Gnosticism:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
experiential knowledge

experiential knowledge

You don't understand the influence Cerinthus and Valentinus had on Christianity. It was bad.

In your limited biased opinion. Gnostic theology and archetypology is what it is, and can be used effectively towards religious goals or spiritual ends, which is what the system, mythology or symbology is ultimately about....facilitating such, providing a conceptual frame within which to work. I'd suggest opening your mind a bit, and perhaps researching Gnosticism a bit more. Life is a journey of learning...and points of view are subject to change.

The Gnosis Archive

Gnostic Teachings (ancient and neo-gnostic portal resource).

As far as 'Christian' teaching goes, research shows its early beginnings were very eclectic and diverse until socio-political influences created the power of a church-state and created their own 'orthodox' creeds and dogmas against all others, deeming them heresies. Even still....dozens of various denominations exist within Christendom. The essence of 'gnosis' is still fundamental to all religious experience, enlightenment and salvation, since only what is experienced/realized by the individual himself avails for anything.

pj

faramir77

The long and Short of the differance between being intelligent and being educated.
The unintellectual educated and the uneducated intellectual.

-of the making of books, there is no end.

of those who are granted by YHVH, and those of the Serpent seed.

_and to all those who don't won't & can't see the Sun. _Lament & compassion and a worthy legal adversary.

either ya get it, or ya don't ~Aristotle

Letsargue

The long and Short of the differance between being intelligent and being educated.
The unintellectual educated and the uneducated intellectual.

-of the making of books, there is no end.

of those who are granted by YHVH, and those of the Serpent seed.

_and to all those who don't won't & can't see the Sun. _Lament & compassion and a worthy legal adversary.

either ya get it, or ya don't ~Aristotle

Can't see the sun?? - Maybe it's dark outside!!

Paul -- 122512

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
In your limited biased opinion. Gnostic theology and archetypology is what it is, and can be used effectively towards religious goals or spiritual ends, which is what the system, mythology or symbology is ultimately about....facilitating such, providing a conceptual frame within which to work. I'd suggest opening your mind a bit, and perhaps researching Gnosticism a bit more. Life is a journey of learning...and points of view are subject to change.

The Gnosis Archive

Gnostic Teachings (ancient and neo-gnostic portal resource).

As far as 'Christian' teaching goes, research shows its early beginnings were very eclectic and diverse until socio-political influences created the power of a church-state and created their own 'orthodox' creeds and dogmas against all others, deeming them heresies. Even still....dozens of various denominations exist within Christendom. The essence of 'gnosis' is still fundamental to all religious experience, enlightenment and salvation, since only what is experienced/realized by the individual himself avails for anything.

pj
The gnosis in greek was associated with experiences and drug-abuse, not knowledge; so you can take your opinion of gnosis and shove it up your butt. The word doesn't mean knowledge in greek.

Letsargue

The gnosis in greek was associated with experiences and drug-abuse, not knowledge; so you can take your opinion of gnosis and shove it up your butt. The word doesn't mean knowledge in greek.

It doesn't really matter to 'em; they're not going to accept the Scriptures anyhow.

Paul -- 122712

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gee that's nice, isn't it.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Oh wow, how mature. :doh:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
research..............

research..............

Again, resources were provided for you, and it is common factual knowledge that the greek word 'gnosis' means 'knowledge' of the experiential kind. To be further illumined you can research this for yourself -

What is Gnosis?

Gnosis (wiki)

I preside over the Esoteric School of Gnostic Wisdom as well, so I might be just a tad bit familiar with the subject, yet always learning as well. While sporting a more gnostic spin on my own experience of reality, I'm equally content to assume total ignorance of anything, holding with wild abandon a form of pure agnosis :) - whatever is the case, all that exists of any relational value or meaning...is merely symbolic as far as 'language' is concerned. All there is, is consciousness. - what is assumed/related or interpreted by perception within the matrix of light....is 'relative'.

