Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did God come from?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by godrulz View Post
    Genesis 1:1
    Romans 1
    Psalm 19
    Psalm 14:1
    Jn. 3:16
    Jn. 1:1-14
    LOL. Quotes from the Bible are no more proof of the Christian god than quotes from Bulfinch's Mythology are proof of flying pink unicorns.

    Originally posted by godrulz View Post
    The burden of proof is on you to prove that He does not exist.
    I am under no obligation to prove a negative.

    (Reminder to self; when cornered Christians resort to shifting the burden of proof.)

    Originally posted by godrulz View Post
    There is no coherent explanation for reality apart from a personal God.
    Incorrect. A "personal god" is one of an almost infinite number of explanations of reality.

    Originally posted by godrulz View Post
    Is matter eternal in your view? Where did it come from?
    Don't know... Don't care. I've been told matter can neither be created nor destroyed... Is matter "god" since they both appear to have similar attributes?

    Originally posted by godrulz View Post
    God is uncreated. He is unique. He is the first cause. I don't know how He has always existed, but it blows my mind and leads me to love and worship Him.
    "Dear hearts there are many testimonials." - "Brother" Dave Garner
    "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

    Comment


    • Are you a Dawkins dummy?
      Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

      They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
      I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

      Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

      "No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

      The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by godrulz View Post
        Are you a Dawkins dummy?
        You are either, 1) unwilling to answer my last post; or 2) incapable of answering my last post. Which is it?

        (Reminder to self; when cornered Christians resort to name calling.)
        "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
          You are either, 1) unwilling to answer my last post; or 2) incapable of answering my last post. Which is it?

          (Reminder to self; when cornered Christians resort to name calling.)
          You are smug, not hungry or thirsty. Pearls before swine ring a bell?

          What is your explanation for things? If you don't have one, you should not mock those who do.
          Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

          They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
          I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

          Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

          "No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

          The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
            LOL. Quotes from the Bible are no more proof of the Christian god than quotes from Bulfinch's Mythology are proof of flying pink unicorns.

            Would you agree with this statement:

            "Everything that is had a beginning?"

            When was 4+4 not 8. when did that begin.
            Peace.

            Paul -- 101209
            ---Gal. 4:16.
            ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

            Comment


            • Originally posted by godrulz View Post
              You are smug, not hungry or thirsty. Pearls before swine ring a bell?
              It has nothing at all to do with being smug. But, hey, leave it to a Christian to cast stones.

              Originally posted by godrulz View Post
              What is your explanation for things?
              Irrelevant.

              Originally posted by godrulz View Post
              If you don't have one, you should not mock those who do.
              I don't reach into a sack and grab the first apple I touch. God is no more the answer to "Life, the Universe, and Everything" than any other explanation. If you want to waste your time on "god" be my guest.
              "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Letsargue View Post
                When was 4+4 not 8. when did that begin.
                Peace.

                Paul -- 101209
                Ok, I give up. What's your point? 4+4=8 therefore god exists?

                AGAIN, would you agree with this statement:

                "Everything that is had a beginning?"
                "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

                Comment


                • God is a reasonable explanation for what we experience

                  a rational person wants an explanation for everything and if it is not provided, it will have to be generated
                  a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                    God is a reasonable explanation for what we experience.
                    God is "an" explanation for reality. As for if god is a "reasonable" explanation I think the jury is still in deliberation.

                    Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                    a rational person wants an explanation for everything and if it is not provided, it will have to be generated
                    Really?

                    The universe exists.

                    I accept that it exists without any further explanation.

                    Does that make me irrational?
                    "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
                      God is "an" explanation for reality. As for if god is a "reasonable" explanation I think the jury is still in deliberation.

                      Really?

                      The universe exists.

                      I accept that it exists without any further explanation.

                      Does that make me irrational?
                      yes
                      a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
                        Ok, I give up. What's your point? 4+4=8 therefore god exists?

                        AGAIN, would you agree with this statement:

                        "Everything that is had a beginning?"


                        Please, I’m not trying to be smart, but if we are speaking loosely, sure, school ends, my life will end, and so on.

                        2+2=4 is just saying, Precept. The 4 is the precept of 2+2.

                        However, actually there has be an absolute of anything. And there cannot be an absolute starting. There must be an absolutely something, always. There cannot be NOTHING of any-understanding of time. Emptiness, distance, width, length, height, breadth, darkness, cold. Those things cannot exist without cause, and if they are caused, then it’s just as easy to cause it all.
                        All this is like saying that the Universe? - That the Universe does not have an exact center or an exact balance point. Also, if it does exist, there must be a circumference or a radius, and have an exact weight. And there cannot be any more than always or less. There must be at all times ALL THAT THERE CAN BE. How can it begin, or how can it end? It just is and has always was.

                        Paul – 101309
                        ---Gal. 4:16.
                        ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                          yes
                          Why?
                          "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Letsargue View Post
                            Please, I’m not trying to be smart, but if we are speaking loosely, sure, school ends, my life will end, and so on.

                            2+2=4 is just saying, Precept. The 4 is the precept of 2+2.

                            However, actually there has be an absolute of anything. And there must be an absolute starting. There must be absolutely something, always. There cannot be NOTHING of any understanding of time. Emptiness, distance, width, length, height, breadth, darkness, cold. Those things cannot exist without cause, and if they are caused, then it’s just as easy to cause it all.
                            All this is like saying that the Universe? - That the Universe does not have an exact center or an exact balance point. Also, if it does exist, there must be a circumference or a radius, and have an exact weight. And there cannot be any more than always or less. There must be at all times ALL THAT THERE CAN BE. How can it begin, or how can it end? It just is and has always was.

                            Paul – 101309
                            You are avoiding the question and doing everything you can to keep from answering the question...

                            AGAIN, would you agree with this statement:

                            "Everything that is had a beginning?"
                            "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
                              Why?
                              to accept the existence of something without wondering what may have caused it is irrational
                              a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                                to accept the existence of something without wondering what may have caused it is irrational
                                Says who? You? ...this from a person who accepts the existence of god without wondering what may have caused "it."
                                "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X