The virgin birth in Isaiah 7

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
truth

truth

Truth is not an assumption. It is not "assumed" that anything other than God is the Truth. God gave us the Truth, and the world's father gave you all your assumptions of nontruths!!

Paul -- 100512

Yes, Reality exists...whether Jesus came by way of a 'natural' or 'supernatural' birth, whether 'ordinary' or 'miraculous'.

Reality itself is absolute. It is the sole absolute. All 'else' is relative, conditional, limited, imperfect, subject to change.

pj

Letsargue

Yes, Reality exists...whether Jesus came by way of a 'natural' or 'supernatural' birth, whether 'ordinary' or 'miraculous'.

Reality itself is absolute. It is the sole absolute. All 'else' is relative, conditional, limited, imperfect, subject to change.

pj

God and His Creation never change! Just that ~little stuff~ changes, while still calling themselves the created!!

Paul -- 100612

rainee

Hi Paul!
I did not get to say I am so glad to see you!
I do/did have something to post in answer to your post that I left meditating on before the change over of the forum but must get back to that later, hope I will remember what I was going to say...

Now then I don't want to appear argumentative about this but For The Lord to be
Born of a Woman is to show a cleanness to her and her functions that might not be seen otherwise through other Scriptures.
Her womb is blessed -- and I could go on down the list.

So if you show an uncleanness to the sex act, indeed -- to all the natural parts of the man and also include any drives or emotions of his nature - then I think you are still stuck with woman and her body parts that were used for the sex act with the man are used BY GOD and not for the sex act but to bring the Savior into the World (in that case before any man had touched her.)

So maybe man is unclean. ok. Bad him.

Letsargue

Hi Paul!
I did not get to say I am so glad to see you!
I do/did have something to post in answer to your post that I left meditating on before the change over of the forum but must get back to that later, hope I will remember what I was going to say...

Now then I don't want to appear argumentative about this but For The Lord to be
Born of a Woman is to show a cleanness to her and her functions that might not be seen otherwise through other Scriptures.
Her womb is blessed -- and I could go on down the list.

So if you show an uncleanness to the sex act, indeed -- to all the natural parts of the man and also include any drives or emotions of his nature - then I think you are still stuck with woman and her body parts that were used for the sex act with the man are used BY GOD and not for the sex act but to bring the Savior into the World (in that case before any man had touched her.)

So maybe man is unclean. ok. Bad him.

1 Corinthians 7:4 KJV --- Both were given the power over their own body, ( BUT ), the man dominated that power. - I ( Never said that it’s the woman who is at fault ) of the “Fornication” between the husband and wife;- it’s still the ( Man ) that dominates. --- 1 Corinthians 7:37 KJV --- It’s always the man, but God gave the man to have power over the woman, but not any of ( That ) power, the man ( Took it ). – Jesus ( Never ) took that power from the woman, but brought the “Promise” to both. - The Heavenly marriage is by “Promise” of the Husbandman and His Bride / Christ and His Church - / - No sex act between the two, but the Promise of ( Both )!!

It doesn’t matter if they are married or not, or just a one night stand, it’s still “Fornication” for the man, and the woman is duped again the same way she was in the Garden; -- always!!

There is ( “No” ) Commandment to the Woman BUT, >>-- Genesis 3:16 KJV -------//-- You cannot show one place where “GOD” says to the woman anything but “that”. - There is no Commandment for the woman to break but that one and only Commandment to her. – “Angels” have spoken to women many times, but not in those kind of Commandments, - It’s usually “Gabriel”, the “Informing” Angel!!! -- The same here and now. -- Sometimes it's Michael speaking, and sometimes it's Gabriel. - It's that world that has no idea what's going on with Christ!!

Paul – 100612

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Brahman, the ultimate reality

Brahman, the ultimate reality

God and His Creation never change! Just that ~little stuff~ changes, while still calling themselves the created!!

Paul -- 100612

Indeed,...what is truly real is 'real' or 'unchanging' in its essence for all eternity,...this infinite reality is before all conventional measures of space or time. All 'else' comes and goes, being temporal fluxations or transformations of energy, mind, matter, spirit, etc. Behind it all...the incorporeal One remains,....the 'bed' in which all springs and all returns.

pj

Letsargue

Indeed,...what is truly real is 'real' or 'unchanging' in its essence for all eternity,...this infinite reality is before all conventional measures of space or time. All 'else' comes and goes, being temporal fluxations or transformations of energy, mind, matter, spirit, etc. Behind it all...the incorporeal One remains,....the 'bed' in which all springs and all returns.

pj

Yes, God is God and all the rest is not God.

Paul -- 100712

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Yes, God is God and all the rest is not God.

Paul -- 100712

But 'God' is omnipresent :) There is that which is 'eternal', and that which is 'temporal' or subject to change, space-time, transformation.

But back on the subject,....a virgin birth theory or 'belief' remains a speculation, as to if its even necessary, or just an assumption granted to make the birth of Jesus all the more miraculous. Enjoy the research :surf:

pj

Letsargue

But 'God' is omnipresent :) There is that which is 'eternal', and that which is 'temporal' or subject to change, space-time, transformation.

But back on the subject,....a virgin birth theory or 'belief' remains a speculation, as to if its even necessary, or just an assumption granted to make the birth of Jesus all the more miraculous. Enjoy the research :surf:

pj

The "Virgin Birth" IS Truly A PARABLE as Christ says, and is "Comparable - Compared" to the "Truth" that is - "Born // Carried" of One / One GOD; -- Not Carnal MINDED.

Paul -- 042415

False Prophet

Ahaz was the son of Ahab.
So Ahab slept with his fathers, and Ahaziah his son became king in his place.
kings 22:40
Jehu ended the life of Ahaz and his reign ended there.
the king of Judah saw this, he fled by the way of the garden house. And Jehu pursued him and said, “Shoot him too, in the chariot.” So they shot him at the ascent of Gur, which is at Ibleam. But he fled to Megiddo and died there.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Custom Theology.................

Custom Theology.................

The "Virgin Birth" IS Truly A PARABLE as Christ says, and is "Comparable - Compared" to the "Truth" that is - "Born // Carried" of One / One GOD; -- Not Carnal MINDED.

Paul -- 042415

As we've covered here already,...the VB is pretty much relegated to mythology, a later insert into only a few gospels. It was a later development. Furthermore, can you provide proof that the early community of followers of Jesus in Jerusalem led by Jesus brother James the Just (also followers of the Way, the Nazarenes, Ebionites, etc.) believed Jesus was virgin born? Can you show in the letters attributed to Paul that there was a VB?

Did Jesus anywhere claim to be virgin born?

Yes, perhaps this is all just a ganglion of parables,....just 'build' your own theology :surf:

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
VB unnecessary.......

VB unnecessary.......

~*~*~
Interestingly, the apostle Paul appears to know nothing of the 'virgin birth ' of Jesus, and had ample opportunity when speaking of his birth to indicate this miraculous fact. Instead he speaks of Jesus being the son of David, according to the flesh, indicating a natural biological birth within David's lineage, which corresponds logically with Jesus being Joseph's son. Since the epistles are regarded as earlier than the canonical gospels, this supports the virgin birth being a later doctrinal interpolation added to Matthew and Luke's gospels. A virgin birth 'belief' or 'doctrine' is wholly unnecessary.

See: Was the Virgin Birth Doctrine Part of the Original Gospels?