Where did God come from?

Letsargue

True or False:

"Everything that is had a beginning."

It really depends on which set of God’s laws you’re referring to. God created all the laws of science, and all the Laws of the Spiritual.
According to God’s carnal Laws of science, you have all that pertain to it, and it appears that all things have always been by those carnal laws.
According to God’s Spiritual Laws, God created all things in the beginning.
Peace.

Paul – 101409

Ps82

Though I disagree with your theory about things always existing, holding that God created everything that exists out of His Word, with no other ingredients; I also have to add that when one is born again, we become a new creation, one that never existed before. We become a whole new creature.

Hi Aimiel,
Your statement above interested me, but I do have a twist to add to your comments.

I one of those who does believe that God has existed eternally... but not necessarily created things. God did not create things out of something some people call - NOTHING. Some sort of pile of NOTHING or some sort of totally void place called NOTHINGNESS did not somehow co-exist with God.

The very fact that God is considered to be infinite and omni-present rules out that NOTHING can co-exist with HIM.

God did speak his WORD to bring things into being ... but these things were established from the essence of God himself. By sharing his nature; establishing rules of behavior within HIMSELF for the functioning of created things; and by setting boundaries (forming realms) where things can exist, then God brought things into being.

God has existed eternally, but the created things have not.

So I agree with what you said here:
God created everything that exists out of His Word, with no other ingredients

Yet, I would say it this way:
God created everything that exists BY HIS WORD. There were no other ingredients other than God's own nature, for BY HIM and FOR HIM, all things were created (Colossians 1:1 and BY HIM all things CONSIST. (Colossians 1:17)

Once again HIS nature is infinitely eternal - not us.

You said:
I also have to add that when one is born again, we become a new creation, one that never existed before. We become a whole new creature.

I so agree with what you wrote ...
Also, consider that God lost nothing of his nature to create us or looses anything in order to re-create us.

Our eternal life ... is futuristic ... for we had a beginning point, but will continue forever forward ... but God is eternal in all manners / past present and future.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Hunter: It is not a red herring to say that you are not an omniscient god, so cannot be a dogmatic atheist. You seem to think you have proof that God does not exist, but this is impossible in your worldview.

Silent Hunter

It really depends on which set of God’s laws you’re referring to. God created all the laws of science, and all the Laws of the Spiritual.
According to God’s carnal Laws of science, you have all that pertain to it, and it appears that all things have always been by those carnal laws.
According to God’s Spiritual Laws, God created all things in the beginning.
Peace.

Paul – 101409
What rule says they have to be "god's laws."

Silent Hunter

Hunter: It is not a red herring to say that you are not an omniscient god, so cannot be a dogmatic atheist.
:confused: Out of context, no, it isn't a red herring to make such a statement. However, in context, it IS a red herring because your statement has nothing to do with the topic except to attempt to take the discussion in a direction you think you can prevail. To refresh your ever-so-tenuous memory;

"A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic."

You seem to think you have proof that God does not exist, but this is impossible in your worldview.
Again, you're trying to change the subject. You see, I have no "world view" (whatever that may encompass).

As for proof the Christian god doesn't exist, well, that is demonstrated by the total lack of evidence that he/she/it does exist. Recall, I am not obligated to prove a negative. If your god exists provide the evidence.

Last edited:

Letsargue

What rule says they have to be "god's laws."

A Law has to be a factor of Knowledge, knowledge is a factor of thought, thought is Spirit, and God is that Spirit of thought of knowledge which is the Law. God is the word of law.
Boy that was easy.
Peace.

Paul – 101509

Letsargue

I said something similar in post 145...

We seem to agree... except for that god nonsense...

I think where the so called “Christian” falls out of the thinking, or spirit process, is not accepting that both grow together; the Carnal / physical and the Spiritual. Being that Spirit is just thought and nothing else. Man is a physical thing who thinks, thus a physical and a spiritual thing. Everything that the man thinks about is spiritual; be it good or bad. The good on the side of the great spirit / God, and the bad thoughts on the side of the great evil Spirit Satan. It’s all just thought in the spiritual realm of thinking. That’s where ALL KNOWLEDGE exist, hidden deep in our minds to be found, not created. All knowledge, has always existed, not just the stuff, therefore we look for it. We just call it Holy, because the Thoughts are so Holy.

Paul – 101509

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Everyone has a worldview, Hunter. Yours is agnostic or atheistic, but it is a worldview nonetheless. My worldview is theistic. The question is which is rational and supported by evidence. Just because you are dull or do not care does not mean you do not have a view or that one view has more evidence than another view. Don't be so lazy and apathetic. Your eternal destiny is on the line. I have tested my view for decades. Outside of your limited knowledge and experience lies reality you can only dream about.

Silent Hunter

A Law has to be a factor of Knowledge, knowledge is a factor of thought, thought is Spirit, and God is that Spirit of thought of knowledge which is the Law. God is the word of law.
Boy that was easy.
Peace.

