Where did God come from?

Letsargue

Indeed, the dream arises in God and ends in God,...for no matter what arises or is defined/formed in space/time, God ever remains the Eternal Mind and Spirit-Reality from which all creation emerges...the One Infinity.

pj

For sure; I think that can be said this way also. - John 1:3 KJV – “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made”. - It’s all there, however it is.
Peace.

Paul – 100309

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Huh? You are begging the question. Eternal now is a speculative, philosophical, Platonic, Augustinian concept, not an explicitly biblical nor necessary one.

Time is a concept, a measure of duration/succession/sequence. It is not a created thing (wrong assumptions lead to wrong conclusions). It is not a dimension, so don't confuse time and space. Time is more fundamental than space and is uncreated.

Time can be endless, uncreated. The big bang nor God created it since it is not a 'thing' (can you see, touch, feel, smell, taste, hear it?).

Time is not spatial. God is not outside of it nor is it outside of Him. It is an aspect of His personal experience since one cannot think, act, feel apart from duration (time). Time is not a god, nor is love a god. Love is also not a created thing, but co-eternal with a personal God. Time is not a limitation for God like it is for us. He is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, eternal, unlike us. It is a limitation for us though (we are finite, have limited time, limited power, limited presence, etc.).

All you need to accept is that my view is not changeable by anything you say about the nature of God. I leave you to your own views, I do not pick on you, as many seem to and I think it is best that you respect that what I believe is held as true by many Christians and I would rather you argue with them.

I believe God created the universe and time is a dimension in the universe, if you care to disagree, fine, just consider that you fight with enough persons here; you do not need to fight with me, as that is all it would be because I believe, without the smallest bit of doubt.

And please do not post a negative response to this, if you do, I will be very angry at you!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Would you be angry if I suggested that there is no biblical evidence that time is a dimension? Time is not space, but more fundamental than it. It is simply the measure of duration/sequence/succession.

Letsargue

All you need to accept is that my view is not changeable by anything you say about the nature of God. I leave you to your own views, I do not pick on you, as many seem to and I think it is best that you respect that what I believe is held as true by many Christians and I would rather you argue with them.

I believe God created the universe and time is a dimension in the universe, if you care to disagree, fine, just consider that you fight with enough persons here; you do not need to fight with me, as that is all it would be because I believe, without the smallest bit of doubt.

And please do not post a negative response to this, if you do, I will be very angry at you!

Ephesians 3:18-19 KJV – “Be ABLE TO COMPREHEND with all saints WHAT IS THE BREADTH, AND LENGTH , AND DEPTH, AND HEIGHT”.

The Lord knows there are “FOUR” dimensions of himself. Time is obviously being included in the measurements of the Creation as it WAS created by God. “Besides the four dimensions or the Creation, he added to those, “LOVE and KNOWLEDGE”. - #19 – “And to know the “LOVE” of Christ, which passeth “KNOWLEDGE”, that ye might be filled with ALL THE FULNESS OF GOD”.
There is no time before the beginning and after the end, just God's "REST", and eternity without time.
Peace.

Paul – 100409

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
resonating all frequencies :)

resonating all frequencies :)

Ephesians 3:18-19 KJV – “Be ABLE TO COMPREHEND with all saints WHAT IS THE BREADTH, AND LENGTH , AND DEPTH, AND HEIGHT”.

The Lord knows there are “FOUR” dimensions of himself. Time is obviously being included in the measurements of the Creation as it WAS created by God. “Besides the four dimensions or the Creation, he added to those, “LOVE and KNOWLEDGE”. - #19 – “And to know the “LOVE” of Christ, which passeth “KNOWLEDGE”, that ye might be filled with ALL THE FULNESS OF GOD”.
There is no time before the beginning and after the end, just God's "REST", and eternity without time.
Peace.

Paul – 100409

All dimensions appear to arise or exist within the Infinity of God, which is dimensionless :) So, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th dimenisonal zones on outwards are dimensions of space/light/energy on a relative scale, like light-frequencies,....these octaves carry on to infinity. Only in 'relativity' does space/time perception exist at all. We may view 'God' in His eternal Being and Stillness at the center of all things, like the hub within a wheel (the Nucleus of the atomic Universe) as being without space or time, these 'artifacts' only coming into perception within the movements of space extending outwards in the evolutional cycles of Creation. Wonderful isnt it?

In more liberal circles,...we are resonating in this present matterial realm at 3rd density (3-D),...but in the etheric realm are hovering between 4th and 5th densities...soon to be graduating into these higher frequencies of consciousness (being fully manifested) as we spiritually ascend moving closing to the New Era or 'new creation state' when our planet (Mother Gaia) and the sons of God ascend together in our next evolutional shift. Exciting times are ahead of us!

:surf:

pj

ddevonb

God created time. Where there is no time, there is no beginning. Simple quantum physics. :p

By definition, God didn't come from anywhere. He is Logos.

God is not a quantified or qualified by quantum physics because he is not physical. He is spirit.

Time (things happening in sequence ) has always been. At one particular point in time God created the physical universe.

Letsargue

All dimensions appear to arise or exist within the Infinity of God, which is dimensionless :) So, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th dimenisonal zones on outwards are dimensions of space/light/energy on a relative scale, like light-frequencies,....these octaves carry on to infinity. Only in 'relativity' does space/time perception exist at all. We may view 'God' in His eternal Being and Stillness at the center of all things, like the hub within a wheel (the Nucleus of the atomic Universe) as being without space or time, these 'artifacts' only coming into perception within the movements of space extending outwards in the evolutional cycles of Creation. Wonderful isnt it?

