Battle Royale Hall of fame

s9s27s54

Originally posted by me again
It's a Satanic plot. < wringing hands together >

In all seriousness, it was merely an oversight on my part. Nothing nefarious. Just human error.

Let me ask you a question. But first, let's look at a scripture. When Jesus arose from the dead, He appeared to His disciples and said:
  • Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: (John 20:21-22)
Jesus said "Receive ye the Holy Ghost." Was He imparting Himself on them or was He imparting the Holy Ghost on them?

Can you please explain this scripture to me in the trinitarian context?

:confused: Pray tell?

I love when you say "Pray tell." Give me a chance to look it up.

me again

Posted by s9s27s54
I love when you say "Pray tell."
I'm just a copycat: You can thank Charles Dickens for that quote. I had to read four of his big books in a senior-level undergraduate class when I was in college and he used that quote frequently. :eek:

me again

Posted by s9s27s54
Me Again, Before I get into the question you asked, I have a question. Are you a Jehovah's Witness?
:confused:
Nope. I have never been baptized into a cult or, for that matter, into a denomination. :eek:

Freak

A,

Me Again is a master when it comes to evasion so be very, very careful.

He has several cultic beliefs that he likes to hide.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Jesus said that we can’t get to the Father except through Him. Consequently, I never pray to the Father: I always pray to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Then what, pray tell, do you do with the Lord's Prayer. It is definitely a prayer to the Father. And you think that Jesus and the Father are "different" Creators?? Really? What do you do with Isaiah 44:24??

me again

What church do you go to?

What church do you go to?

s9s27s54
Do you go to church? Temple?
I have never been a churchgoer per se. About five years ago, I began attending an Adventist church, but I’m not allowed to be baptized into their church (according to the pastor) because I don’t believe in soulsleep.

I also enrolled in a Saturday masters program last January, so I haven’t been to church since then. We graduate in August of 2003 and I will return to church at that time. :eek:

me again

Is Jesus the Father?

Is Jesus the Father?

Posted by Dee Dee Warren
Then what, pray tell, do you do with the Lord's Prayer. It is definitely a prayer to the Father.
That’s a good point. And what do you do with Jesus’s statement ”No man can get to the Father except through Me.”?

Posted by Dee Dee Warren
And you think that Jesus and the Father are "different" Creators?? Really? What do you do with Isaiah 44:24??
Can you please provide an exact quote where I said ”I think that Jesus and the Father are different Creators.” ;)

Here ya go kiddo, let me help you out and show you the exact quote that you misconstrued:
Posted by me again
Is the Lord Jesus Christ the Father? Interesting question. I know that they are one in purpose and one in mind, but I do not know if they are the same Creator.
Please note that it says:
Posted by me again

Snip…
I do not know…
How’s dem apples? :eek:

me again

Freak: the heretical heresy hunter

Freak: the heretical heresy hunter

Posted by Jay Bartlett (aka Freak)
Me Again is a master when it comes to evasion so be very, very careful. He has several cultic beliefs that he likes to hide. I think you may have gotten the heretic, Dee Dee.
Jay, get away from the kindling wood and set the match down – slowly – do it now!!!

LOL – Get a life you weak-minded, delusional, pompous donkey. :eek:

D

Dee Dee Warren

I didn't misconstrue anything Me, I simply eliminating all the drivel and narrowed it down. If you don't know, then explain how you have not eliminated that possbility based upon Isaiah 44:24.... and I will answer your John 14:6 question once you answer mine. I prefer Ford to Dodge.

Freak

Me Again the Master of Evasion describes me: weak-minded, delusional, pompous donkey.

Jesus loves you Me Again.

The fact is you have been caught, once again.

Do you believe the Father is seperate from the Son in personhood?

me again

Dee Dee

Dee Dee

Posted by Dee Dee Warren
I didn't misconstrue anything Me, I simply eliminating all the drivel and narrowed it down.
Interesting. I made the following verbatim statement:
  • Is the Lord Jesus Christ the Father? Interesting question. I know that they are one in purpose and one in mind, but I do not know if they are the same Creator.
And you twisted my above comment and accused me of saying the following:
Posted by Dee Dee Warren
You think that Jesus and the Father are "different" Creators.
Re-read my statement. You misconstrued my statement. ;)

I’ll tell you what Dee Dee: I like you, so I’ll let it slide. :)

me again

Dee Dee strikes again

Dee Dee strikes again

Asked by Dee Dee Warren
Explain how you have not eliminated that possbility based upon Isaiah 44:24
  • Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself.
Here is how I interpret the above:
  • Thus saith the LORD [Jesus], thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD [Jesus] that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself.
It was the Lord Jesus. So what’s your point?

:confused: