freelight's cosmic cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Good point. Experiences are the best teachers. Some, however, think truth can only be found in the experiences of others captured in miniature snapshots in texts claiming the authority of God.

:)

Sadly seems to be the case (those stuck on believing in the 'inerrancy' or 'infallibility' of a mere 'book'),.....when 'truth' is about the totality of existence, our experience of it, which includes all our relationships in space, and how it unfolds in time. As far as religious texts go,...I enjoy a variety of them from different religious traditions, each have something of interest and value to contribute to the whole.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Spirit alone is life.................

Spirit alone is life.................

Good point. Experiences are the best teachers. Some, however, think truth can only be found in the experiences of others captured in miniature snapshots in texts claiming the authority of God.

"the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life"

Religious writings certainly have their place to guide the intellect along the proper paths to be receptive to the Spirit-power of 'God'.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
ECT in the hot seat.....

ECT in the hot seat.....

~*~*~

For those interested in my commentaries on 'eternal punishment' of the wicked, or ECT (eternal conscious torment) of souls in hell, see here,...a portal page to a host of informative articles as well. In general I find the teaching to be 'insane' since it violates a few if not more principles of justice, equity and mercy,...while preventing the will of God to be fulfilled, which is ever towards the healing, reformation or restoration of souls. It forever denies love its very heart and will. I think the doctrine has done more harm than good. There is more involved here also where it concerns 'free will', but these require more serious research and deeper reflection. With that, I hope you enjoy considering some of the propositions shared, and question things for yourselves.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
More on ECT

More on ECT

~*~*~

Well, looks like the latest ECT thread is going down the tubes a bit, with petty banter from meshak's hat, to tit for tat....all the while missing the real language/translation issues behind the word 'aion', its use in ancient times, understanding it in context, and the English translation of these words which stretch meanings out of context.

Not necessarily in meshak's defense but somewhat, more going on about the whole ECT bit, I address Sherman on the matter here.

Also a post to Chrysostom on 'universal salvation' here. - he insists the ECT supporters want you to suffer,...the irony of that, has subtle sadistic undertones behind some sense of divine justice. The universal law of compensation (karma) resolves somewhat the bold presumption of ECT, but with modifiers.

Then, 'Research, ponder and properly contextualize'

Time to trim the fat :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Rather be gay than a sad individual.....

Rather be gay than a sad individual.....

Oh. And Freelight is gay.

Ok, lets entertain this just for fun.....

Will put you off 'ignore' just for this round, and you've been reported for trolling my thread here.

I'd rather be 'gay' (happy) than depressed, sad, pretentious, sorry or bigoted. As far as me being 'gay',...readers can read my 'report' on this 'claim' in the Woodshed here :thumb:

To reiterate, whether I'm gay, bi, tri, trans or queer....that's irrelevant and none of your business unless I choose to make it your business.

If you'd actually like to engage in an intelligent, civil, respectful dialogue, or even in this format a debate of some kind, then you can do that, if you're able. Furthermore, as I shared in my OP, if you can digest it,...take an honest look at your own religious-beliefs, opinions, assumptions, biases and see if there is any merit or imperfection in those, - dare to research and question reality, and your concepts of 'God', 'religion', etc. Here at the café, its allowed or even recommended :)

Have a no holds barred battle with your own assumptions of reality. Do you have the courage to do so?

Letsargue

Hi Lets,

I trust you did read my past post-response to yours here :)

I don't claim genius (although I think we all have the 'germ' of genius within, waiting to be developed), but value ingenuity in our craft as we engage in discussion. Our sharing of language (logos) is just that,...hence my focus on 'creative dialogue'.

This space is a canvas, paint as you wish, but know that with each stroke and each syllable we are 'co-creating' with Spirit at every turn,...and all actions, words, thoughts carry their corresponding results or effects. We can co-create anything we like within our powers.

As far as my 'ingenuity' lying only in my 'Self' or in my own 'beliefs',....well,....as far as I know...there is no reality that can be known or realized apart from my 'Self' (my conscious center), the field and nexus of knowledge. I AM. - this very conscious identity is 'God'. 'God' includes All There Is. This is the truth of 'non-duality' where primal consciousness is at the heart of all, - all is arising in this consciousness, so there is no reality apart from this awareness. This is it (reality itself) - it is clearly being.... prior to any words or concepts,...being What IS.

