my take on life and god!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek8570

ebenz47037 said:
You know, Derek, I used to feel the same way. God doesn't affect everyone in the same manner. Your mother sounds like she puts too much faith in "the church" and not enough faith in God.

You are right in saying that not one of us is worthy of the gift God gave us when He sent His son. But, all we have to do is accept that gift. We don't have to pay for what happened in Eden. God does not hold any man responsible for the sins of his father. We are responsible for the choices we make. When Adam and Eve chose to disobey God, they lost access to God in the garden. God re-introduced Himself to later generations, but instead of us being where God was, God came to where we were.
ya but wouldnt YOU rather be in the garden of eden then here?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
derek8570 said:
ya but wouldnt YOU rather be in the garden of eden then here?

Oh yeah. Who wouldn't? But, to be in the garden is to be in God's presence. We are promised that if we have faith in Christ, we will be in God's presence. IOW, who needs the garden if we can sit at His feet and ask Him what we want to know?

The Berean

derek8570 said:
i wish it were. it'd make money on tv with all the other no-nonsense shows. :D

Yeah, I've had issues with WOF preachers for years. My wife is into WOF so that makes life interesting sometimes...

derek8570

now heres my thoughts on credit cards and house payments. well first of all credit cards are a snakebite due to their interest they charge. thus ive never had one and never will! now the term mortage is a deathgrip. you pay till you die. will guess what not happening to me. i like to pay for stuff all cash. :p

Last edited:

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
derek8570 said:
now heres my thoughts on credit cards and house payments. well first of all credit cards are a snakebite due to their intest they charge. thus ive never had one and never will! now the term mortage is a deathgrip. you pay till you die. will guess what not happening to me. i like to pay for stuff all cash. :p

Well, I have no credit cards. So, I'm safe there. But, I do have a mortgage. According to the contract, it will be paid off when I'm about 60. But, then, there are also property taxes that I will pay for the rest of my life. Everything else is paid for in cash, pretty much.

The biggest reason I decided to buy a house (and pay a mortgage) is because the mortgage payment is cheaper than rent.

derek8570

cuz the problems with mortages. they are like a car payment stretched way out. who knows if ur gonna live to see it payed off etc etc. plus they charge you with some interest also. thats why i dont mess with 401k. ya im gonna live that long to collect. not a guarantee. :zoomin:

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have no problem paying my mortgage. Like I said, it's cheaper than renting the same sized house with land.

My husband didn't live long enough to receive his retirement package, but thanks to him, I don't have to work and can continue homeschooling my daughter.

derek8570

now for the whole star wars craze. when i was a kid(my mom says im still one) i had the pleasure of seein them all in the theatres. i like them and all i even have the newest on a pirate disc, but im not obbsessed over them. in my opinion george lucas just wants to pit good vs. evil in the stars. how would this series go if it were earth based? his opinion of the "force" is the soul that transforms into the force. plus he refers to annakin not having a father. so that points to the bibles virgin birth. well all i can say to mr. lucas is look to god for peace and not the stars. all your life answers are in the good book. :readthis:

derek8570

Crow said:
Sugar, I'm eligible for MENSA. What you just said was beyond ordinary stupidity, and enters the realm of hyperstupidity. Warp stupidity!
lol dont boast a definite no no in the good book. :devil:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
derek8570 said:
now heres my thoughts on credit cards and house payments. well first of all credit cards are a snakebite due to their interest they charge. thus ive never had one and never will! now the term mortage is a deathgrip. you pay till you die. will guess what not happening to me. i like to pay for stuff all cash. :p

are you actually 35 years old?

Status
Not open for further replies.