How to Sin (and get away with it)

wonderingjew

Why do people say that Christians ignore the Torah?

Every year, hundreds of Christians set a resolution to read the entire Bible, then give up in March. Those people have read the Torah every single year!

The Messiah is the "Torah" made flesh wouldn't you agree? So disobedience to Messiah is "sin" yes? So many want to have the Kingdom but they don't want the King. As to what the Christian resolves to do each year I have yet to witness any of it so I will take your word on that.

IMJerusha

Hmm, can't believe I almost missed this thread! :D

I just love this post: "We do not obey to be saved we obey because that brings the Father honor and respect. Anyhoo... greasy grace is no substitute for obedience and the true Grace given us." To quote Steko, "Awh-main and Awh-main!"

IMJerusha

The Messiah is the "Torah" made flesh wouldn't you agree? So disobedience to Messiah is "sin" yes? So many want to have the Kingdom but they don't want the King. As to what the Christian resolves to do each year I have yet to witness any of it so I will take your word on that.

He would have to agree unless he disagrees with John. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

IMJerusha

On a lighter note, since the majority of Christians today whether willingly or unknowingly leave the Torah behind I feel the principles of tithing and the blessing and all the Psalms should be "left behind" where they are buried with the Torah don't you agree? I was just wondering.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Nope. Because, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." I wouldn't want to miss out on anything edifying. :D