Now of course when we discuss various theologies or religious traditions/cults/beliefs/myths, etc... its 'relative'...figurative, metaphoric, conceptual...word-symbols that we relate to and with in any given religious or philosophical context. Hence we use the 'terms' and 'meanings' commonly understood or defined in those particular schools, or religious writings/culture. That's whats cool about studying 'comparative religions', and universal laws and principles, we get the 'bigger picture' and see how all relates having their origin and destiny in a primal unity at the Heart. 'God' is the primal Heart. Hence 'God' is like the Great Central SUN, and all expressions or revelations of 'God' within various religious traditions or schools....are 'rays' of that sun. I could go on, since this is the essence of the Ancient or Perennial Wisdom ;)

N-O-O-O!!!! -- "BRAVE" in Speech, IS Not Genius, but Stupid. Listen to them; - No "Knowledge" AT ALL!! ----- TOL IS Full of self speakers of nothing But FOOLISHNESS; V-E-R-Y Few Geniuses of anything!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 092515

Letsargue

Welcome to the thread La,

I would remind you to 'relax' (free chill pills at the counter) and let your expectations go. Just BE :) - also, you may want to go over the OP carefully again,....I lay out some general guidelines and a vision for the thread, from which anyone can respond to in a 'creative/fun' manner,...that's the point of the thread,....a 'cool retreat' for travelers who'd like to enjoy some spiritual refreshment.

If one wants to make it all about 'God', they are free to,...but don't think you've got a monopoly on 'God', however you define the term,...after all, you're at the cosmic café,....our concept and worship of 'God' is 'universal'.

One of my caliber if quite cognizant of where I choose to place my thread.....did you read the OP? :think: - and yes,...I will indulge throwing a little 'ego' into the mix, recognizing that its part of the play of our dialogue here. What is eternally/infinitely of more interest and value will always be at the fore of course.

And please, as I've suggested before, you don't have to YELL (using all those exclamation points),....a calm delivery is sufficient without 'hyping' it up.

Just to remind you, I've taken you on fully as well in the Q&A thread you made addressed to me,...so my commentaries have addressed your concerns amply, - but if you insist on bringing up the propositions above,.....this isn't necessarily a thread on 'God' or 'absolute truth', but we will likely go there. We can get totally 'cosmic' ,...but lets just remember where we are at,...and as far as 'battles' go...remember the OP? Why not look at your own belief-system, opinions or assumptions and see if there is something you could 'contend' against or question there,..that is if these 'beliefs' or 'concepts' are not doing much for you. A little soul-searching at times is essential :sherlock:

Still ranting on that I see. I guess I'm about as 'religious' as I might define it,..but I don't recall anywhere harping on that point. Consciousness includes all facets of mind....physical, intellectual, spiritual. Its all-inclusive. Lets not get too picky or dualistic over pitting the 'spirit' against the 'flesh', like Paul got 'stuck' in. How bout getting 'unstuck'? :)

Well,...just had a brian implosion there. (giggles). 'God' is the one universal reality always-being, Omni-present, Omni-radiant....in Him there is no darkness,...so as long as I abide in the free space of 'cosmic consciousness',...I'm ever abiding in the Light,....as Light. Light is what I AM (pure undifferentiated awareness). I am that.

One whose eye is single(simple) has pure vision, as the pure in heart see 'God'. In that 'purity' there is no obstruction, division, difference or separation....there is only that. As I identify with that pure awareness, I am that.....all else is a superimposition of mind, an assumption of various false identities, temporary guises, concepts, rote, words, etc.

No need to dualize everything assuming the 'light' will triumph over the darkness...when 'God' as LIGHT is All There IS in truth,...so I abide in that all-pervading reality assuming its preeminence. When I identify wholly with 'God', there is no difference between my essence/consciousness and God's essence/consciousness for we are One, because there is no 'other' besides 'God'. God is all. The primordial One is prior to the play of duality so transcends over the seeming 'battle' of opposites (although includes them), yet we still contend and appear to have 'conflict' in the perceived world of dualities. But we must come back to the primal oneness which is our origin and root, and inhere in it, allowing that unity to synthesize and swallow up all divisions. There's a paradox there,..but the work of salvation or enlightenment is about re-turning to original unity.

I respond as I feel the words come,....such is the nature of the prophetic,...or as I just flow in 'creative dialogue'. That's the fun of it, which I hope you catch onto, so our discussions become enjoyable! (see there, I have just one 'exclamation point' in my whole post :) ) - hows that for thrifty?

