Women and Shoe Stores!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin (Wiccan)

The men-folk should tear down all shoe stores.

I mean, come on ... think about it! The guys here, we have a pair of shoes for work, and a pair of shoes for casual, and maybe a pair to work around the house. Most of the women I know have at least forty-seven pairs. We keep our shoes until they absolutely fall apart ... when they get a new outfit, they have to get a new pair of shoes. And I don't know about you guys, but my wife and I cannot even walk near a shoe store without my wife demanding that we go in "Oh, just for a moment."

If we tore down all the shoe stores, it would make life so much easier.

C

cattyfan

look in the closet and you'll understand the need for a few more pairs of shoes.

Women are expected to dress differently than men...more colors...wider variety of styles for dressing up and dressing down...men (most, anyway,) don't wear high heels (which shouldn't be worn with everything)...

And women are offered a wider variety of shoes. Why not take advantage of the opportunity?

My husband's dress shoes cost $125. With the same amount of money, I bought three pair of shoes and had money left over.

and I don't always have multiples of similar shoes. I have one pair of sports shoes (their not tennis shoes, so I don't know what to call 'em.)...it's the same pair I've had for almost six years. I like 'em.

SOTK

Justin (Wiccan) said:

I mean, come on ... think about it! The guys here, we have a pair of shoes for work, and a pair of shoes for casual, and maybe a pair to work around the house. Most of the women I know have at least forty-seven pairs. We keep our shoes until they absolutely fall apart ... when they get a new outfit, they have to get a new pair of shoes. And I don't know about you guys, but my wife and I cannot even walk near a shoe store without my wife demanding that we go in "Oh, just for a moment."

:chuckle:

I relate!

In all seriousness though, my wife and I are on very tight budget and she does well not buying things that she doesn't need. :)

dRock

that's ok. according to recent studies...which i had to do myself...SPALE makes a GREAT napalm. we can just use that.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
drock said:
Lets Burn 'em All!!!

Well, can we at least burn these? :shocked:

Lovejoy

cattyfan said:
look in the closet and you'll understand the need for a few more pairs of shoes.

Women are expected to dress differently than men...more colors...wider variety of styles for dressing up and dressing down...men (most, anyway,) don't wear high heels (which shouldn't be worn with everything)...

And women are offered a wider variety of shoes. Why not take advantage of the opportunity?

My husband's dress shoes cost $125. With the same amount of money, I bought three pair of shoes and had money left over.

and I don't always have multiples of similar shoes. I have one pair of sports shoes (their not tennis shoes, so I don't know what to call 'em.)...it's the same pair I've had for almost six years. I like 'em.

Actually, told from the perspective of a former athletic trainer, you should replace athletic shoes just as soon as they stop offering ideal support. And cheap dress shoes are podiatric death.

Lovejoy

DocHoliday said:
last time we used SPALE we melted my tri-cycle :(
You'll be reimbursed for that, just as soon as we turn a profit. Which is currently slated for the next ice age, when the half-life of SPALE will make it the only viable food source. Can you wait?

Lovejoy

Justin (Wiccan) said:

I will authorize "research" on the "business model" of Payless shoes. By which I mean, of course, burning down their corporate office and scattering the ashes into the Van Allen belt.

C

cattyfan

Lovejoy said:
Actually, told from the perspective of a former athletic trainer, you should replace athletic shoes just as soon as they stop offering ideal support. And cheap dress shoes are podiatric death.

I probably only wear the sports shoes 4 or 5 times a year. They're from customatix (which I'm not sure exists anymore.) I designed 'em myself...in Milwaukee Bucks colored suede. Very comfy.

I ususally get decent dress shoes...but I hunt for sales. There's something very satisfying about buying stuff at half price or better :D

Lovejoy

cattyfan said:
I probably only wear the sports shoes 4 or 5 times a year. They're from customatix (which I'm not sure exists anymore.) I designed 'em myself...in Milwaukee Bucks colored suede. Very comfy.

I ususally get decent dress shoes...but I hunt for sales. There's something very satisfying about buying stuff at half price or better :D
No doubt! Especially when you have any idea what they are actually worth (in material and labor). I used to get all my athletic shoes at cost because of my contacts.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
cattyfan said:
socks and sandals....that's just wrong on so many fronts.... :nono:

"Friends don't let friends wear socks and sandals."

C

cattyfan

Lovejoy said:
No doubt! Especially when you have any idea what they are actually worth (in material and labor). I used to get all my athletic shoes at cost because of my contacts.

At cost! :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.