JC was NOT the messiah!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Bs'd

So you are not Jewish?
Correct. I was born and raised a Gentile.
"Messiah" is a not totally correct transliteration of the Hebrew word "meshiach", in which the "ch" in the end is pronounced in the same way as in the Scottish word "loch".
Yes, I think I understand the pronunciation.
It means "anointed one". It was the custom to anoint kings with oil before they came to power. There were already many anointed kings in Jewish history. Read for instance I Samuel 9:27 to10:1; Here Saul is anointed by Samuel the prophet. And thereby he became a messiah, an anointed one, See Samuel 11:13 up to 12:3: Here in verse 3 king Saul is called G.ds anointed, in the Hebrew 'meshiach'. So also king Saul was a messiah. Look in I Samuel 16:12-13, here the prophet Samuel anoints David, the Hebrew verb for anointing is 'mashach', and he becomes an anointed one, as we can read in II Samuel 23:1; "David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed (in the Hebrew 'meshiach') of the G.d of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said; …"

I Kings 1:39; "And Zadok the priest took an horn of oil out of the tabernacle, and anointed (Hebrew verb 'mashach') Solomon. And they blew the trumpet, and all the people said; G.d save king Solomon." Also Solomon was an anointed one, or messiah: II Chronicles 6:42, here king Solomon prays: "O Lord turn not away the face of thine anointed, …" In the Hebrew: 'meshiach'.

However, JC was never anointed to be king by a priest and/or prophet, so he was not a messiah.

Eliyahu
I remember God Himself and John the Baptist (Matthew 11:14 (NASB)).

Matthew 3:11 (NASB) Mark 1:7 (NASB) Acts 13:25 (NASB) John 1:23 (NASB)

Matthew 3:17 (NASB) Matthew 17:5 (NASB) Mark 1:11 (NASB) Luke 3:22 (NASB)

See also John 18:36 (NASB) John 18:37 (NASB)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Numerology is the study of numbers. To study is to understand in order to become better users of what is studied. Numerology, astrology, astronomy, Satanism, and all cults alike, can, however, be pagan, if they are in fact pulling you away from what is best.

What is best?
It is best not to mention the names of other gods.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Bs'd

However, JC was never anointed to be king by a priest and/or prophet, so he was not a messiah.

Eliyahu

Right, He was not anointed with the ritual and oil of the Davidic Kings.
The spiritual leadership and most of the population of Israel rejected Him as being the promised Messiah, therefore He couldn't have been anointed in that way.

When He rode into Jerusalem on the donkey Zec 9:9/Mat 21:4-9
the crowds hailed Him quoting Psalm 118:25-26, yet not all did.
After rebuking unbelieving Israel in Mat 23:13-38, He says that Jerusalem(the city of the great King) will not see Him from that point onward until they say unto Him, "Baruch abah B'Shem Adonai!".

Act 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the land mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ(Christos-Grk anointed), which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

He hasn't been anointed the Davidic King, yet. That doesn't mean He won't be.

BabyChristian

Bs'd

I think you have a good point there.

As soon as I can post links, I'll try to rectify the situation.

In the meantime: Just take my word for the fact that JC is NOT the messiah.

After all: Would I lie about it?

Eliyahu

Strange how I find the most outlandish things said on this forum are from people that don't want to state their age. Probably because they are brain-washible still.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
He hasn't been anointed the
Davidic King, yet. That
doesn't mean He won't be.
BabyChristia--------You have been awesome in this thread steko, and this tops it all. I can tell you hear the voice of God very clearly and have filtered out the lies of this world very well.

Elia

OMG then he was a lunatic, a liar or who he stated he was. No one has been like him before or after. Your choice.

Bs'd

My choice? How am I to judge, 2000 years after the fact?

His family was in a much better position to judge, they knew him intimately. Let's see what they thought about him:

"When Jesus' family heard about this, they came to take him away. They said, `He is crazy.'" Mark 3:21 Worldwide English New Testament.

The God of the O.T. wasn't fair to women whereas Jesus was. What do you think about that?

I think God is VERY fair to women. He just isn't a feminist.

Or do you still believe in polygamy and all that other stuff. Doubtful.

I sure do.

Eliyahu

Elia

Not another know-it-all that thinks the genealogy wasn't examined before the N.T. was written. It was written by people that knew the genealogy as well as the next Jew. And I know that includes you since you didn't live in those times.

Give me the proverbial break.

Bs'd

Sure, they knew it so well that they gave two wildly differing genealogies of JC through his father Joseph.

Eliyahu

Elia

Correct. I was born and raised a Gentile.

Bs'd

So was I. I did an orthodox conversion, did you do a conversion?

Yes, I think I understand the pronunciation.I remember God Himself and John the Baptist (Matthew 11:14 (NASB)).

Did God or John pour oil on his head and anoint him to be king?

Eliyahu

Elia

Right, He was not anointed with the ritual and oil of the Davidic Kings.
The spiritual leadership and most of the population of Israel rejected Him as being the promised Messiah, therefore He couldn't have been anointed in that way.

He hasn't been anointed the Davidic King, yet. That doesn't mean He won't be.

Bs'd

What it means is that he was not and is not a messiah.

"Messiah" means "anointed one".

Not anointed = non-messiah.

Eliyahu

Elia

What about the mention of, not other gods, but the mention of the real true God?

Bs'd

With the real true God you have to be very careful not to take His name in vain.

By the way, the name of the real true God is J-H-W-H, and not JC.

Eliyahu