With that,...as the conductor of the thread here enabled by the site owner to engage as such,...we can continue on a creative journey here, as mutual partners. This is our 'co-creation'. Lets be careful on what we 'create',...because we experience that 'creation', and must deal with the consequences thereof, hence every 'word' we use has creative power to affect our dialogue together. The Universe has given us space and time, what we do with it is our gift back to the Universe.

As I Said!! - You Did Not Respond with ANY of the "Bible" / "Word of God" // The "Truth" /// "C-H-R-I-S-T"; but JUST Your OWN Thoughts!!

((( Watch the N-E-W-S!!!! )))!!!

(( G-O-N-E!! ))!!!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 092515

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lets stay positive

Lets stay positive

N-O-O-O!!!! -- "BRAVE" in Speech, IS Not Genius, but Stupid. Listen to them; - No "Knowledge" AT ALL!! ----- TOL IS Full of self speakers of nothing But FOOLISHNESS; V-E-R-Y Few Geniuses of anything!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 092515

No need to yell,...respect the establishment :)

If you wish not to engage in 'creative dialogue' (the sky is the limit), then refrain, or try to expand consciousness enough to engage a discussion of potential good and enlightenment. That's what this is all about. Pejorative language or condenscending remarks are not welcome or necessary here. Remember, we are judged by our words, which either uplift us, or demote us.

Thank you :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
No 'bible' or religous passages needed,...just BE

No 'bible' or religous passages needed,...just BE

As I Said - You Did Not Respond with ANY of the "Bible" / "Word of God" // The "Truth" /// "C-H-R-I-S-T"; but JUST Your OWN Thoughts

((( Watch the N-E-W-S )))

(( G-O-N-E ))

PAUL, DAVID -- 092515

Note that I took out all the exclamation points :) - ah...refreshing isn't it?

First of all understand that not all discussion needs to include specific bible quotes to be of value or significance since I've shared ideas, thoughts, principles and concepts that are certainly germane to those concepts found in the Bible or any other religious text. You might want to expand your 'contextual view' to include 'God' as being a universal reality, for this is a foundational premise in any discussion of 'theology'.

Sure, these are my 'thoughts' being translated onto a screen of 'space', - the fun and challenge for your dear 'reader' is to 'respond' in a constructive and creative way. Could you manage that? We have before,...and some exchanges have been positive high-notes in the greater symphony. -its all about how we conduct things, and we have that power to co-create by our 'response-ability' in these matters. Remember, this is a 'discussion' thread,...and as I proposed....this space is a place to battle your own inner issues, beliefs and opinions,.....a 'self-challenge' as it were. After all, many of the assumptions we hold may be dubious. The mind is a playing-field with many traps and other hazards that may hinder our clear seeing into the realm of truth, distorted by so many layers of presumption. On that note, its in our best interest to keep researching our conclucions about anything, and even admitting where we just don't know (the position of agnosis...being an 'agnostic'). Its ok to admit "I don't know". Naked you came into this world,...naked you return.

Anyways,....you're at freelights cafe'.....so feel free to browse the menu and enjoy our meditation lounge ;) have fun or just relax, for heaven's sake.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
conditional immortality or universalism...........

conditional immortality or universalism...........

They'res either eternal individuated life for human's, or they're is not.

If they're is not, or if they're is, dictate's the optimal neural pattern in the humans physical human brain.

The above is either true or not. If it is not true, it mean's that, regardless of whether or not they're is eternal individuated life for human's, they're is only 1 ideal state of the human brain, in term's of how it is organized to think. I.O.W., the ideal human mind is independent of whether or not human's ultimately live forever, in whatever form it happen's to take.
(For my part, full disclosure, I believe that we live forever in brand new, shiny body's that have all the wonder's of our current corruptible body's, plus super power's like flying and traveling as does the wind. We will --if we enter the eternal kingdom of God/heaven --be able to travel back and forth between the new heaven and the new earth, which may be a lot closer to each other than they are today (I suspect that heaven is >13.6-13.7 billion lightyear's away), or we may simply have the ability to physically span these inconceivably great distance's in a moment. I believe in the general resurrection of the dead, which will occur at the Second Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and those of us who still live when He come's will be changed instantly to our new body's, while the dead shall all rise with new body's. The terrible shame will be any of those who rise up from there grave's to brand new body's, but who will not enter the kingdom of our Lord and of our God. They will live forever in torment, none the least of which is the torment of rejecting the Gospel of our Lord whenever hearing it 1st . . . being that I believe all this, of course. :))​

Hi Dan,

For my views on ECT (eternal conscious torment) which I reject,...see posts #43 & 44 with commentary links :)

