How to Sin (and get away with it)

Mr. 5020

Why do people say that Christians ignore the Torah?

Every year, hundreds of Christians set a resolution to read the entire Bible, then give up in March. Those people have read the Torah every single year!

musterion

If we can't know Christ according to the flesh - during His time on earth - who is dumb enough to expect to know Him better by studying the types and shadows of schoolmaster Law? Worse, to seek to obey Him by keeping the Law to which the believer has died?

genuineoriginal

If you live according to the law then you must obey the WHOLE law, if you don't then you are guilty of it all.

...good luck folks
In context the verses you reference say you must fulfill one commandment of the Torah, "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself"

James 2:8-12
8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.​

If you live according to the law then you must obey the WHOLE law
According to the logic behind your comment, if you keep the commandment to "love your neighbor as yourself" as James said to do, you must obey the whole law.

Are you sure you have understood what James was trying to say?

genuineoriginal

If we can't know Christ according to the flesh - during His time on earth - who is dumb enough to expect to know Him better by studying the types and shadows of schoolmaster Law?

When did you study under the schoolmaster, and what did the schoolmaster teach you?

wonderingjew

Student Should be as His Schoolmaster

Student Should be as His Schoolmaster

You were addressing the thread and not to any one in particular.
I am posting in the thread and responded to your post.

Have you ever studied under the schoolmaster, or are you unlearned?

Matthew 10:25 shows plainly we are to pick up and behave like the Master. How did the master behave? It is odd to me that rather than simply following the Masters footsteps we try and try to make sin ok in some fashion or another. Remember the Scriptures themselves define sin as disobedience to the Torah, not Paul, not John, not denominations, not vain imaginations, not anything you can prop up as a deity worthy of your acceptance, both palatable and soothing.
Try breaking a mans' law like speeding down a street and crashing into a fence. See if you get mercy in that situation. Now imagine the Father showing us how to behave and giving His very Spirit to lead us to His instructions and directions and us saying "Well, that's in the old covenant so I don't have to do it His way but any way I choose to do it." That's one way to sin and feel justified in the disobedience produced. And once more: None of us are saved by anything but by Grace through Faith...
The Messiah is the schoolmaster and He obeyed the Spirit of the Torah but never dismissed the written part in any way. Sin is sin is sin, but when you confuse sin with your salvation it gives headaches to the whole house. I was wondering if we aren't to live blameless before YHVH in this existence? I was wondering how can we reason away the commandments and not be taken to task. The Messiah did say you are justified by your words and condemned by the same...

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The Jews PROVED how impossible it is to be righteous by obeying the law.

Jesu's teachings if you try to treat them as laws are even MORE stringent.

I conclude then that anyone who claims they keep the commandments are not being quite honest...hey that's agin the law to start.

wonderingjew

Hebrew or Yehudim???

Hebrew or Yehudim???

The Jews PROVED how impossible it is to be righteous by obeying the law.

Jesu's teachings if you try to treat them as laws are even MORE stringent.

I conclude then that anyone who claims they keep the commandments are not being quite honest...hey that's agin the law to start.

I know this may seem like semantics but...I do agree that the "HEBREWS" collectively proved that establishing OUR own righteousness is not only impossible but we are fully expected to let the Messiah uphold the Torah in our hearts since we cannot. Remember Shaul (Paul) said he was a Benjamite, so keep in mind that every Jew is a Hebrew but every Hebrew is not a Jew.

I completely agree that the standard for us is now very stringent since the Ruach Ha'Kodesh is now writting Torah in our hearts. I was wondering if anyone recalls the Mitzvot that declares every king of Israel MUST write his own copy of the Torah by Hand? Heads up to those who dis-allow the Torah; We, our lives and hearts are the very parchment that Y'Shua is writing His upon. So those who reject Torah are rejecting the writing of the one and only "Lawmaker" Y'Shua.
I think the very writing of His hand are difficult for us and the scarred hand as it contacts our hearts it can be super overwhelming but all is not lost, He will finish what He started. I was wondering who wants to be found 'lawless' along with the 'lawless one' in these endtimes?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The more you set yourself to obey the law the more you will fail.