In more liberal circles,...we are resonating in this present matterial realm at 3rd density (3-D),...but in the etheric realm are hovering between 4th and 5th densities...soon to be graduating into these higher frequencies of consciousness (being fully manifested) as we spiritually ascend moving closing to the New Era or 'new creation state' when our planet (Mother Gaia) and the sons of God ascend together in our next evolutional shift. Exciting times are ahead of us!

:surf:

pj

OOHH MYYY,
I guess this will make you angry, but don’t, come back with a hammer or a good sword.

God speaks of the four dimensions of things, which describes himself with four dimensions. IF, Just “IF” we say that God has more or less dominations than four than he says himself, we say that God is “Demented”. Four dimensions don’t make God Demented. If you and I live in more or less than four, we would also be demented, Right?
Peace.

Paul – 100709

Letsargue

God is not a quantified or qualified by quantum physics because he is not physical. He is spirit.

Time (things happening in sequence ) has always been. At one particular point in time God created the physical universe.

Time started with the first event compared with the second event. Time will end with the very last event. The single motion of an atom is made up of millions of events.
Peace.

Paul – 100709

Aimiel

Before the beginning, there was no creation. No space, no heavens, no stars, no earth, no measurment (nothing to measure), no time and nothing but The Eternal God. He began by creating the heavens and the earth. That includes the vastness of space itself. It also includes all measurement, including time. Only God and His Purposes are from eternity. He doesn't change. He is Ancient of Days because He made days. He set the stars to mark time and seasons for us. He lives in eternity and can interface with temporal beings at His will. He isn't subject to time, or time would be God and not The Lord.

Letsargue

Before the beginning, there was no creation. No space, no heavens, no stars, no earth, no measurment (nothing to measure), no time and nothing but The Eternal God. He began by creating the heavens and the earth. That includes the vastness of space itself. It also includes all measurement, including time. Only God and His Purposes are from eternity. He doesn't change. He is Ancient of Days because He made days. He set the stars to mark time and seasons for us. He lives in eternity and can interface with temporal beings at His will. He isn't subject to time, or time would be God and not The Lord.

I guess I’d have to go along with most of that, as a general overview of God and his doings. However, there are details to everything that are not in symbolic terms or parables. All Parables are not the true events that were or now are. God gave us the “TRUTH”, and things that are true. There’s a difference between the “Truth” and something that is VERILY TRUE. All Scriptures are TRUTH, but not necessarily TRUE. There is not verily a Holy City that has streets of Gold and pearly gates. That is a Parable of something that does truly exist. That God has not identified in any way shape or form. – 1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV – “As it is written, Eye hath not seen , NOR EAR HEARD, NEITHER HAVE ENTERED INTO THE HEART OF MAN, the things which God hath “PREPARED” for them that love him”.
Jesus went to “prepare” a place, but NEVER DESCRIBED IT truly, except in parable of the Holy City, New Jerusalem, / the Church.

Sorry, but when you say “HE” “Created the Heavens and”: It was the Word that was with God that did the creating, not the Word that was by it’s self. There was only the Word that was WITH God in the beginning. And that Word that was with God, created the one Heaven in the beginning; the same Heaven that passed away in the end. – Luke 21:33 KJV – “HEAVEN and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away”. Just one heaven passes, the same that was created.
Maybe I’m too picky, but that’s what God said by his Word.
Peace.

Paul – 100709

Aimiel

There’s a difference between the “Truth” and something that is VERILY TRUE. All Scriptures are TRUTH, but not necessarily TRUE. There is not verily a Holy City that has streets of Gold and pearly gates. That is a Parable of something that does truly exist.
That's your opinion, and you're welcome to believe that, if you want, but Scripture shows us otherwise. John was describing Heaven, and got to view these things by having The Spirit of The Lord reveal them to him. You don't have to believe him, but he did describe what he saw, and Heaven is very real, whether you believe that It is or not.
That God has not identified in any way shape or form. – 1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV – “As it is written, Eye hath not seen , NOR EAR HEARD, NEITHER HAVE ENTERED INTO THE HEART OF MAN, the things which God hath “PREPARED” for them that love him”.
Actually, He has... He reveals them to us by His Spirit. You left off verse 10 in your quote:

I Corinthians
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

God reveals things to us by His Spirit, and if you don't receive those revelations, you don't believe in God. Without receiving revelation from God's Spirit, no one would know that Jesus is The Christ.

Yazichestvo

Aimiel does well to mention the beginning from scripture, decribing that there was no time. Does something existing outside of time require a cause? Causality is the function of things existing within time.

Aimiel

Had time previously existed, I'm sure God would have given the year that He started creation. Since He started time with creation, He said: "In the beginning..."

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Had time previously existed, I'm sure God would have given the year that He started creation. Since He started time with creation, He said: "In the beginning..."

The beginning is a relative reference point to the beginning of our history. It does not preclude divine duration before and after this point (Psalm 90:2 He is from everlasting to everlasting, endless time, with no hint of philosophical, incoherent timelessness).

<- numbers.....0/the beginning of our measure of time, not time itself.....+ numbers> (presentism vs eternalism; time is not a created thing, but a concept, a measure of endless duration/succession/sequence).

Aimiel

I agree, somewhat. I see creation as the beginning of creation, not a portion of it. God didn't create time and space, and then move into it. He is eternal. He is Spirit. What that is, in comparison to us, we don't know or understand, in the least. He exists, but He isn't subject to time at all. This temporal realm was created and time began when God fired this thing up and started it moving.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The unique measure of time (sun, moon, stars) had a beginning, but duration/time existed within God's triune relations from eternity. Our history began in Gen. 1, but God's history (requiring duration) is from everlasting to everlasting (not timeless).