Where did God come from?

Silent Hunter

NO! - If it exists, it could not have had a beginning. It must had to have always been. Things can only change, not start nor end. I Thought I had said something like that already; Sorry.

Paul – 101309
You exist so therefore you had no beginning. Interesting. I think you are simply avoiding the question to keep from defending the obvious conclusion.

If you agree with, "Everything that is had a beginning," you are stuck with trying to explain the beginning of god. What a conundrum!

Last edited:

Silent Hunter

God said, "In the beginning..." He didn't say, "After a long time..." He created the beginning, to begin with. He created everything there is out of absolutely nothing, with just His Word.
Quotes from the Bible are not proof of the existence of the Christian god.

Silent Hunter

OOOHHH MMYyyy:

You guys.
You forgot God, Jesus said, “Before the world was, I am”. The word was with God in the beginning. God was by himself before the beginning. God just started to speak in the beginning and the speaking created and - "began" - all things. But before God spoke there was nothing but God in his rest / sleep, and dreamed a dream. – If you weren’t there how do you know? You didn’t even read what you said there. How do you know I wasn’t there in and before the beginning? Guess?
Peace.

Paul – 101309
Interesting hypothesis. Now prove that you and the Christian god were there together in the "beginning" and you've made your case.

Silent Hunter

So you DON'T believe that everything existed eternally now? :idunno:
I cannot answer for Letsargue but, yes, everything that exists has always existed and will always exist given that matter and energy are interchangable and the hypothesis, yet to be falsified, that matter can neither be created or destroyed.

Letsargue

So you DON'T believe that everything existed eternally now? :idunno:

I believe that in the beginning God said let there be Heaven and Earth, and there they were. However, it was the Word that was with God that created it; “and the Word was with God”. However, before this all took place God was by himself in his rest. Seek to enter into his rest. God’s rest is at both ends of ever; before the beginning and after the end. We enter back into God’s rest at the end.
Peace.

Paul – 101309

Letsargue

You exist so therefore you had no beginning. Interesting. I think you are simply avoiding the question to keep from defending the obvious conclusion.

If you agree with, "Everything that is had a beginning," you are stuck with trying to explain the beginning of god. What a conundrum!

I can’t tell if you are trying to be a little smart or still can’t get what I’m saying.

All that exists has always been, nothing has ever been started in the absolute. If things appear to have been STARTED, then that which started it formed it from itself. Many things can be a beginning of a rearrangement of what does already exist. Explosions are the most predominant, but that doesn’t end anything, only changes it.

You said, “I exist, therefore I had no beginning”. NO! I am made up of the same stuff that has always existed. I said that stuff changes but never starts or ends. How can something end without changing? If it changes it has started again in a different way, but is still there. According to scientific law, nothing can be created nor destroyed, only changed. It has all always been here and will always be here, according to physical law; not spiritual law.
Peace.

Paul – 101309

Letsargue

The "big bang hypothesis" appears to be on the way out to be replaced by the "cosmic strings hypothesis." (Google it.) Christians are always the last to know.

I did away with the Big Bang long ago. It never made any sense. neither does the Black Hole nonsense.

Paul -- 101309

Silent Hunter

I can’t tell if you are trying to be a little smart or still can’t get what I’m saying.

All that exists has always been, nothing has ever been started in the absolute. If things appear to have been STARTED, then that which started it formed it from itself. Many things can be a beginning of a rearrangement of what does already exist. Explosions are the most predominant, but that doesn’t end anything, only changes it.

You said, “I exist, therefore I had no beginning”. NO! I am made up of the same stuff that has always existed. I said that stuff changes but never starts or ends. How can something end without changing? If it changes it has started again in a different way, but is still there. According to scientific law, nothing can be created nor destroyed, only changed. It has all always been here and will always be here, according to physical law; not spiritual law.
Peace.

Paul – 101309
I said something similar in post 145...

I cannot answer for Letsargue but, yes, everything that exists has always existed and will always exist given that matter and energy are interchangable and the hypothesis, yet to be falsified, that matter can neither be created or destroyed.

We seem to agree... except for that god nonsense...

Silent Hunter

I did away with the Big Bang long ago. It never made any sense. neither does the Black Hole nonsense.

Paul -- 101309
All theories are, er, theories until they become falsified. The so-called "big bang" theory is being falsified by the so-called "M" theory of strings (Google it).

As for black holes... they exist... live with it.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Quotes from the Bible are not proof of the existence of the Christian god.

Are your quotes on this forum proof of your non-existence?:devil:

As a responsible Creator, God has communicated through creation, His Word/Bible, Christ, His people, etc.

"He is there and He is not silent." -Francis Schaeffer

Revelation>Reason

Are you omniscient? If so, you are a god. If not, you cannot be an absolute atheist (there may be truths beyond your sphere of knowledge).

Silent Hunter

Are your quotes on this forum proof of your non-existence?:devil:
Red herring.

As a responsible Creator, God has communicated through creation, His Word/Bible, Christ, His people, etc.
Please prove the Bible is the Christian god's "word."

A "responsible" creator would leave no room for doubt of his existence.

"He is there and He is not silent." -Francis Schaeffer
Is this what you are trying to pass off as "proof" of the Christian god?

Revelation>Reason
:rip:

Are you omniscient? If so, you are a god. If not, you cannot be an absolute atheist (there may be truths beyond your sphere of knowledge).
Red herrings seem to be what you're best at.

Ps82

Hello anyone,
The reason to believe that there is an eternal God is this:
First grasp and accept the concept that there is something called infinity and eternity ...

then realize that because their is LIFE then there had to be a source for LIFE...

then realize that there is something called wisdom/knowledge/intellect/and creativeness and there had to have been an original sources in order for it to develop...

For there to BE LIFE and intellect ... there had to have been an original source... an omni-present LIFE and intellect eternally existing within infinity.

Because LIFE does co-exist with intellect leads one to accept the concept of a creator - which Christians call the LIVING creative GOD.

Now, accepting Jesus as the Messiah is a whole new topic.

Last edited:

Aimiel

You said, “I exist, therefore I had no beginning”. NO! I am made up of the same stuff that has always existed.
Though I disagree with your theory about things always existing, holding that God created everything that exists out of His Word, with no other ingredients; I also have to add that when one is born again, we become a new creation, one that never existed before. We become a whole new creature.

Silent Hunter

Though I disagree with your theory about things always existing, holding that God created everything that exists out of His Word, with no other ingredients; I also have to add that when one is born again, we become a new creation, one that never existed before. We become a whole new creature.
True or False:

"Everything that is had a beginning."

Letsargue

some of scientists didn't get your memo

Yes they did.

I sent 72 manuscripts to 72 of the top places, such as M.I.T. and others. It was like giving the world the Gospel. Guess what.

I did get a summons from the Governor of Ohio, but that fell through, because Reagon was being chosen.
Peace.

Paul -- 101409