JC was NOT the messiah!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Are any of these God's real name?
I'm not sure of the vowels on YHVH, nor the correct transliteration of these Hebrew characters.

Exodus 6:3 (NASB)

and I appeared h7200 ראה ra'ah

to Abraham, h85 אברהם 'Abraham

Isaac, h3327 יצחק Yitschaq

and Jacob, h3290 יעקב Ya`aqob

as God h410 אל 'el

Almighty, h7706 שדי Shadday

but by My name, h8034 שם shem

LORD, h3068 יהוה Yĕhovah

I did not make h3045 ידע yada`

Myself known h3045 ידע yada`

to them.

BabyChristian

Bs'd

Shalom dear readers,

Hereby I want to tell you about the one true God, and give you shocking facts and data that has been suppressed by the Christian church for 2000 years. This was done by, amongst other things, burning Bible translators on the stake, mass burnings of Bible translations and corrupting Bible translations.
But now the truth is out. Look here:

That's a bummer, can't post links yet.

OK, here he is: http://mountzion.freewebpage.org

That says it all.

Please send this message to every Christian & messianic Jew you know and/or post it on every messageboard you can find. One way of loving God is making Him known amongst the nations. One way of loving your fellow man is revealing the falsehood he has been exposed to.

Eliyahu

Oh I wish I knew everything as you do.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Neither Hebrew or Greek have characters for numbers. We have numbers and letters, they have only letters. So, in each language the letters are also used as numbers.
When a word is written, it also has a numeric equivalent. Since each letter has a numeric equivalent, the numbers can be added up to arrive at a value for the word. The value is the gammatria.
The term 'numerology' can have occultic associations, but not necessarily. I am not encouraging an occultic practice. There is a harmless use of numerical values and the Hebrews did employ it in the Bible.

http://carm.org/what-biblical-numerology
I have also heard the term gammatria. I don't have a problem with the letters having numerical value. I wonder though about the attaching of significance to those "numbers" in order to preach a whole new message.

Elia

Doesn't the word "Hebrew" have something to do with the time of Abraham?

Bs'd

Yes. "Hebrew" comes from the word "Ivrie" and that means "the other side".

Abraham used to sit to teach the nations, but with a river in between him and the nations, so he was "on the other side".

Eliyahu

Elia

I have also heard the term gammatria. I don't have a problem with the letters having numerical value. I wonder though about the attaching of significance to those "numbers" in order to preach a whole new message.

Bs'd

You cannot build a religion on those numbers games.

Sometimes it might give interesting hints, but that's it.

Eliyahu

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
I'm not sure of the vowels on YHVH, nor the correct transliteration of these Hebrew characters.

Exodus 6:3 (NASB)

and I appeared h7200 ראה ra'ah

to Abraham, h85 אברהם 'Abraham

Isaac, h3327 יצחק Yitschaq

and Jacob, h3290 יעקב Ya`aqob

as God h410 אל 'el

Almighty, h7706 שדי Shadday

but by My name, h8034 שם shem

LORD, h3068 יהוה Yĕhovah

I did not make h3045 ידע yada`

Myself known h3045 ידע yada`

to them.

What makes any of this God's real name?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Yeah, I don't think that we should look further than the literal-grammatical-historical text. It's meant to be read and understood in context. There is a reference to the number of the beast in the Revelation, but that is a clear reference from scripture and there's lots of speculation on that. One can spend a lifetime just endeavoring to rightly divide the Word, without dabbling in Gematria.