I didnt mean to sound 'uppidity' or 'demeaning' if my tone was taken that way (forgive me if I did). I just happen to lean towards a more gnostic spiritual orientation and I'm quite aware that traditional/classical Gnosticism of the first 3 centuries was antithetical to what developed and became the various branches of 'Orthodox' Christian theology. The 'seal' of 'orthodoxy' given by the victors of the doctrinal wars to certain dogmas over past centuries does not gaurantee their authenticity.

In this sense I'm a premium grade heretic, but as a universalist hold to truths found in both orthodox and heterodox schools. Truth is universal. I dont reject 'orthodoxy' on the face of it necessarily, - only their limited and exclusivist interpretations, which they assume holds the highest bar of truth. They are mostly 'representational' (as even within the esoteric schools). Aspects of any teaching can be challenged or found more or less tenable.

On that note, we can lighten up here, as I can verge on being prolific, yet with a subtle humor behind some quotes, and while the spiritual path and journey is 'serious' in some respects, there is also room for play. At the risk of sounding 'cliche'......its still true that you cant put 'God' in a box. But knowledge of the experiential kind is what we come to know/perceive, that cognition that is 'light' itself, the inner and outer perception, the content of consciousness and the pure knowing that is awareness itself in which all ideas, subjects and objects arise. There is one undifferentiated Light that is 'God'. - only the mind divides, differentiates and assumes its varied seperatist viewpoints.

pj

Letsargue

Again, resources were provided for you, and it is common factual knowledge that the greek word 'gnosis' means 'knowledge' of the experiential kind. To be further illumined you can research this for yourself -

What is Gnosis?

Gnosis (wiki)

I preside over the Esoteric School of Gnostic Wisdom as well, so I might be just a tad bit familiar with the subject, yet always learning as well. While sporting a more gnostic spin on my own experience of reality, I'm equally content to assume total ignorance of anything, holding with wild abandon a form of pure agnosis :) - whatever is the case, all that exists of any relational value or meaning...is merely symbolic as far as 'language' is concerned. All there is, is consciousness. - what is assumed/related or interpreted by perception within the matrix of light....is 'relative'.

I didnt mean to sound 'uppidity' or 'demeaning' if my tone was taken that way (forgive me if I did). I just happen to lean towards a more gnostic spiritual orientation and I'm quite aware that traditional/classical Gnosticism of the first 3 centuries was antithetical to what developed and became the various branches of 'Orthodox' Christian theology. The 'seal' of 'orthodoxy' given by the victors of the doctrinal wars to certain dogmas over past centuries does not gaurantee their authenticity.

In this sense I'm a premium grade heretic, but as a universalist hold to truths found in both orthodox and heterodox schools. Truth is universal. I dont reject 'orthodoxy' on the face of it necessarily, - only their limited and exclusivist interpretations, which they assume holds the highest bar of truth. They are mostly 'representational' (as even within the esoteric schools). Aspects of any teaching can be challenged or found more or less tenable.

On that note, we can lighten up here, as I can verge on being prolific, yet with a subtle humor behind some quotes, and while the spiritual path and journey is 'serious' in some respects, there is also room for play. At the risk of sounding 'cliche'......its still true that you cant put 'God' in a box. But knowledge of the experiential kind is what we come to know/perceive, that cognition that is 'light' itself, the inner and outer perception, the content of consciousness and the pure knowing that is awareness itself in which all ideas, subjects and objects arise. There is one undifferentiated Light that is 'God'. - only the mind divides, differentiates and assumes its varied seperatist viewpoints.

pj

It seems to me that the word “Wisdom” has a ( "Definite" ) ( Definition ) ( Defined ) and doesn’t apply to just anything such as “GNOSTIC”!!! – Neither Drug Abuse, nor Gang Rape. -- How can one be “Wise” in Comedy, or Law Enforcement, and Government?? – Just how do some of you GENIUSES apply “Wisdom” to anything but God?? – Wisdom is “Wisdom”!! -- Now let’s see some more ( "Philosophy" ).

