JC was NOT the messiah!

Elia

Is God's real name even mentioned in the Bible?

Bs'd

Almost 7000 times.

Who is the God of Israel? The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

Christianity is very confused about this. A confusion also caused by bad Bible translations. In almost all translations the four lettered name of God, Y-H-W-H, which appears in the Hebrew Bible almost 7000 times, is not mentioned, but replaced by "the LORD".

But here are some Biblical texts which point out WHO is the God of Israel. In these verses the letters of the name of God are written, like in the original Hebrew.

Exodus 29:46 “They will know that I am Y-H-W-H their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them. I am Y-H-W-H their God.”

Numbers 15:41 “I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am Y-H-W-H your God.”

Deuteronomy 10:20-21 “Fear Y-H-W-H your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name. He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.”

Joshua 24:18 “We too will serve Y-H-W-H , because he is our God.”

II Samuel 22:32 “For who is God besides Y-H-W-H ?”

I Chronicles 16:14 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth”

II Chronicles 13:10 “As for us, Y-H-W-H is our God, and we have not forsaken him”

Psalm 31:14 “But I trust in you, O Y-H-W-H; I say, "You are my God.”

Psalm 89:6 “For who in the skies above can compare with Y-H-W-H? Who is like Y-H-W-H among the heavenly beings?”

Psalm 91:2 “I will say of Y-H-W-H , "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

Psalm 100:3 “Know that Y-H-W-H is God. It is he who made us.”

Psalm 105:7 “He is Y-H-W-H our God; his judgments are in all the earth;”

Psalm 118:27 “Y-H-W-H is God, and he has made his light shine upon us.”

Psalm 140:6 “O Y-H-W-H, I say to you, "You are my God”

Isaiah 25:1 “O Y-H-W-H, you are my God.”

Isaiah 41:13 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God;”

Isaiah 43:3 “For I am Y-H-W-H , your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;”

Isaiah 51:15 “For I am Y-H-W-H your God, who churns up the sea so that its waves roar- Y-H-W-H Almighty is his name”

Jeremiah 3:22-23 “Yes, we will come to you, for you are Y-H-W-H our God”

Jeremiah 10:10 “But Y-H-W-H is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King.;”

Jeremiah 31:18 “Restore me, and I will return, because you are Y-H-W-H my God.”

Habakkuk 1:12 “O Y-H-W-H, are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One, we will not die.”

And is there, except for this God Y-H-W-H, any other god?

Deuteronomy 4:35 “You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.”

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.”

II Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, O Sovereign LORD ! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

I Kings 8:60 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Y-H-W-H is God and that there is no other.”

I Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, O Y-H-W-H, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

II Chronicles 6:14 “O Y-H-W-H, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth.”

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

Isaiah 45:21-23 “You are my witnesses," declares Y-H-W-H, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.”

Isaiah 45:5-6 “I am Y-H-W-H , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me.

Isaiah 45:21-23 “Declare what is to be, present it- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, Y-H-W-H? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

So what every man must keep in mind, is that there is only ONE God, and that is Y-H-W-H, and besides Him there is no other God.
And Y-H-W-H does NOT allow any other Gods beside Him.

Therefore, if anybody worships anything or anybody else than Y-H-W-H, (for instance JC) then he or she is an IDOL WORSHIPER.

Eliyahu light unto the nations

"Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4

"All the peoples walk each in the name of his god, but as for us; we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God forever and ever!" Micah 4:5

This message is sent to you from Mount Zion, Jerusalem, Israel.

"From Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of God from Jerusalem." Isaiah 2:3, Micah 4:2

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by Untellectual
I thought numerology was pagan.

It is and is not part of this conversation.

Same with astrology.

Neither Hebrew or Greek have characters for numbers. We have numbers and letters, they have only letters. So, in each language the letters are also used as numbers.
When a word is written, it also has a numeric equivalent. Since each letter has a numeric equivalent, the numbers can be added up to arrive at a value for the word. The value is the gammatria.
The term 'numerology' can have occultic associations, but not necessarily. I am not encouraging an occultic practice. There is a harmless use of numerical values and the Hebrews did employ it in the Bible.

http://carm.org/what-biblical-numerology

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Bs'd

Sure, they knew it so well that they gave two wildly differing genealogies of JC through his father Joseph.

Eliyahu

Some things are not always what they seem to be at first glance.
Seek further.

Elia

Some things are not always what they seem to be at first glance.
Seek further.

Bs'd

Yeah yeah, I know the story. If there is written "Joseph" you must just imagine that there is written "Mary".

Eliyahu

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Original Quote by Elia:

Bs'd

Almost 7000 times.

Who is the God of Israel? The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

Christianity is very confused about this. A confusion also caused by bad Bible translations. In almost all translations the four lettered name of God, Y-H-W-H, which appears in the Hebrew Bible almost 7000 times, is not mentioned, but replaced by "the LORD".

Some Christians and others are confused about it but not all, although some of us could learn more, no doubt.
Many English translations of the Bible, following the tradition started by William Tyndale c.1525, render YHWH as "LORD" (all caps) or "LORD" (small caps), and Adonai as "Lord" (upper & lower case).
These translations are careful to always use "LORD" (all caps) when translating YHWH, so when I see "LORD", I know that YHWH is being referred to. The translators were not confused about it, though many readers are. I teach this distinction regularly when I teach from the scriptures.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Original post by Elia:

page 4 Post# 55

I think it was His glory. Hashem himself is not physical, so He does not occupy one single space.

It is just that in the Temple His presence was more intense.

Eliyahu

I agree with this 100%! :thumb:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Bs'd

What it means is that he was not and is not a messiah.

"Messiah" means "anointed one".

Not anointed = non-messiah.

Eliyahu

While I have already admitted that Jesus has not yet been anointed with the oil and ritual of the Davidic King, I believe that He is Israel's promised Messiah/anointed one, because the outward anointing of oil is the rituallistic and symbolic representation of G_D's anointing with His 'Ruach Ha Kodesh'/Holy Spirit.

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
cf.- Lk 4:17-21

Act 4:27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
cf.-Psalm 2

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
Act 10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

Joh 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Elia

While I have already admitted that Jesus has not yet been anointed with the oil and ritual of the Davidic King, I believe that He is Israel's promised Messiah/anointed one, because the outward anointing of oil is the rituallistic and symbolic representation of G_D's anointing with His 'Ruach Ha Kodesh'/Holy Spirit.

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Bs'd

What reasons do you have to assume that the prophet Isaiah here is not anointed by God with oil?

Eliyahu

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Bs'd

So was I. I did an orthodox conversion, did you do a conversion?
No, I haven't converted. I believe "the root" supports me.
Did God or John pour oil on his head and anoint him to be king?

Eliyahu
No oil. But there is the question of when He became king. I get this question from reading the following verses.

Acts 3:26 "For you first, God raised up His Servant and sent Him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways."

Acts 5:30 "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had put to death by hanging Him on a cross.

Acts 5:31 "He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.