience with christians outside of tol

But I think it does, because I think the anonymity here allows them to say things to unbelievers (or Catholics) that they wouldn't say to their face. So maybe the whole time your neighbor is making friendly conversation, he's really thinking "this Romanist is going to hell..."

here we are a minority
and
in the real world we dominate everyone

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
annabenedetti
I would be glad to, and you may be half right, from your point of view, which BTW is the point of view held by many white liberals on heterosexually.

I mean you would be wrong to assume i have any negative attitude about African Americans ( I do not like the hyphenated term because it assumes regular Americans) as my feeling about the 'race issue' is this is all folly, there should be no negativity based on ones looks, yet there is and I know it, however, the only neighbours i visit, which is seldom, as I seldom visit neighbours are the single one back family, they are very well off, te-he, who lives in this little up-tight burg here.

I think that are mainly. well, it would be better for me to say i am not fond of many of them, alright, and I know some made few remarks about black people, in general, as if they were still 60s ' race' minded fools. They seemed to me, they may have been put off by my stating my friend is my daughter in law, which embarrassed her, and may have put off those morons.

Now here is where I admit you are right. I do not approve of homosexuals, and it is not all religion as to reasons why. I have felt more angry at them now than befo0er because I read thongs here, not so much on the national news, which seems to 'get my goat; if I still have one?

What really bothers me is the sickness, as i perceive it, of boys wanting to be girls, and gills wanting to be boys, although the latter seems less so, as far as I read here.

In conclusion you are right, I do not like homosexuals and less so when they act like or try to be like the opposite sex. You are wrong about my being less than even-minded about what we still have to call, although some i know who are back seem to get my sense of this/

glorydaz

I think you think I have a bad attitude about people .

That right there is the absolute worst....not saying that Anna, in particular, does so....but, when someone thinks they know your motives/feelings, and they are dead wrong, it makes you wonder if it isn't they, themselves, that have those motives/feelings. Projecting is all too common around here. It's everywhere. I've never seen so many bad guessers in all my life. :chuckle:

If I had even 1% of the hate I've been accused of having, I'd be wearing a KKK hoodie and carrying a swastika branding iron.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
That right there is the absolute worst....not saying that Anna, in particular, does so....but, when someone thinks they know your motives/feelings, and they are dead wrong, it makes you wonder if it isn't they, themselves, that have those motives/feelings. Projecting is all too common around here. It's everywhere. I've never seen so many bad guessers in all my life. :chuckle:

If I had even 1% of the hate I've been accused of having, I'd be wearing a KKK hoodie and carrying a swastika branding iron.

yep

you gotta laugh at it

mocking helps too :banana:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You are unconsciously racist and biased and just don't know it, liberals know your heart better than you do, haven't you learned that yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.