Paul 122812

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
It seems to me that the word “Wisdom” has a ( "Definite" ) ( Definition ) ( Defined ) and doesn’t apply to just anything such as “GNOSTIC”!!! – Neither Drug Abuse, nor Gang Rape. -- How can one be “Wise” in Comedy, or Law Enforcement, and Government?? – Just how do some of you GENIUSES apply “Wisdom” to anything but God?? – Wisdom is “Wisdom”!! -- Now let’s see some more ( "Philosophy" ).

Paul 122812

Philosophy is the love of wisdom, but I wouldnt necessarily correlate to some of the things you state above :noid: - Sophia is justified by her children :)

pj

Letsargue

Philosophy is the love of wisdom, but I wouldnt necessarily correlate to some of the things you state above :noid: - Sophia is justified by her children :)

pj

Philosophy can’t be the ((( Love ))) of Wisdom when Wisdom can only apply to the Understanding of the Knowledge of the ( Word of God ), not the words of Gnostics!!! – The ( Love ) of the Wisdom of God by necessity refers to the obedience of the “Commandments” of Christ!! – John 14:15 KJV ---------///--- Jesus is the “Wisdom” / the Understanding of HIS Knowledge!!

Paul – 122812

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
knowing ones......

knowing ones......

Philosophy can’t be the ((( Love ))) of Wisdom when Wisdom can only apply to the Understanding of the Knowledge of the ( Word of God ), not the words of Gnostics!!! – The ( Love ) of the Wisdom of God by necessity refers to the obedience of the “Commandments” of Christ!! – John 14:15 KJV ---------///--- Jesus is the “Wisdom” / the Understanding of HIS Knowledge!!

Paul – 122812

Truth is truth, however we designate such as 'absolute' or 'relative',....and knowledge is knowledge, whether being 'pure knowing' or some form of 'conditional knowledge', which is naturally 'relative' to a particular context.

Remember 'God' Itself is Light, that pure primordial source of all that is knowable, since IT includes all 'knowing' and all knowledge, indefinitive and definitive. It includes all 'agnosis'(darkness) and 'gnosis'(light), and all that is beyond such. 'God' is all that 'is', and also the source behind every-thing, prior to any name, form, definition or description. Gnosis is naturally the light of one's own being, as that 'being' originates from the Supreme Being, apart from which it has no existence. I Am. This reality is Self-evident, ever already present. I am that.

Absolute Reality is being what it is, without any interface or translating medium (the mind and all its perceptions/assumptions). Relative reality, is what we experience here thru the interface of mind, in space-time with all its conditioning and distortions. What is prior to interpretation is the pure knowing or 'knowledge' inherent as the "I", but also the awareness before any "I"or 'ego' appears as an individual configuration of consciousness. This mind now is a 'unit' of consciousness (light)....individualizing itself within the greater Unity of Light. There is only One Light appearing as the infinite variety of individual reflections and personalities.

All comes back to 'God' because there is only 'God'. Void, fullness, light, shadow, image, form, perception, translation...this is all there in the creative play of energy in motion, the movement of creation.

pj

Letsargue

pj

One is justified by not sinning, however, the sinner cannot keep from sinning, therefore, he can never be justified by Christ, good or bad. -- Matthew 7:22-23 KJV --

Paul --031613

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
One is justified by not sinning, however, the sinner cannot keep from sinning, therefore, he can never be justified by Christ, good or bad. -- Matthew 7:22-23 KJV --

Paul --031613

Again, 'Sophia' (Wisdom) is justified by her children (or 'works')...there is no need to bring in a concept of 'sin' or introduce a 'sinner' here :)

God is Light.

pj

Letsargue

Again, 'Sophia' (Wisdom) is justified by her children (or 'works')...there is no need to bring in a concept of 'sin' or introduce a 'sinner' here :)

God is Light.

pj

True to a point, however, Satan is the darkness even to the justified. Every person is holder of both, sin and righteousness. --- Justification is related to being unjustified which is the sin. You’re right to that point of no sin, as in any sinner is justified for feeding the hungry woman, but not to the justification of his sin that makes him still a sinner unjustified for the murder of her husband which caused her to be hungry in the first place.

Paul – 031613