Now concerning 'eternal individuated life' for human souls,...since I currently hold to an either 'conditional immortality' or 'universalism' POV (point of view) in my rejection of ECT (there may be some other alternatives as well)...if 'conditional immortality' is true,...then its possible some souls actually do DIE (forfeit their 'individual life potential') by reaching a point of no return in their total embrace of iniquity (rejection of life)...so these souls are 'disintegrated'. - now those parts of the soul that have eternal value are not wasted but are returned to the OverSoul of creation or become part of other life-streams (souls) in the eternal progression of all. From here the metaphysis can get interesting, still exploring :)

But concerning ECT,...if God is love, and that love is infinite...then no finite limitation or obstruction can ultimately diminish or expunge that love.....ever.....unless God has given the soul sovereign power of 'freedom of choice' (call if 'free will' if you like) to choose 'death' for itself. - we also recognize that a total embrace of iniquity and the fruit of sin is 'death'. Differences of view depend on how one defines 'death' of course, and we're back juggling the various details of 'eschatology'.

Still,...as we consider the 'eternity' and 'infinity' of God's LOVE...that is ever pre-eminent. What is eternal/infinite ever avails...no matter what prescriptions we assume or theologies we entertain. The infinite swallows up the finite ultimately.

Blog-portal on ECT here :poly:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
menu updates.....

menu updates.....

~*~*~

My latest responses to LA's post and others in "The Lost" thread here.

I get a little perky with LA there,....kinda riding a more agnostic/skeptical wave :surf:

I also touch on those of who use the category of "Other", and then relax a bit with a meditation with Mooji :)

PureX

Hmmm … "cosmic consciousness". That's an interesting phrase.

It's interesting to think of the cosmos as being "conscious", and especially so in that we would be (so far) the only known mechanism by which it has become conscious, and SELF-conscious at that! Though I suppose that "we" would not just be we humans, but would include all life forms to some degree. To the degree that any life form is able to perceive/contemplate "the cosmos", the cosmos is then contemplating itself, since we are all a part of it.

That makes for a pretty strong argument for a "cosmic consciousness" if you think about it. And it's not just a semantic argument, either. it's quite logical. The only flaw in it would be that if we humans do end up wiping ourselves out, it will mean the cosmos went "insane" because of us, and it's consciousness destroyed itself! What a strange and sad result that would be. But stranger still is the point that we are not only a mechanism of cosmic consciousness, but also a mechanism of cosmic self-will. Through us, the cosmos could become insane, and lose it's "mind, forever.

Curiouser, and curiouser. :think:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Expanding consciousness......

Expanding consciousness......

Hmmm … "cosmic consciousness". That's an interesting phrase.

It's interesting to think of the cosmos as being "conscious", and especially so in that we would be (so far) the only known mechanism by which it has become conscious, and SELF-conscious at that! Though I suppose that "we" would not just be we humans, but would include all life forms to some degree. To the degree that any life form is able to perceive/contemplate "the cosmos", the cosmos is then contemplating itself, since we are all a part of it.

:thumb: We intuit or assume that since Life contains within it and thru-out its environment some living energy-field of consciousness, some sentience within its very life-vitality, that indeed the entire cosmos is in a sense a living being, an organism dynamic with living substance and form, illumined and recognized as 'existing' and 'relating' thru and within consciousness itself. The cosmos is a manifold one, a diverse university, a plural unity. It exists unto itself by its very own consciousness (parts and whole, known and unknown).

That makes for a pretty strong argument for a "cosmic consciousness" if you think about it. And it's not just a semantic argument, either. it's quite logical. The only flaw in it would be that if we humans do end up wiping ourselves out, it will mean the cosmos went "insane" because of us, and it's consciousness destroyed itself! What a strange and sad result that would be. But stranger still is the point that we are not only a mechanism of cosmic consciousness, but also a mechanism of cosmic self-will. Through us, the cosmos could become insane, and lose it's "mind, forever.

Wonderful insights, since the individuals units within the Collective make up the entire community, but lets consider the intergral unity at the heart of all, and that even in disorder, conflict, pain, a sense of separation and suffering,...there is still ever the primal unity or blueprint woven into the tapestry of the cosmos, which we can never fully be separate from, and that the life-forces and energies of the Universe and its various assistants tend towards the greater goodness, harmony and integration of the whole, towards its higher potential of realization and fulfillment.