Thou shalt not lust immediately awakens lust in the flesh when we try to live in obedience to that law.

That is what the law is for. I am FREE both from the law and the sin and the curse attached to it..I receive the blessing attached to obedience to the law through Christ who kept it on my behalf .

He is my Righteousness.

Amen!

You are relying on the righteousness & obedience of ONE, not two.

And that leaves you and I with no boasting whatsoever.

:thumb: Awh-main and Awh-main!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I know this may seem like semantics but...I do agree that the "HEBREWS" collectively proved that establishing OUR own righteousness is not only impossible but we are fully expected to let the Messiah uphold the Torah in our hearts since we cannot. Remember Shaul (Paul) said he was a Benjamite, so keep in mind that every Jew is a Hebrew but every Hebrew is not a Jew.

I completely agree that the standard for us is now very stringent since the Ruach Ha'Kodesh is now writting Torah in our hearts. I was wondering if anyone recalls the Mitzvot that declares every king of Israel MUST write his own copy of the Torah by Hand? Heads up to those who dis-allow the Torah; We, our lives and hearts are the very parchment that Y'Shua is writing His upon. So those who reject Torah are rejecting the writing of the one and only "Lawmaker" Y'Shua.
I think the very writing of His hand are difficult for us and the scarred hand as it contacts our hearts it can be super overwhelming but all is not lost, He will finish what He started. I was wondering who wants to be found 'lawless' along with the 'lawless one' in these endtimes?

i have no knowledge of the "torah". only KJV, NIV type OT and NT Bible, but personally, i think jewish people take themselves too serious. overall, there is a general sense of jews thinking and acting like they are "special" or "chosen". that they are somehow closer to God and the Truth. it gets old. from what i understand, "jewish" people were historically nomadic, even before exodus. i don't know why i feel animosity and tension over Judiasm as the true Faith. Christianity supercedes Judiasm and is superior. basically, i disagree with jews, or anyone for that matter, who does not believe Jesus Is The Messiah, God on earth. it is Written - :king:

Letsargue

Despite all the hubbub surrounding sin and its' problems we have to at least agree what sin is don't you agree? The Scripture declares sin to be the transgression of the Torah, so if you don't know it or even vaguely understand your relationship to it how can you be accountable for it either way? I can describe to you in my own way how I see it.
A bride on the day of her wedding will spend many hours looking into a mirror to primp and make herself most attractive to the groom and all those around. The Torah is like this since it reveals to us what we truly look like to the Groom. If we think we have not sinned we are kidding ourselves and have either despised the mirror or tried to destroy it in some way.
The "curse" of the law is death, not "The law is cursed". When we break a law we pay the penalty. Just because we have paid the penalty this does not relieve us from obeying it this next time around. We cannot confuse salvation with our "old natures" which are at odds against the Torah and the Spirit and the wonderful sacrifice Messiah made for us by being crucified on the tree. Hence, the curse i/e our punishment for not obeying it is paid in full by the Messiah. This does not however give us the right to dis-own the Torah or teach others we are to no longer obey the instructions of our Father YHVH.
We do not obey to be saved we obey because that brings the Father honor and respect. Anyhoo... greasy grace is no substitute for obedience and the true Grace given us.

On a lighter note, since the majority of Christians today whether willingly or unknowingly leave the Torah behind I feel the principles of tithing and the blessing and all the Psalms should be "left behind" where they are buried with the Torah don't you agree? I was just wondering.

Who told you All that?? Where did you read that??
The New Testament / Christ's Testimony IS The "ONLY" Place to find the TRUTH / CHRIST / - "The All Mighty GOD"!!! -- Not in the Old Testimony of the Father of CHRIST!!