Paul – 101509
And your proof your god is the source of all laws would be... (without quoting the Bible; its not evidence of anything rational)?

Silent Hunter

I think where the so called “Christian” falls out of the thinking, or spirit process, is not accepting that both grow together; the Carnal / physical and the Spiritual. Being that Spirit is just thought and nothing else. Man is a physical thing who thinks, thus a physical and a spiritual thing. Everything that the man thinks about is spiritual; be it good or bad. The good on the side of the great spirit / God, and the bad thoughts on the side of the great evil Spirit Satan. It’s all just thought in the spiritual realm of thinking. That’s where ALL KNOWLEDGE exist, hidden deep in our minds to be found, not created. All knowledge, has always existed, not just the stuff, therefore we look for it. We just call it Holy, because the Thoughts are so Holy.

Paul – 101509
Your opinion is noted. It's logically thought out... hopelessly circular... but only you have to believe it is a reasonable facimile of reality... Thanks for sharing.

Silent Hunter

Everyone has a worldview, Hunter. Yours is agnostic or atheistic, but it is a worldview nonetheless. My worldview is theistic. The question is which is rational and supported by evidence. Just because you are dull or do not care does not mean you do not have a view or that one view has more evidence than another view. Don't be so lazy and apathetic. Your eternal destiny is on the line. I have tested my view for decades. Outside of your limited knowledge and experience lies reality you can only dream about.
:spam:

Letsargue

Your opinion is noted. It's logically thought out... hopelessly circular... but only you have to believe it is a reasonable facimile of reality... Thanks for sharing.

S.L.
You being an Atheist and all that, maybe you can help me with a little thing.

How can I change my picture on my pages?
I can’t get a UUUHHH "Christian" -- to tell me. You know that deal. HA.
Peace.

Paul – 101609

Silent Hunter

S.L.
You being an Atheist and all that, maybe you can help me with a little thing.

How can I change my picture on my pages?
I can’t get a UUUHHH "Christian" -- to tell me. You know that deal. HA.
Peace.

Paul – 101609
Do you mean the picture of the bearded guy that appears with your posts? Go through the "user cp" and edit your "Avatar" under "Settings and Options." I'm not sure what it takes in order to get a personal avatar... perhaps based on number of posts.

Letsargue

Do you mean the picture of the bearded guy that appears with your posts? Go through the "user cp" and edit your "Avatar" under "Settings and Options." I'm not sure what it takes in order to get a personal avatar... perhaps based on number of posts.

Y-E-S! -- I got it, if I can find it after a while. Thank you!
I wasn't very blessed about stuff like that.
My wife laughs at me when I tie my shoes.
Peace.

Paul --101709

Silent Hunter

Y-E-S! -- I got it, if I can find it after a while. Thank you!
I wasn't very blessed about stuff like that.
My wife laughs at me when I tie my shoes.
Peace.

Paul --101709
The "user cp" is located at the top left corner of the page under the TOL logo.

Also you don't need to date your posts (Paul --101709); it's done automatically at the right of your user name.

Letsargue

The "user cp" is located at the top left corner of the page under the TOL logo.

Also you don't need to date your posts (Paul --101709); it's done automatically at the right of your user name.

Thank you!

I know the date part, but I just do it for instant see, no matter where the post ends up.

I've got to get the move on and take another mug shot soon. Good day to you.
Peace.

Paul --101809

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Eternal Energy

Eternal Energy

Everything that exists has always existed and will always exist given that matter and energy are interchangable and the hypothesis is yet to be falsified that matter can neither be created or destroyed.

Indeed,.....the quanta or essence of Energy itself, is "eternal", it bearing its own innate quality of life-potential and consciousness. This 'eternal energy' is neither created, nor destroyable....but only transformable as we've agreed. We equate this Original Energy as 'God'...for all that exists is born or formed out of 'this', in its various consistencies, densities, levels of complexity and sophistication...from the tiniest atoms, forming up thru the mineral, plant, animal, man, angel, and higher Deity levels of Existence...these being the heirarchal kingdoms of life-progression, on a cosmic scale.

Let us meditate upon this 'eternal energy' that is Now resonating within every atom. - it pervades our entire being and the cosmos! - spirit, soul, and body,...this 'God-energy' is all-pervading. 'God' from this entity's perspective is Life, Light, Spirit, Energy, Consciousness,....Infinite Intelligence....the living Source of all and everything. In a personal/archetypal sense...this Supernal Intelligence serves as Creator[Brahma], Maintainer[Vishnu], and Transformer[Shiva].

Its all 'God' (eternal energy and consciousness) in living translation and transformation of ItSelf,...since 'God' is the One and Only Universal MIND, Intelligent Energy, Spirit-Life...extending every form of the purest simplicity to the highest complexity and ever evolving Infinitely.

View attachment 15156

pj

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The question 'Where did God come from?' is a useless question, matched for uselessness only by the assertion that God is the uncaused causer.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
First grade response is best here.

"He always was, always will be and always remains the same."