Even though in the play of duality/multiplicity or 'maya' we experience the illusion of separation and disenchantment...a more pure clear reflectivity of spirit is ever central to our being, which illumines and guides us if we but be its perfect mirror.

Curiouser, and curiouser. :think:

And such is ever the attitude of a truth-seeker, an honest student of life and its various sciences. We look towards learning, growing, progressing, unfolding our latent potential and knowledge, as life leads us on in its quest. This is why I find there is always both 'agnosis' and 'gnosis' with a spiritual seeker who has enough 'religious experience' to give him some kind of 'knowledge' of the unseen world of Spirit, but also recognizes the world of the 'unknown' or 'unknowable' co-existing at the same time, because of our limited or enscoped perspective enfolding this space-time dimension. Therefore our view of reality is relative to our own subjective conditioning or filters, beyond the essence of pure awareness just radiant unto itself as itself. - all else reflects thru dimensional filters or mirrors making perception 'relative'. Its all 'relative' as far as anything can be 'related', and such includes various degrees of 'distortion'.

We explore this relationship between Creator and Creation in my 'Return to Oneness' thread,...using Gerald O'Donnell's transmissions as an exploration into the field of 'non-duality' and 'duality', how the infinite or eternal inter-acts or cooperates with the finite and temporal, there being an inter-activity of relativity thru-out the whole, granting that the Totality includes all dimensions as well as that which has no dimensions ;)

This is particularly significant for this season of time as we reflect on 'cosmic-convergence' in the 2015 message here.

Zeke

~*~*~

Ah, where shall we begin? First my proposal, guidelines and vision for this thread, which I suggest all posters/readers to respect, in which respect will then be given back,...as per forum rules and common courtesy. That's the 'ideal' here.

My project-theme for the thread is a fun, casual, kick-back atmosphere, like a 'cafe'...where you can relax, have a few health snacks on the menu, enjoy some excellent beverages and also some nice smaller size meals to wet your palate and nourish your soul. Fellow poets, soul-voyagers, connoisseurs and traders are welcome, but the goods are 'metaphysical' ;)

I know the proposed theme for this forum is supposed to be where no holds barred battles take place',...but even in that context I offer a re-direct on that; - this will be a safe-haven from the mean streets surrounding the alley, for travelers....a place for those looking to question their own beliefs, opinions, assumptions about 'God', 'religion', 'reality', etc. A 'reality-check point'. Such takes intellectual honesty and brutal transparency (hence the battle with one's own self, where sorting out what is 'true' from what is 'false' takes place). This inner search may include admitting you don't know (agnosis) about a particular subject or even about anything at all :idunno: It might also include acknowledging that your 'belief' or 'opinion' about anything is just that (just an 'belief' or 'opinion')...its subject to change. "wax on, wax off".

I coming from a more liberal eclectic background and prospectus am available to facilitate and direct 'creative dialogue' with those interested in probing their own minds and maybe breaking thru old paradigms to explore new dimensions and expand consciousness. That's what I'm all about anyways, for those who know me...at least so far in this life-journey. Life is the experience of what you do with-in the space and time afforded you,..this is what creation is.

You're in freelights cozy little pub so be cognizant of what you're in for (for some this will be delightful, for others not so much :crackup:). If a 'fight' breaks out anywhere,...let it be against your own inner demons and 'assumptions' about life, or even your own view of yourself. Remember, its just a point of view. Expect all the goodies and benefits that come with our 'creating' (provided you have the creativity and intelligence to engage in actual 'dialogue' for the mere enjoyment or learning-potential of such),...as we venture forward as co-creators :)

At this point in your journey (having stopped at the cosmic café), have a peaceful reflection and meditation about where you are at in life (here in the 'eternal now'), what its all about, and where you are going, and what significance this might have within the greater cosmos. Knock yourself out, but be kind to yourself in the process. This will also be a venue to probe freelight's mind on various religious/philosophical subjects, in a fun adventurous way, as if I didn't share enough on that in other threads quite generously :idea: As Emerson said, "hitch your wagon to a star"....and enjoy the ride :surf:

Is this on the way to the Emerald city?