(( Isaiah 9:6 KJV )) -- 6- "( For unto US a Child is Born ), ( unto US a SON is Given ): and the Government shall be upon HIS shoulder: and ( His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, ((( "The mighty God, The everlasting Father" ))), The Prince of Peace". --//-----

Paul, David -- 123114!!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

I don't think you quite got it. The law for US has been nailed to the cross. We live by the power of His life.

If you will live by the law it will have it's effect on you.

Thou shalt not lust...immediately you start looking for lust in your members, it was dead, slain by the cross but you by trying to overcome it by obedience to it have brought it back to life....and how.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
In context the verses you reference say you must fulfill one commandment of the Torah, "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself"

James 2:8-12
8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.​

According to the logic behind your comment, if you keep the commandment to "love your neighbor as yourself" as James said to do, you must obey the whole law.

Are you sure you have understood what James was trying to say?

The Royal command, the King's command. The law of liberty, of freedom. law/freedom what a package is there. Love knows nowt about rules or regulations either.

...I think it is called a paradox.

Letsargue

I don't think you quite got it. The law for US has been nailed to the cross. We live by the power of His life.

If you will live by the law it will have it's effect on you.

Thou shalt not lust...immediately you start looking for lust in your members, it was dead, slain by the cross but you by trying to overcome it by obedience to it have brought it back to life....and how.

You don't think He quite GOT IT?????
Where did you GET What You have just said in both of you Nothings - HERE???
God hasn't said Anything You or he CAN USE to defend yourselves OR Your "god"!!!
The "SWORD of the Spirit is the Word of GOD"!! - What do any of you so called -- "christians" use to Defend YOUR GOD / SATAN???? -- ((( NOTHING Written by GOD )))!!!! Just garbage Satan Gave you to defend HIM!!!

Paul, David -- 123114

wonderingjew

Who told you All that?? Where did you read that??
The New Testament / Christ's Testimony IS The "ONLY" Place to find the TRUTH / CHRIST / - "The All Mighty GOD"!!! -- Not in the Old Testimony of the Father of CHRIST!!

(( Isaiah 9:6 KJV )) -- 6- "( For unto US a Child is Born ), ( unto US a SON is Given ): and the Government shall be upon HIS shoulder: and ( His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, ((( "The mighty God, The everlasting Father" ))), The Prince of Peace". --//-----

Paul, David -- 123114!!
Sometimes I would like to hear you make a rational point since it is way better for the listeners for you tohave a point when you speak.:noway:

wonderingjew

Special to Someone.

Special to Someone.

i have no knowledge of the "torah". only KJV, NIV type OT and NT Bible, but personally, i think jewish people take themselves too serious. overall, there is a general sense of jews thinking and acting like they are "special" or "chosen". that they are somehow closer to God and the Truth. it gets old. from what i understand, "jewish" people were historically nomadic, even before exodus. i don't know why i feel animosity and tension over Judiasm as the true Faith. Christianity supercedes Judiasm and is superior. basically, i disagree with jews, or anyone for that matter, who does not believe Jesus Is The Messiah, God on earth. it is Written - :king:

Hi P.J.
I do agree with you that Judaism is lacking and as Christianity should not be a branch of Judaism, I have found some disgusting practices in both religions. Don't worry too much about the feeling of superiority by either religion since we are only the servants and sons of YHVH and the "One new man" is all that really matters.
Recall history for a moment and recall how 'superior' the Church was toward Jews all through history even to the slaughter of Jews in droves. Believe me I had a lot of forgiving to do to even want to listen to what a Christian has to say. Collective memory or some weird spiritual stuff. How do you see the passage Romans 11:11-12? I would be blessed to hear your thoughts on this passage.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Sometimes I would like to hear you make a rational point since it is way better for the listeners for you tohave a point when you speak.:noway:

he scares me. but, wonderingjew, you make very good points, and i agree with alot of what you say. i never see a Torah laying round that i can read, but isn't it mostly the OT ? i certainly do not discout it or Judaism. i believe The Gospel of Christ supercedes it.:patrol: