Battle Royale Hall of fame

s9s27s54

Jaltus,

You could be right, but not everybody gets to post here. You have to earn that priviledge. You and I HAVE earned it.

me again

Posted by s9s27s54
Ok, let me get this straight. Pick an opponenent you can beat, preferrably someone you argue with. And you know you can beat.
No, don’t pick an opponent that you know you can beat. The criteria is a little bit broader, to include:
  • Pick a topic that you feel very strongly about.
  • Pick a topic that excites and motivates you.
  • Pick an opponent that you want to spiritually thump. :eek:
< Disclaimer: The word "thump" is used in the context of "correction, reproof & instruction." >

s9s27s54

Originally posted by me again
No, don’t pick an opponent that you know you can beat. The criteria is a little bit broader, to include:
  • Pick a topic that you feel very strongly about.
  • Pick a topic that excites and motivates you.
  • Pick an opponent that you want to spiritually thump. :eek:
< Disclaimer: The word "thump" is used in the context of "correction, reproof & instruction." >

Ok, I do feel strongly about the King James. Not a good subject to pick, since I can't explain why at this time. Besides, it's already been done. There are other subjects I feel strongly about. I don't know if I can defend my position or not. There are subjects that excite and motivate me. I need to study up on them.

You forgot one thing. I also have to pick someone who disagrees with me. I have to find someone to spiritually thump.

Right now, I'm friendly with everybody. However, knowing me the way I do, I'm bound to make some sort of enemies here at some time. I'm bound to ruffle some feathers sooner or later.

me again

s9s27s54,

s9s27s54,

You haven't been called a heretic? Eh? Yet!!! Your time will come. Stick around brother!!! :)

s9s27s54

Re: s9s27s54,

Re: s9s27s54,

You haven't been called a heretic? Eh? Yet!!! Your time will come. Stick around brother!!! :)
That's sister to you!

I've been reading your battle with Freak. I haven't finished it yet, but I do have at least one question for you so far. Did Jesus actuallu come to you in person when you were saved? Are you saved? How did you get saved?

me again

Death vs. NDE (there is a big difference)

Death vs. NDE (there is a big difference)

• Originally posted by s9s27s54
    I do have at least one question for you so far.
  • Did Jesus actuallu come to you in person when you were saved?
  • Are you saved?
  • How did you get saved?
Whoa, you’ve asked for my testimony, which is extremely long. I will give you a bullet version of my testimony for the sake of brevity. A full testimony would take a couple of pages and I don't want to bore you:
  • I was an atheist and believed that we would cease to exist upon our death.
  • I died and was shocked to find that I was still living. I was sent down a long black tunnel and was going to hell. To make a loooong story short, I was allowed to return.
  • Since that death experience, I have not been an atheist. I acknowledge that there is a God or a Creator of the universe.
  • Three years after dying, I read the Bible and believed the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
  • While in prayer, the Lord spoke to me in an Audible voice (twice -- the same message both times), but he did not manifest Himself visually.
Are your questions adequately answered?

s9s27s54

Me again,

My questions are answered but would like to get more into your testimony. Would you mind being email pals?

me again

Actually, I would prefer to use the PM system at TOL because it is such a delux system. I have a cheap email. I can always receive emails, but I cannot always send emails. Go figure!

We could do it via PM or right here. Whatever you want is fine with me. If you ask anything too personal, I'll just PM it to you instead of answering it publically. :)

s9s27s54

Actually, I would prefer to use the PM system at TOL because it is such a delux system. I have a cheap email. I can always receive emails, but I cannot always send emails. Go figure!

We could do it via PM or right here. Whatever you want is fine with me. If you ask anything too personal, I'll just PM it to you instead of answering it publically. :)

Ok, you got it. You said you were an atheist at one time. My definition of an atheist is someone who says there is no God. In other words, an atheist doesn't believe in God.

I'm email pals with an atheist. He says I have it all wrong. (We disagree on everything just about.) He says an atheist believes there is no god. (He uses small g when we discuss God.) What was your view on this? Who's right, me or my email pal?

me again

Now I DO believe in God

Now I DO believe in God

• Paraphrase of s9s27s54
  • My definition of an atheist is someone who says there is no God. In other words, an atheist doesn't believe in God.
  • My email pal says an atheist believes there is no god. He uses small g when we discuss God.

What was your view on this?
From the information that you've given, it appears that the two of you agree.

As an atheist, I did not believe there was a God, nor did I believe there was a god.

s9s27s54

Re: Now I DO believe in God

From the information that you've given, it appears that the two of you agree.

As an atheist, I did not believe there was a God, nor did I believe there was a god.

Ok, that means I'm right and he's wrong. As usual. He won't admit it, though. I say it means the same, he disagrees.

You said some pretty interesting things in your testimony. What's on my mind right now is what you do for a living. If you PM me, I won't tell anybody what you do for a living. What do you do?

s9s27s54

I'm a cop.
I thought you were a lawyer.

I have a question since your a cop. Maybe you can explain something to me. Perhaps I'll PM you with my question.

Anyway, I'm getting more into your argument with Freak, and we do not believe alike, you and I. Do you believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are one?

me again

Re: Re: Now I DO believe in God

Re: Re: Now I DO believe in God

Posted by s9s27s54
Do you believe that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are one?
1. Do you believe that Jesus and the Father are one and the same Being.

2. Do you believe that Jesus and the Father are one in purpose and in mind?

Please clarify if you are asking #1 or #2 above.

I may have to get you to clarify your question (one or two more times) before I can give you an honest answer. :)

s9s27s54

Re: Re: Re: Now I DO believe in God

Re: Re: Re: Now I DO believe in God

1. Do you believe that Jesus and the Father are one and the same Being.

2. Do you believe that Jesus and the Father are one in purpose and in mind?

Please clarify if you are asking #1 or #2 above.

I may have to get you to clarify your question (one or two more times) before I can give you an honest answer. :)

I find you very entertaining. I really do. It's closer to Number one, but that's not what I'm asking. You forgot to mention one very important Being, that being the Holy Spirit.

me again

Freak is getting some competition!

Freak is getting some competition!

Posted by s9s27s54
I find you very entertaining. I really do.
Ut oh!!! You’re making me feel like Freak!!! :eek:

Is the Lord Jesus Christ the Father? Interesting question. I know that they are one in purpose and one in mind, but I do not know if they are the same Creator.

Jesus said that we can’t get to the Father except through Him. Consequently, I never pray to the Father: I always pray to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Did I answer your question satisfactorily?

me again

Posted by s9s27s54
Me again, You keep leaving out the Holy Spirit. How come?
It's a Satanic plot. < wringing hands together >

In all seriousness, it was merely an oversight on my part. Nothing nefarious. Just human error.

Let me ask you a question. But first, let's look at a scripture. When Jesus arose from the dead, He appeared to His disciples and said:
  • Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: (John 20:21-22)
Jesus said "Receive ye the Holy Ghost." Was He imparting Himself on them or was He imparting the Holy Ghost on them?

Can you please explain this scripture to me in the trinitarian context?

:confused: Pray tell?