ATTENTION atheists....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
OK... here is your chance to get in on Battle Royale VII "Does God exist?"

Due to the fact that Zakath has decided not continue the battle we are going to give you your chance! No, not just one of you BUT ALL OF YOU!

Yep that's right each and everyone of you can take a shot at Bob or at your best evidence for atheism.

Here is how it will work....
Any of you that are interested in participating can submit to me via private message or e-mail ( knight@theologyonline.com ) a paragraph outlining your best argument for atheism or your best refutation of any of the arguments Bob has made OR even your shot at answering any of Bob's questions that Zakath did not answer. You could also compose a paragraph that was a combination of those options.

Limitations...
Your paragraph must be under 5,000 characters in length (you can check the length by pasting your response in the reply box and clicking the "check message length" link).

5,000 characters is not a huge paragraph, for comparison this post is approximately 2,700 characters, so your paragraph could be roughly twice as long as this post. The reason we are limiting the responses to 5,000 characters is I will be compiling these entries and making one LARGE post out of all of them giving credit to each poster who submitted his or her post to me. I may use all of them submitted to me or I may not, it depends on how many are submitted to me. I doubt I would accept more than 10 submitted paragraphs (if I do receive more than 10 entries I will pick what I feel to be the 10 best).

This conglomeration of posts will represent round 10 for the atheist position and will give Bob something to respond to in his final 10th round post.

Hints and suggestions...
I recommend you get organized via e-mail or PM's as to not be repetitive in your arguments. I suggest you be clear, concise and make a well thought out post. Take your time do some research and help make this a well rounded finish to an already exciting battle.

You will have until Monday August 11th at midnight MDT to submit your paragraph to me. I will only accept paragraphs submitted by existing TOL members. You must submit your paragraph YOURSELF! You cannot "give" your paragraph rights away to another poster so that they have twice the space. I want a wide range of views not huge volumes from one individual.

Let this thread represent a place for you to ask me questions about this challenge if you have them.

I will expect to start seeing entries being PMed to me or e-mailed to me over the next few days. I will only be accepting entries from non-christians (This round will not be used to argue Christian strategy etc.)

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR PARAGRAPH HERE, or anywhere else at TOL - I will only accept entries that are emailed to me or PMed to me. Again my e-mail address is knight@theologyonline.com

Questions??????

You now have...

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://theologyonline.com/java-sys" width="203" height="21">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2003>
<param name="month" value=8>
<param name="day" value=11>
<param name="hour" value=24>
</applet>

Days, hours, minutes until your paragraphs must be sent to me.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We have officially re-subtitled the 10th round of Battle Royale VII...

Does God exist?

Bob vs. the World :D

Flipper

I'm guessing that people are giving this idea some consideration. This approach has some disadvantages.

I think an atheist should be the one to handle editing the raw posts into something more streamlined. It will make for a disciplined argument and will also save you some work. I don't mind doing it, but I probably won't be able to post the completed post until end of day Monday unless I get everything by Sunday afternoon.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Flipper
I'm guessing that people are giving this idea some consideration. This approach has some disadvantages.

I think an atheist should be the one to handle editing the raw posts into something more streamlined. It will make for a disciplined argument and will also save you some work. I don't mind doing it, but I probably won't be able to post the completed post until end of day Monday unless I get everything by Sunday afternoon.
:idea: Thats not a bad idea....

Here is what we can do...

I will get the submissions and review them and then send them on to you. You can then compile them, format the compilation and then forward it back to me for final approval.

The deadline for submissions is Monday night but thats not the deadline for posting the post. We can take a couple days to format the post - so maybe by Thursday or Friday we will post it. OK?

bibliophile1954

OVER 500 post club
Originally posted by Knight
We have officially re-subtitled the 10th round of Battle Royale VII...

Does God exist?

Bob vs. the World :D

Beautiful, Knight!:D Let's all pray to see God's power revealed big time!!

In His Name!
bib:thumb:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The deadline is fast approaching.

This is just a reminder since I only have one partial submission so far.

s9s27s54

I have to stir things up if I can. I have to say this. Hopefully it will help out.

God does exist

There are no real atheists here if they do not take the challenge.

Maybe TOL has scared them away.

Flipper

Knight:

Do you require me to submit my argument to you, or can I develop my response in the editing phase?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight:

Do you require me to submit my argument to you, or can I develop my response in the editing phase?
No, you can just include your section in the editing phase.

I will review the entire completed piece that you give me and give it one final review before I submit it.

Sound good?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Works for me.

When do you want it by?
Well the deadline for entries is tonight. So I will forward any entries on to you tomorrow.

Currently I only have one.

Maybe you ask around and see if we should be expecting any others?

Depending on how many we get that will determine how long I will give to finalize them. (If we get more than a few I will give you more time etc.)

Banzai

when IS the deadline?
every time I visit Battle Royale they have more time to respond! I want them to respond, but I want to know when to come back. :confused:

jesseskico

If you believe, then how about this;
Would you let someone who has as much empirical evidence in science as you have in theology administer medicine to your child?

Status
Not open for further replies.