PureX

:thumb: We intuit or assume that since Life contains within it and thru-out its environment some living energy-field of consciousness, some sentience within its very life-vitality, that indeed the entire cosmos is in a sense a living being, an organism dynamic with living substance and form, illumined and recognized as 'existing' and 'relating' thru and within consciousness itself. The cosmos is a manifold one, a diverse university, a plural unity. It exists unto itself by its very own consciousness (parts and whole, known and unknown).
It is a singular ongoing event, with all the aspects inter-related and inter-dependent. The known and unknown (to us) are of one. So that whatever "God" is, I am a part of it. Whatever "God' knows, I know a part of it. This is logical. This is reasonable. This makes sense to me, and provides me with a sense of peace, and of meaningfulness. As I believe it does many others.
Wonderful insights, since the individuals units within the Collective make up the entire community, but lets consider the intergral unity at the heart of all, and that even in disorder, conflict, pain, a sense of separation and suffering,...there is still ever the primal unity or blueprint woven into the tapestry of the cosmos, which we can never fully be separate from, and that the life-forces and energies of the Universe and its various assistants tend towards the greater goodness, harmony and integration of the whole, towards its higher potential of realization and fulfillment.
If there is an "objective morality" (an idea that is often debated on TOL), it exists by this reasoning: that we are all a part of the same cosmic whole, and therefor would naturally seek to maintain and advance the well-being of not just ourselves, but of the whole. This is reasoning that anyone, theist and atheist, alike, can easily grasp and assent.
Even though in the play of duality/multiplicity or we experience the illusion of separation and disenchantment...a more pure clear reflectivity of spirit is ever central to our being, which illumines and guides us if we but be its perfect mirror.
Self-centered fear, then, is the enemy. Because it's this fear of losing the self within the whole, and of the self being neglected by the whole that both causes that mental and spiritual separation (it seems to me). And faith is the antidote to that fear. Faith is the remembering that we are a part of the whole, and that the well-being of the whole and our own well-being are intrinsically intertwined. As we do for others, we are doing for ourselves. And as their well-being increases, so does ours.

It is not "every man for himself", as our ego-centric fear leads us to imagine.
And such is ever the attitude of a truth-seeker, an honest student of life and its various sciences. We look towards learning, growing, progressing, unfolding our latent potential and knowledge, as life leads us on in its quest. This is why I find there is always both 'agnosis' and 'gnosis' with a spiritual seeker who has enough 'religious experience' to give him some kind of 'knowledge' of the unseen world of Spirit, but also recognizes the world of the 'unknown' or 'unknowable' co-existing at the same time, because of our limited or enscoped perspective enfolding this space-time dimension. Therefore our view of reality is relative to our own subjective conditioning or filters, beyond the essence of pure awareness just radiant unto itself as itself. - all else reflects thru dimensional filters or mirrors making perception 'relative'. Its all 'relative' as far as anything can be 'related', and such includes various degrees of 'distortion'.
To explore these internal and external mysteries is not just the job of the shaman, but also of the artist. It's sad to me that more people don't realize this. I am not of the 'priestly clan', but of the artist clan. My thinking and my nature is that of the artist. Those explorers of the spirit of reality, and of perception. And those documenters of what they find, for all to share.
We explore this relationship between Creator and Creation in my 'Return to Oneness' thread,...using Gerald O'Donnell's transmissions as an exploration into the field of 'non-duality' and 'duality', how the infinite or eternal inter-acts or cooperates with the finite and temporal, there being an inter-activity of relativity thru-out the whole, granting that the Totality includes all dimensions as well as that which has no dimensions.
I just call that 'making art'. ;)

284289_240463932650725_4896197_n.jpg

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
individual expressions or extensions of the whole

individual expressions or extensions of the whole

It is a singular ongoing event, with all the aspects inter-related and inter-dependent. The known and unknown (to us) are of one. So that whatever "God" is, I am a part of it. Whatever "God' knows, I know a part of it. This is logical. This is reasonable. This makes sense to me, and provides me with a sense of peace, and of meaningfulness. As I believe it does many others.

If there is an "objective morality" (an idea that is often debated on TOL), it exists by this reasoning: that we are all a part of the same cosmic whole, and therefor would naturally seek to maintain and advance the well-being of not just ourselves, but of the whole. This is reasoning that anyone, theist and atheist, alike, can easily grasp and assent.

:thumb:

12:7.11 Brotherhood constitutes a fact of relationship between every personality in universal existence. No person can escape the benefits or the penalties that may come as a result of relationship to other persons. The part profits or suffers in measure with the whole. The good effort of each man benefits all men; the error or evil of each man augments the tribulation of all men. As moves the part, so moves the whole. As the progress of the whole, so the progress of the part. The relative velocities of part and whole determine whether the part is retarded by the inertia of the whole or is carried forward by the momentum of the cosmic brotherhood.

-UB

Status
Not open for further replies.